Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
IS Clinical - so disappointed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I've been using Active serum and Hydracool for about 10 days and I think my skin looked marginally better just using a mix of cheap, generic exfoliants (lactic, glycolic, salicylic). I've seen so many good reviews of this and waited nearly a year to buy it. I can't believe it. My skin actually looks a bit rougher and a bit ruddy, certainly not smoother, not brighter and with no 'glow' about it. Did anyone else take a long time to see any results? I can usually tell pretty quickly. Or maybe my skin's hit a wall. I just can't improve it any further. What do you think?
Molly
Mabsy

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Molly - I am possibly the only other person (that I know of) on this forum who is not thrilled with the Active serum. I tried a sample back when posts on ISC started here and I wasn't impressed with it for the price. I have recently tried another sample, and, as I have posted somewhere, I am still of the same opinion. I like the feeling but it doesn't do much more for me (though, it certainly doesn't make things worse). For me Jan Marini Bioclear Bioglycolic and CSRx Age Limit serum had the same, if not better, effect than the Active serum, at a much lower price. At least I think they worked faster than the Active Serum.

Having said that, I did really like the IS Clinical Poly-Vitamin serum and I am considering buying that.

ETA: I wonder if the people that see excellent results with this are maybe ones who have not used an AHA/BHA product before on a regular basis, or who had not used one directly before starting the Active serum? Or maybe we're just unlucky. Just a thought...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I did not get the glow from Active, but from the Proheal. The Active gives me tighter skin and a more clear complexion. Also the active takes a few weeks I think to get max benefits to appear. My skin was duller and drier at first until the dry stuff flaked off and clearer skin was underneath. But that's just my experience with it. But even if it didn't, I love the feel when I put it on! Sorry it didn't seem to do much for you.('Crying or Very sad')
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I like the active serum but prefer it in conjunction with the firming cream. I didn't get "clinical" results until I combined the two. But even then I don't know that it's worth the price for me. I'm getting just as good results from my green cream and it's only $40 per bottle. I'm also not a fan of the hydracool since it's just way too sticky for me.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm so interested by this thread as it's something I've been wondering too - I've used high strength glycolics (MD Forte III), vitamin C, even Amelan treatments in the hopes of improving my skin (sun-damaged with brown spots, thread veins and general ruddiness Sad ), and am starting to wonder if maybe it's just maxed out and nothing will ever make it look better! I've been holding off on buying IS Clinical until I've used up the products I have right now (not usually so disciplined, but am trying to be good), and I know I'll be gutted if it doesn't help as I've wanted to try it for ages. I'll be looking out for any updates on this with great interest.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I've had good results from Neostrata 10% Daytime Smoothing Cream w SPF15. Face was very smooth after about 3 weeks of use, but it is a little drying, so I think would be better for oily skin like mine. Over a longer period of time the results became much more obvious. I've used other products, but keep going back to Neostrata, and it"s only $26 Canadian!! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Before using the IS Clinical line, I used heavy duty exfoliants, got regular glycolic peels, etc. I never got the results I got with IS Clinical.

With that said, I don't think the Active Serum is going to give your skin a "glow", if that's what you're looking for. When I started using the line, the one thing my dermatologist stressed is that the products worked together. She told me if I wanted to continue to use Prevage, she thought it a good idea, but she said that in order to maximize results, you had to adopt at least a basic regimen of the prescribed IS Clinical serums for am and pm.

I use both Active and Firming Complex - I find the Firming Complex added enormous resiliency to my skin, even during periods when, for one reason or another, I had allowed myself to get dehydrated.

My am serum is the Super Serum and I'm rather convinced that it's the Super Serum followed by the HydraCool that have provided the "glow" that Molly is looking for.

I've come across skincare lines in the past that have indicated that in order to see results, you have to adopt their full regimen. I've always thought it was crap. The only exceptions, to my mind, were the Obagi System and the Erno Laszlo System, since it was very clear to me that they truly were "systems". Otherwise, I mixed and matched.

However, my current derm's advice had just been so absolutely stellar on every count, that when she told me this about IS Clinical, I followed her advice to a "t". I have to admit that since she doesn't sell the line, and since I was the one who brought it up to her, I knew she wasn't just pushing a product.

Anyway, it might be something of an explanation for Molly's (and also Mabsy's) less than impressive results..
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
My only problem with IS Clinical is - "its sooo sticky after application". Is the Proheal and Poly-Vit, as sticky as Super and Active? Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
The proheal serum followed by the hydracool in the AM isn't sticky to me, but I let it dry a little before applying my makeup. The Active Serum followed by Hydracool has a little stickiness but it doesn't bother me in the PM, because I am just going to bed and it dries just fine.
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I forgot which it was but the blue one (hydrocool?) I did not like. Proheal was very good though.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Katee, that's very encouraging to hear - I seem to remember it was your posts about your fab results with IS Clinical that first got me interested in the products so it's good to know that you had used similar products before too. I don't think I'll have any problems using the whole line when I do get started - I want it all anyway Embarassed . My only problem is choosing which ones to try first....
Mabsy

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Anyway, it might be something of an explanation for Molly's (and also Mabsy's) less than impressive results..

I thought about this before as well, but the second time around I used the whole IS Clinical line and I still think that my CSRx would be more effective with it. It simply doesn't work for my skin. I was using the moisturising cream in the morning the firming complex at night. And was also using the Hydra Cool and Super C serum, before I moved on to ProHeal and Poly Vitamin.

Btw, this could be a matter of pH. Does anyone know the pH of Active Serum at all?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, despite what Katee says I'm still surprised that the active alone doesn't actually seem to give me smooth or brightened skin - most chemical exfoliants will do that for me (bioglycolic, Exfol et al.) and I am using it alongside hydracool, which is supposed to have very high antioxidant properties which usually gives my skin a boost pretty rapidly and considering I ran out of any kind of antioxidant serum a long time ago I was expecting some kind of an improvement.

I also seem to remember that when you first reviewed IS Clinical, Katee, you were only using Active and Hydracool from the range. Are you saying the Prevage was key?

BTW, I'm not attacking you. I remember from previous posts you've tried a lot of stuff, and this really works for you. I'm just trying to understand why it doesn't cut it for me.

In the end I only caved in and bought this because my skin's been looking dismal for a few months so maybe it's just my problem. Thought I'd call in the big guns Laughing

Maybe it's a lack of C - that did wonders for me.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I back Katee on just the Active + Hydracool at night and loving it. I don't follow up with the firming or use Prevage. I have passed on samples of Active to girlfriends, in-laws, sisters, hubby and they have all loved it and ordered it for themselves. Hard to say why. Could be a Texas thing with all the humidity here,don't know. I have never used 3 products in my life (Proheal, Hydracool & Active) that you can feel the change immediately and everyone I know loves it. Call me a die-hard fan. I just hate hearing that it didn't work for someone else because I want everyone to have this great experience, but I haven't used the other products mentioned before, so I can't compare.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad this thread popped up.

I've been using ISC Active Serum and Hydracool for about a week now. My pores are definitely minimized a small bit already, but my face feels very rough, like it needs some extra exfoliation and frankly, a good scrubbing. Previously I had been using Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Mary Kay Microdermabrasion about twice per week and CellularskinRX Age-Limit Advanced Refinishing Serum on the off nights. So I was already getting alot of exfoliation. I can feel the menthol in the Active Serum, but I don't really get any kind of tingling sensation.

I really want IS Clinical to work and will continue to experiment with it since most of you have had great results. Would it be wise to use microdermabrasion along with the Active Serum?

-Cheri
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
My routine when I first started using IS Clinical was:

PM
Cleanse (didn't and still don't use the IS Clinical cleanser)
Active Serum
Hydra Cool
Cellcosmet Eye

AM
Cleanse
Prevage
Super Serum
Hydra Cool
Cellcosmet Eye
Sunscreen

NEVER used just Active and HydraCool. Later on, I started to use the Firming Complex instead of the HydraCool after the Active Serum at night. I also made some changes in my eye products. Added Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0, followed by IS Clinical Eye Firming Complex. I stopped using the Cellcosmet. It was just richer than my skin required, although it is lovely stuff.

To answer Cheri's question about microdermabrasion along with IS Clincal, I think it depends on your skin. I do it, but I have pretty thick, resilient skin that is used to actives. For someone with more sensitive skin, it might be too much.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Katee! I'm off to scrub!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really love the Firming Complex -- it's become a staple. It's a mild AHA (5%) with a lot of other things in it, but nevertheless will eventually cause my skin to peel a bit after perhaps 2-3 nights of successive use. And while it has a lower % AHA than I've used in the past, now that I'm older it seems to be just as effective an exfoliant as anything else I've ever used, plus it doesn't irritate or overdo it and cause crepiness like retinoids can. It does a good job at diminishing my pores. To be fair, some others haven't liked it and thought it was too drying for them. I'm not particularly oily, and in fact I'm a bit dry-skinned in winter -- my summer oiliness is as much from sunscreen as anything natural -- but I've never found it to be too drying. It's a great product for my skin!

I've never tried the Active Serum or Hydra Cool.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been trying the super serum and hydra cool in the morning and quite like them. At the same time I started using these I started with the RoC peel and my skin really has had the most incredible glow and clarity.

At first I did not think them sticky at all, but as time went on, I find they are quite sticky on application but it is gone in a minute or so.

I am waiting for my order of full size super serum and active serum to come. I did not order hydra cool yet as I was still not convinced on it (although I admit it has grown on me). I have one more sample bottle here I will use that over the active at night (I plan to use that 1 night in 3 only).

The next things I plan to add to my routine from IS Clinical are the eye gel and eye cream and cleanser (OK, well, cleanser is for hubby).

At some point I would like to try samples of the moisture complex, firming complex, pro-heal and poly vit.

My expectation (hope) from active is for pore reduction on the area of my cheek off to the side of the nose and also on the chin. And of course some stubborn blackheads on the nose. when I do a good balm cleanse or peel or microderm they are always gone, but then by the next night I have a few again. bah.
rage
5% products discount

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see much improvement too after using ISC for a month. I use super serum in the morning and active in the evening. In fact my face seems to have these small tiny little bumps and wrinkled like surface after using super serum. Once I stop the super serum, the bumps and roughness disapppeared. Am I allergic to the super serum? Crying or Very sad Now I only use active at night
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Wow. I guess ISC is a miracle line for just a few of us! Very Happy ISC is the best skincare I have ever used. And I've tried TONS of expensive lines.

I don't like HydraCool at all. Waaaay too sticky for me; instead I use Moisture Complex both day and night - just a dab. I also know that each time I buy a new bottle of any of the products (except Active, I think), the consistency is slightly different. My original jar of Moisture Complex was MUCH heavier than the newer jar I bought. The company says this is because the ingredients they buy may vary slightly by the season, so you'll need to be accepting of that from bottle to bottle. For instance, everyone talked about how 1-2 drops of Super could do their entire face. I couldn't believe it because mine just wouldn't move that far. Then I got a new bottle and the serum is much more slippery.

I use a facecloth, lightly, both morning and evening when washing and don't need any other exfoliation.

I do know that I tried combining some of my older products (to use up) with the ISC line and it just didn't work. My skin felt more rough. I seem to remember having the rough feel to my skin early on when I only used the Active and Super with some type of moisturizer. Like Katee said, I think this is one line that it's imperative to use their products.

Trust me, I'm not asking/telling anyone to use the complete line on blind faith, although I did. Rolling Eyes I started with Active/Super and saw enough of a difference that I started purchasing additional ISC products. If you don't see enough of a difference after 2-3 weeks, then maybe it's just not for you.

Lexy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the friming cream over the Active and it was way too much, I had peeling skin and it was rough/scaly. But I have very sensitive skin and rosacea. The customer rep at IS said firming was a "no,no" for skin types like mine. I do also occassionally get the little bumps and scaly/red patches on my cheeks, like baby excema, which is my rosacea flaring up from either a new product or too much exfoliation/scrubbing. If I back off the Active and the IS cleanser for a few days, go back to Cetaphil, it does calm down. Maybe the rough patches will flake off as your skin adjusts? It sounds like some skin types just don't do well with the line. I had so much skin damage from my youth growing up on a ranch and riding horses from sunup to sundown w/o sunscreen, that ANYTHING that helps is a huge plus.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
The active & firming is definitely something that you would try only if your skin isn't sensitive. Skinterra & other sites told me it was a definite no-no. I actually tried the combo by accident. I grabbed the firming jar instead of the moisturizing complex! The next morning I felt that it had boosted the effects of the active serum. Then again, I can use retin-a .05% (retinol I'll go straight to 1%) with no ill effects except for mild drying.

The firming complex by itself though, is only mildly exfoliating (not as strong as the active) & maybe your skin type can use this alone. Also I love the cleanser but I think someone with rosacea or dry skin may find it too much. I would opt for active products & use a milder cleanser instead or use the IS cleanser only in the mornig which is what I do.

I tried a sample of the poly-vit. serum & I found it wonderfully soothing & firming. That gave me the glow! But, Mabsy mentionned it made her skin feel hot so I would try a sample.I'm going to order it & use it under firming cream alternate nights with the active serum. Can't give up that firming cream.

I noticed a big difference after I went off IS for a couple of weeks at night-someone sent sent me loads of samples of some ULTRA expensive miracle cream (you think IS is expensive!!this stuff is a month's mortgage & then some). After 2 weeks my skin looked sluggish so I went back to active serum & I noticed better skin immediately. I also learned a valuable lesson about ultra expensive not translating into better skin.

Fortunately they were only samples.Won't stray again. Embarassed
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
rage wrote:
I don't see much improvement too after using ISC for a month. I use super serum in the morning and active in the evening. In fact my face seems to have these small tiny little bumps and wrinkled like surface after using super serum. Once I stop the super serum, the bumps and roughness disapppeared. Am I allergic to the super serum? Crying or Very sad Now I only use active at night

Can you tell us your skin type? Have you successfully used C serums before? Smile
Mabsy

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I tried a sample of the poly-vit. serum & I found it wonderfully soothing & firming. That gave me the glow! But, Mabsy mentionned it made her skin feel hot so I would try a sample.I'm going to order it & use it under firming cream alternate nights with the active serum. Can't give up that firming cream.

It certainly made my face all hot but it doesn't do that anymore - I think my skin got used to it. I'm not sure what would happen if I'd start using it again (my sample finished though). I do like it though - it's the ISC product I'm most likely to repurchase Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |