Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Product Review: Ecco Bella Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lately I've become kind of concerned about some of the potentially harmful ingredients in the cosmetics I've been using. So I've been branching out and trying some "organic" products that have shorter ingredient lists and are made from plant products.

I read some good reviews on Makeup Alley about Ecco Bella's mascara, and decided to splurge on a tube. I have fair skin and medium brown hair, and decided to go for the black mascara.

I must say I wasn't really expecting too much, and wound up being pleasantly surprised. The mascara isn't gloppy and doesn't clump. It has a slightly thinner texture than other mascaras I've used, but I liked this. It goes on quite wet and slick, and its easy to gradually build up a couple of coats for more volume.

Because of its wet slickness, it does take a tiny bit longer to dry. I was pleased that the applicator seemed to have just the right amount of product, and wasn't finicky.

After quickly applying a couple of coats, I had a nice "done" polished look to my eyes. With a product like this, you are not going to get giant "showgirl" lashes, but they were certainly well-defined.

The main downside to this mascara is that its water soluble, which means that if you happen to get caught in the rain, chances are you might have some streaking or running.

Despite this little drawback it somehow managed to have great staying power. It did not flake off or smear - even with my super oily eyelids! Even better, I did not get that itchy "irritated" sensation that some mascaras cause by the end of the day. Its also a breeze to wash off! Comes in a cute tube with a tiny mirror on the back.

I'd highly recommend this one to anyone looking for something gentle for their eyes Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing this one! Does it come in other colours? Black would be too harsh on my pastyness!!LOL! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love this mascara too!! It's my favorite as far as appearance, but as far as non-irritating I have to go with Dr H and Lavera. I think this mascara only comes in black and brown...not much of an option, but the black is very nice!
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
As Chimera posted, it looks like they only have black and brown. Brown might be a nice one to try if you're a red-head! Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |