Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
why am i still hungry?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I recently started my "get in shape for the beach" diet. I'm eating 5 or 6 small meals a day because it keeps my metabolism up. What am I eating? Pretty decent-sized salads with a variety of vegetables. I'll either put in some tuna, chicken, or nuts for protein and a light dressing. To finish, I eat a piece of fruit. Throughout the day, I eat 2 or 3 slices of whole wheat bread - maybe in sandwich form or just on the side. And tons of water.

When I'm done eating, I feel satsfied. A really great positive about eating this way is that I'm not constantly thinking about food, and therefore, not craving a trip to Jim's Cheesesteaks!

I eat every 3 hours. The one problem I have is that my stomach is growling a half our too early. If I ate my first small meal at 8:00, I will eat my next small meal at 11:00, but I'm really hungry by 10:30!

Is there something I should be doing differently?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Yeah! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in "get beach ready" mode. Laughing I've been trying something similar, but sticking mainly to three meals with a few snacks in between. Are you also working out? I know that when I really start hitting the gym I'm ALWAYS starving. It makes it hard to not over eat. I do always make sure I'm getting enough calories for my activities though. I hope there are some others out there that are willing to give us some advice!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Try putting some fiber in your diet. It takes awhile to digest, thus making you feel fuller longer. Make sure the whole wheat bread you are eating actual is whole wheat, not enriched whole wheat. Look at the nutrition panel, you should have a few grams of fiber per serving. A good way to get fiber is to sprinkle a handful of Fiber One or All Bran into a container of yogurt, and have it as a snack.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I think your body is still trying to adjust the changes. Don't think about food and if you are really hungry eat something light. Stick to the diet and exercise regularly you'll have a beautiful "beach body" before summer is here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoyed reading the book "The South Beach Diet". It's SOOO informative even if you're reading it with no intent on going on the South Beach Diet. He explains why bread makes you hungrier after you eat it and what snacks to eat to curb off hunger. The thing about making sure the bread is whole wheat and not enriched is mentioned in the book as well. I did it for 2 weeks (phase 1) and like the results. Right now though I'm on my own modified diet of that (I gotta eat my yogurt). If you haven't read it, you'll definitely pick up some great knowledge from that book. I gotta say that with what he had me eating the first too weeks I wasn't really hungry all the time like I used to be!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think thats pretty normal. I feel that way half an hour before my main meals as well. A growling stomach is a good thing though. Don't feed those hunger pangs! Its actually your body using up your body's fat stores. I heard that on one of Oprah's diet shows with Bob Green.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Try drinking lots of water throughout the day...it might help keep you feeling full.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe try drinking some green tea as a "snack." Supposedly, it's an appetite suppressant, and it's a metabolism booster. I also agree with the fiber comment. Try adding some really hearty bread with whole grains (not whole wheat-- not the same thing) like Aunt Millie's Fiber For Life or Nine Grain. Also, how about dairy? If you're not lactose intolerant, yogurt is an excellent snack! It's what I eat when I get the a grumbly in my tumbly.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I hate water, but know it is important to drink. I like to take a lemon, and cut it in two, put both halves in a big cup (my cup actually holds 4 cups) and add some Equal. It's cheap, red-neck lemonade. I drink this all day, and when I run out, I just add 4 more cups of water. It fills me up so I'm not hungry. I think the lemon acts like a diuretic...cause I pee all day! (although it may be just from the 8 cups of water I'm drinking) Wink
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jamie,

I just started working with a nutritionist as I'm a triathlete and need to eat enough for fuel, but still want to lose 10 lbs!

Eating 5-6 mini-meals is ideal! Right now I'm on a ratio of 30-40% protein, 40-50% carbs and about 20% fat with a total of 1800-2000 calories and it's working great! I also get hungry about a half hour before and she said that's a good thing, shows that you're metabolism is working. You don't want to be starving, but a little tummy growl is ok.

She did say to consume at least 4 cups veggies and 2 pieces fruit a day along with healthy fats like olive oil, flax oil, peanut butter or walnuts. Carbs should be minimally processed like plain oatmeal, brown rice 100% ww pasta or bread. After your workout (at least an hour--though I do more because of events) you should have a higher glycemic carb--like fruit, and protein WITHIN 1 hour.

I hope this helps a bit. I'd be happy to send you one of my meal plans that breaks things down for the day if you're interested. Again, it's working great for me, but cals depend on your size/weight and activity level. Before I was eating only 1200-1500 cals and not losing weight. By adding more food, I'm losing. Go figure!
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Opps--just realized this was posted last year! Never mind!

Hope you had a good summer!
limniade
5% products discount

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Most recommendations I've seen have been that if you're hungry, eat some kind of protein. Cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, beef, nuts, whatever. The premise is that of the three (protein, carbs, fats), protein is the longest-digesting and also the most satisfying in the smallest amount.

You may also want to try eating something hot, instead of cold. I've read a few studies that hot food is more satisfying than cold food. I know that I'm constantly tummy-growling, yet eating salad after sandwich after protein shake, I find it isn't satisfying even if I'm not truly hungry afterward. So if you have a microwave and a Foreman, you could defrost and whip up a quick steak or chicken breast within about 7 minutes.
Syr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
DiverChick wrote:

I just started working with a nutritionist as I'm a triathlete and need to eat enough for fuel, but still want to lose 10 lbs!

Your diet looks good. I think you may just need something to slow your digestion.
I have read something once ago, but I wasnt interested because I have the opposite problem, my digestion is SLOW and I need to take digestive enzymes with every solid meal.

This is what google returned. I dont know this herb but maybe worth a try:
http://www.rain-tree.com/products/carqueja-powder.htm
Your nutritionist if is a homeopath too may know something about this and other herbs.

Hoodia I believe just make you have less apetite.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I was hungry all day today - Last week I started a "bootcamp" fitness class 3 times a week (starting at 6am!!!). I've been eating breakfast afterwards consisting of cereal and yogurt. Today, however, I only had some bread and cheese, and holy cow, was I hungry for the entire day! I didn't realize that since my body didn't get enough protein/glucose/etc. that it would throw off my entire day.

Hope I don't do that again!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |