Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ACV
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuyu
5% products discount

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Could someone tell me

1, if I can use ACV toner around the eye area?

2, what is the benefit of ACV? I also remember someone said it is good to drink it, why?

3, I have been adding ACV into a high street brand toner: Garnier - Clean & fresh invigorating toner(It was my favourate). It smells much better this way, and it feels alright. But if I am not suppose to do this, please let me know.

Thank you

yuyu
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I think it should be fine to add some ACV to your ready-made toner and here are some of the benefits of using ACV as a toner, as posted in the DIY Skincare Recipes thread:
CareKate wrote:
Here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone
• smoothes out your skin's texture
• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores
• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night
• helps regulate oil production
• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

Yes, ACV can also be taken internally to promote good health -- here is a couple of bits of info that other EDS members posted in various threads discussing the benefits of ACV:

• Health-care Vinegar with various valuable traditional Chinese medicines, has the following functions: dropping the blood pressure, lowering the blood fat, nourishing liver and kidney, making person healthy and beauty, preventing diseases and restraining cancers.

• She recommends drinking a tablespoon or two of ACV diluted in about a cup or so of warm water every morning. Apparently this really helps regulate digestion, and reduces tummy troubles. It's a good part of a healthy diet regime. She recommends organic ACV as being the most beneficial.

HTH,
Carrie

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Re: drinking ACV. Just be aware that it's not good for your teeth (due to the acidity of it). So if you choose to drink it on a regular basis make sure that you brush your teeth afterwards. I think this applies also to any highly acidic drink, it's not specific to ACV.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Carrie and Mabsy.

So can I use the ACV toner around the eye area?

yuyu
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yuyu - I would be careful using the ACV toner around your eyes. Depending on how much you add to your Garnier toner, it could be quite harsh and if it got into your eyes might sting. What sort of results are you looking for your eye area?
yuyu
5% products discount

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stardust,

Thank you for your reply.

I use the toner as last stage of cleansing, to wipe off any cleansing cream if there are any left. my main concern for the eye area is to tighten the eye lids as my eye lids are getting a bit loose. For that I use Decleor Hydrotenseur, so I guess I would like the toner to prepare the skin for the eye serum.

yuyu
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone else noticed this effect of the ACV. When I am using it regularly, the shade of my skin changes a bit, almost like I've used a subtle self tanner on my face. When I asked a friend if my face looked like it was a different color, he commented that it was somewhat yellow-ish looking. It's not really a bad thing or a good thing, but it makes it not match the skin tone on my neck, even though I swipe my neck with the ACV also... is this just me??
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
How long are you guys keeping your ACV toner? I'm scared of it growing bacteria, so I make a new batch every week. Is this excessive?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Should I store ACV toner in the ref?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
Should I store ACV toner in the ref?
I don't. I make a fresh, 8-oz bottle of toner approx every 30 days. I don't use any Germaben or other preservative in my own toner (although I do when making it for others) and have had no probs with it "going bad" or anything like that. Remember that ACV is by nature a anti-fugal in the first place so it would be some hardy little germies that could live in an acidic environment like that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I make about 4 oz of carekate's ACV toner with the Vit C. It lasts over 1 month because I'll use it daily, stop for a while, then go back to it. I've never had bacterial problems with it but near the end it does seem more yellow, probably the Vit C oxidizing. When that happens it can make my face a bit gold so I know it's time for a new batch.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
oh great Smile I loooove ACV toner because it really fades minor bumps over night, and gives nice skin tone! I guess that's where Juice Beauty Green Apple line draws it's skin powers! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
There is a whole article on what Apple Cider Vinegar does for your skin on this website. It's an interesting read.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
This article is soo interesting! But I'm still skeptical on the Hydrogen Peroxide Smile Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I purchased some apple cider tablets at the supermarket. I started taking them today. I was going to take apple cider in water, but I was afraid of damaging my teeth. I'll let you guys know how it's working out.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |