Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jccl
5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I usually hate handcreams but i need to use them because I am always in aircondtioning - here in singapore, airconditioning is everwhere all year round- so my hands were starting to feel rough from the all-day dryness.

i usually use handcreams only at night, just before i switch off the lights because i hate that slippery and/or oily feeling on my hands.

i bought a small tube of Jurlique Lavender handcream at the airport for HK winter when i was there on a biz trip (10 degrees when i was there) and fell totally in love with it. it is a really light cream, slipped on like a silk glove with a lovely lavendar scent and was instantly absorbed. it felt like it had slipped discreetly under my skin but i know it's there coz i can smell it. it was so comfortable on my hands, i even used it during the day, and everytime i want a sniff of lavender to soothe me during the day, and it did not transfer at all when i touched my face in the course of the day.

definitely beats decleor's (sad to say coz i love all things decleor).

i've read somewhere that this is even better than l'occitane's famous lavender handcream.
asrai
5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I use this handcream too, and love it.

I carry a tube in my handbag and reapply during the day at work (I also have to put up with heavy air con), it absorbs quickly, smells lovely but it isn't overpowering.

The body gel in the matching lavender scent is very nice also. Smile
bic145
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
As I know the Jurlique also has rose hand cream. Anyone use that one before?
jccl
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:00 am      Reply with quote
my colleague got the rose one coz she liked the smell. i think they are both of the same texture. i chose lavender coz
a) i like lavender
b) sales assistant told me they use lavender essential oil for the lavender cream but the rose one uses an essence derived from soaking rose petals, not the essential oil. i dont know how that is different but i recognise essential oil not the later Smile

am sure both variation are as beautiful, just a matter of scent preference.
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
is this handcream better than the rose one?
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
amycc, I alternate between the rose and lavendar scents and have never noticed a difference in texture or performance, just scent.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Ah, but have you tried our very own Candy's Candessence Encore Handcream?

Seriously, it's one of the best I've ever used. Moisturises beautifully and sinks in without any nasty stickiness or greasiness.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Rose handcream from time to time and really like it. It sinks right in and has the nicest scent. However, I don't think that it is appropriate for seriously dry hands which mine often are so I tend to use other handcreams. I have tried the Lavender handcream and it irritated my skin which is not unusual since I cannot tolerate more than very small amounts of lavender.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
I use the Rose handcream from time to time and really like it. It sinks right in and has the nicest scent. However, I don't think that it is appropriate for seriously dry hands which mine often are so I tend to use other handcreams. I have tried the Lavender handcream and it irritated my skin which is not unusual since I cannot tolerate more than very small amounts of lavender.

I use the Lavender handcream and the rose body lotion before... I agreed with Theresa, Jurlique's product has nice scent and absorbs well. Yet, I found them not enough for seriously dry skin like I have. Moreover, I always find that the scent will change after opened for over 6 months. Does anyone have the same experience?
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
The best hand cream there is! Fast absorbing with a wonderful fragrance. I have a tube of rose at home and lavender at work. I love the smaller size that easily fit into my handbag. Can't do without.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
haven't yet found another hand cream that's any better with Julique's Lavender hand cream...
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
One of my fav hand creams & I have a very large collection of hand creams too! Very Happy But I the smell & the consistency of this one the most, I don't find it too thick or greasy, but very easily absorbed. I actually prefer this one more than the rose hand cream...even though I think the rose one is more popular.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
used both lavender and rose, and personally i prefer the lavender..smells divine
but it's only the second most moisturizing hand cream..there r days in the winter when this is not rich enough for the weather in canada
l'occitane's shea butter hand cream is THE MOST moisturizing, and it smells very nice too
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
My Jurlique rose hand cream did not change in scent although my daughter's did.

I think the hand cream might go a bit off if it is not used within a period of time.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
in fact my large tube has lasted for over 2 years. i only use a tiny-winy bit each time and it's still unfailing me, still creamy smooth and smells ever so gorgeous.

i keep mine in a cool cupboard perhaps that does the trick.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to check this out when I get my silk dust today.
Very Happy
shubingrt
5% products discount

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
love the smell... Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Drool I am drooling now....this sounds divine.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
the best handcream i ever tried is from Jurlique, but i don't like Lavendar, just use the Rose one, been using for years ... Laughing
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I recently got the rose cream from EDS and it has been FABULOUS!!!! I've also tried a bunch of hand creams (Eucerin, Nivea, Clarins, Philisophy to name a few) and this is the second one I really like (the other one is l'Occitane's). I love the scent when I apply it. The cream absorbs very quickly and has worked wonders for my ragged cuticles. It's less greasy than l'Occitane's and leaves a very faint rose smell, nothing overpowering. I get the feeling that it's one more product I'll soon be unable to live without.
shubingrt
5% products discount

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
what's the difference between the rose one and lavender one Rolling Eyes
leyel
5% products discount

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

Seriously, it's one of the best I've ever used. Moisturises beautifully and sinks in without any nasty stickiness or greasiness.

Where do I find this? Some recent home projects have taken their toll and I need a good cream to help restore some moisture.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
leyel, Have a look at candessence.com. You'll find a wealth of goodies ingeniously produced by our dear member Candy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
leyel wrote:
majorb wrote:

Where do I find this? Some recent home projects have taken their toll and I need a good cream to help restore some moisture.

As lifeisbeautiful has posted, the Encore's available from http://www.candessence.com - and wait until you smell the gorgeous scents! Very Happy
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
This is my favorite lotion ever. The consistency of the lotion is perfect- fluid and lightweight, yet moisturizes better than any cream I've ever tried.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |