Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
IS THERE A GOOD FACE FIRMING SERUM OUT THERE??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VANITY
5% products discount

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Hi, I'm new here but think this is a wonderful forum! Just want to ask if anybody knows of a really good face firming serum as I've lost a lot of weight very quickly and the lower part of my face has... caved in.Look forward to hearing from you!

Vanity
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Try Cellex-C.
VANITY
5% products discount

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Yen. I'll give it a go but must say it's very expensive!Plus there are loads of different ones for firming, so which one would you reccomend? And are you speaking from personal experience? And somebody has reccomended a firming serum in the JB range and wondered if anybody had tried that one??? ...So many questions to ask! Smile
Mabsy

Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Try something with DMAE in it. I don't know the specific products but if you search here for DMAE you should be able to find something Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vanity,

I recently lost 30 lbs. I don't have a ton of wrinkles, per se, but now my skin is really starting to sag. I have 40 more pounds to go, and I am very concerned that I am going to look much older than I am when I get to my goal.

Right now I am using JB products, which I am liking, but they are not much help for my sagging isssues, unfortunately. I have recently added Reviva DMAE Serum that I got at Whole foods, and am also eating well, taking supplements (including HA) and increasing my water intake. Nothing seems to be helping in any dramatic way.

How old are you, V? I am 42, and my age might be a factor. I've heard younger skin will rebound from weightloss better with time and attention.

As for me, I've decided *sigh* to consult for a high-quality facelift if my face looks bad after all of my weightloss -- it's a last resort, but after all of this work, I don't want to be rewarded with a face that looks 10 years older than I am!

In the mean time, I will continue to read the great reviews and suggetions on this board in the hope that something else will pop-up that stops the sag.

-- B
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
VANITY wrote:
Thanks, Yen. I'll give it a go but must say it's very expensive!Plus there are loads of different ones for firming, so which one would you reccomend? And are you speaking from personal experience? And somebody has reccomended a firming serum in the JB range and wondered if anybody had tried that one??? ...So many questions to ask! Smile

Yeah, I agree. Cellex-C is expensive. I only get them from the Shopping Channel. They come like 3 times a year to Shopping Channel (www.tsc.ca) and the stuff sells out everytime. It's so much cheaper to get it from there than anywhere else. Cellex-C did firm up my skin. My friend noticed the difference and she started using it too.
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm, Cellex-C *whips out shopping list*
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
All good stable vitamin C serums will help stimulate collagen synthesis and firm up your skin. Cellex-C is not particularly good (nor bad)though they do use water in their formulation which helps the C to "go bad" more quickly than non-water formulas. Check EDS shopping page for Vivier, Cellular Skin Rx, PSF, and Janson-Beckett brands. They are all good and stable.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
maybe if just firming is the issue you should look at one of those dermal toners (or whatevr they are aused) I honestly dont believe that topicals can help much with sagging, but at least the machines exercise the muscles and whip them into shape so it seems.

I sure have one on my shoppinglist!
VANITY
5% products discount

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great advice, ladies. And yes, a facial toner is a great idea and I do have the Slendertone Face device, which is quite good.... but cos I'm lazy and you have to keep doing it, I thought there might be a wonder cream out there that I didn't know about... Will look up all the creams suggested and then whip out my Slendertone Face and quit bitchin!Will report back when I look 15 years younger.... But if you know of a good face serum, don't be shy!

V
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I like Cellex-C Neck firming cream. It smells really nice and I have noticed firming at my jaw. It has not discolored (purchased in Dec. as compared to some others). My PSF 20%C purchased at the same time is also still clear. I also use DMAE products and add DMAE to creams. That is said to have a cummulative effect.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
sharky, what DMAE creams/serums do you use. I am looking for a good one. TIA!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a DMAE firming serum from Reviva Labs...so far, so good! Goes on easily and sinks in fast, no smell and my skin definitely looks firmer when I use it. And you can't beat the price...it was $19.00 at ULTA.

Hope this helps!

Mary Smile
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
A bunch of women discussing their success with Flexeffect. I personally have not used it.

Click here:

http://www.spectacularskin.com/forum/mix_entry.php?id=709
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
My favorite firming serums are: Dr Sebagh Serum Repair with hyaluronic acid and collagen, and Devita Optimal Rejuvenation with DMAE and alpha lipoic acid.
VANITY
5% products discount

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy This is great ladies! Keep 'em coming!I'm learning so much x
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I am 61 years old and worked in the skin care industry for several years I have used many products. Close to three years ago I stumbled across AlphaDermaCE and Mineral Prep. I can honestly say that these two products had the most dramatic results in firming my skin after losing 20 lbs. A close second up for me was Is Clinical Firming Complex. Pure Skin Formulations is another line I am extremely fond of. PSF I love for different reasons: I have had great results with their masks and moisturizing products. I have been most impressed with my dealing with PSF (which reminds me I need to place an order). When it comes down to firming AlphaDermaCE has done the most for me. I actually tried to stop using it and after a month I noticed the elasticity of my skin decreasing. IMO it is the combination of ingredients in AlphaDerma that targets sagging skin. I am not a hugh fan of Argireline as I don't battle but few wrinkles. Yet, I have found Argireline has had no negative effects on my skin. Several people have questioned Argireline making the face relax and cause more sagging. Not true.

Although I have not used many CellularSkinRX products...I have heard good things about this line.

My life has been so hectic. I miss EDS and hope to frequent it on a more regular basis.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
We miss you too Winnie wave
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Yes, a BIG wave to Winnie!! Come back to us!!
VANITY
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Now, this is really interesting re what Winnie says about JB Alpha Derma cos I'm using that along with the Skin Prep and have been doing for some months. However, although I feel it's great for other things, firming, in my opinion is not one of them , hence this thread. I actually did email JB asking if there was anythig else I could do to firm up a bit more but unfortunately they didn't respond.So, it just goes to show us , ladies, that certain products work for some and not others!Maybe it's something to do with skin type? Do you know, Winnie Very Happy

V
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I think that could have to do with age of the skn too.. what ball park is your age, Vanity?

As Winnie said, she is 61. I just turned 40 and I tried JB ADCE and skin prep about a year ago to address the initial signs of sagging around my jawline, but I did not find it to have any great benefit (did no harm, but no good either). Perhaps if I had more a problem I could have seen more results (if that makes sense)...
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I use TNS recovery Complex and this has helped to firm up my skin - I started seeing results in just 1 week, and it just keeps getting better. I tried Alpha Derma with prep, with no results. Like tiger_tim says, it must be an age thing - but I really wanted it to work. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
where can TNS be bought from?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
EDS has the TNS Recovery Complex. It is listed under SkinMedica.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
AH! Doh, I was looking for a brand "TNS" Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |