Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
PSF Papaya Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I only got this on tuesday but my initial opinions are

1 - This stuff smells like JellyBeans!! (smells yummy)
2 - Doesn't dry out my skin
3 - Slight foam which is feels nice
4 - Not to be used to remove eye makeup (some ouch factor)

I'll update as I continue to use it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Please do update your opinion of this product as you use it - I am curious about it myself!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser, too. I bought it after trying a sample.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Still liking this cleanser....It cleans my skin so well without overdrying. I'm starting to notice fewer blemishes now too.

I am a bit worried though, I read on cosmeticscop.com that collidal silver can give the skin a grey appearance with prolonged use...I'm thinking that since this is a cleanser it all get washed off and won't sit on the skin...Am I right with this theory??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne,

I've heard that silver can change your colouring if ingested or if applied for a long period of time.

I can't imagine turning silver.... Rolling Eyes

I think there are websites with studies on this. By chance my husband had to look it up because my dog had ingested some silver compound (what a fiasco!).
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I used two samples of this and I really liked it too! it's one of the few foaming gels that doesnt dry my skin up. I've ordered myself two full size bottles.

I think if collidal silver is in a rinse-off formula it should be ok since it doesn't stay long enough to be absorbed? And it's in minute quantities anyway.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I believe a LOT of colloidal silver has to be ingested over time before there's any discoloration of the skin. We're talking a lot here. Colloidal silver was used for centuries as an antibiotic, up until the time penicillin was discovered. People still use it for various conditions and ailments. It's used orally and topically. And even if some skin discoloration develops, I've read that it's not a health risk. But I don't think any of you using this cleanser have to worry AT ALL about it being one of the ingredients.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for the probably very obvious question, but what does the PSF stand for? Do you have to order this cleanser online, or can I get it at a drugstore? Embarassed Sorry once again ...

I really need to find a cleanser for my skin, since I've been using good ol'e water (yes, I know what you all are thinking). But all other cleansers have dried out my skin. And after reading that, for many, this cleanser didn't, it seems like it would be worth a try! Thanks for the help!!!!

Marianna
christinab77
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried removing mineral makeup with this cleanser??

Does it get the skin totally clean without drying it out?

Thanks!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
PSF stands for Pure Skin Formulation. Great proucts, outstanding customer service. You can order from EDS : Pure Skin - PSF

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
christinab77 wrote:

Thanks!

I only use mineral makeup...This cleanser gets it all off Smile Nothing on the pad if I follow with toner.

Hope that helps

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
PSF stands for Pure Skin Formulation. Great proucts, outstanding customer service. You can order from EDS : Pure Skin - PSF

Thanks for clearing that up! I think I overlooked it when I was searching, sorry Embarassed .
christinab77
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
christinab77 wrote:

Thanks!

I only use mineral makeup...This cleanser gets it all off Smile Nothing on the pad if I follow with toner.

Hope that helps

Thanks!!! I think I'm gonna try this.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I also like this cleanser.
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the sample I used of this product.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Count me as another fan of this product! I love the smell, and the fact that it's so concentrated you don't have to use much. Like lianne, I'm noticing fewer blemishes, too...

Mary Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Works great as a brush cleanser too!! It gets my brushes nice and clean Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, that's a great idea to use it as a brush cleaner! Not to be stupid, but do you squirt it straight onto the brushes, or just fill a container with water and add the cleanser to that? If you don't mind, please share what you do...my makeup brushes really need a bath, and I'd like to try using the papaya gel!

Thanks!

Mary Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I grab a plastic cup, squirt a marble size amount in it, add 1.5-2 inches of water and swirl my brushes in it. For my foundation and blush brushes I will swirl and repeat. For eyeshadow/brow brushes I will use the same water, but for foundation/blush I will only use one brush per mixture (and I do repeat)

At the end I rinse the cup really well and will either use it or the sink to rinse the brushes til there's no more foam

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Lianne! I will definitely give this a try...

Mary Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone experienced purging with this cleanser? I used it last night and woke up with more blemishes. Sad
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I am going to try it Very Happy
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I've used the cleanser for 7 days now. From the very first time I liked it. Not much is needed and my skin seemed brighter afterwards. I would buy this again.

Yen - I haven't notice purging. How long have you been using?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
roadbee wrote:

Yen - I haven't notice purging. How long have you been using?

I'm very acne-prone. I used it a couple of times with the Acne Mud Treatment and everytime I would breakout. I just gave up. I'm going to use the rest of the cleanser on my back. It can tolerate more than my face.
Sad
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
sorry Yen, I hope with so many choices out there, you'll find a cleanser perfect for you!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |