Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Teeth Whitening at Home - Can anyone do this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about over the counter tooth whitening and if it is safe for everyone or if you need to get approval from your dentist first? Is it safe if you have any gum problems or sensitivity or anything? Do you need to wait until right after a check up to make sure you have no cavities?

This is what Dr. Weil says on it:

"Another concern: there’s a chance that the bleach could travel through a deep cavity to a tooth’s root and set off a toothache or trigger an infection. Bleaching could also result in some soft-tissue shrinkage among people with periodontal disease. Beyond that, we don’t yet have long-term safety data on these products."

But yet then almost everyone is doing it and there are no warnings on the products or about them, and I don't hear dentists being alarmed by them in proper general use (not overuse).

I really want to whiten my teeth now and don't want to wait until my next dental visit. What has been your experience with it?

Also, is there anything with it like if you don't do it exactly even enough you will get blotchy results like you do with self-tanning creams and blotchy streaks?

I read about the Eardrop alternative on here. Yet being that 10% carbomer peroxide is equal to about 3.5% hydrogen peroxide, and the eardrops are only 6% carbomer peroxide, why not just use straight drugstore 3% hydrogen peroxide for only like 70cents. Seems like it would be stronger. Since 6% carbomer is probably only like 2% hydrogen peroxide, as opposed to 3% straight hydrogen peroxide. I also was interested in the GoSmile 7 day kit. Any experience with that and results?
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Bump! Laughing
Mabsy

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I've used a few different tooth whitening products over the years - including dentist-only ones and off-the-shelf ones as well. I have never felt the need to go see a dentist before starting an off the shelf one, but I rarely finished any of them as they made my teeth too sensitive. The only one I could get through was the GoSmile.

Do keep in mind that if you have any tooth fillings, they would have been matched to the colour of your teeth at the time they were done. Hence, if you whiten your teeth your fillings may stand out more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I use the GyOxide (I think this is what its called) when I brush my teeth. I haven't noticed any sensitivity. It's cheap, check Walmart I think I purchased some for less than $5.00.
If you near a Sephora, ask for some samples of the GoSmile. I never walk out of a store without a couple of ampules!
Good Luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Home whitening kits can make your teeth hyper sensitive. How about using a whitening toothpaste but one that's not too abrasive. I use a gentle one which might only be over here in the UK, Sensodyne gentle whitening. My dentist says never do DIY home whitening, but then again, he probably just wants my money!
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I use a whitening mouthwash. I forget the brand name right now, think it's Listerine or something basic, but it's a white bottle and should be available in any drugstore in the mouthwash section.

You actually use it BEFORE you brush, and it creates a nice foam. The results aren't dramatic, but it does help a little. Then again, I've never seen dramatic results with any at-home whitening kits.

Depending on the degree of your needs and if you're serious about it, I'd say to probably go to a dentist. It's something I will consider for myself in a few years, but for now the at home stuff is fine.
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I used the eardrops alternative and it worked really well. I don't know about the hydrogen peroxide though.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |