Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog Cleansing Milk
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd pass on a postive review of Karin Herzog's Cleansing Milk. This product was recommended to me by a most lovely and talented aestetician who I had to leave behind when I moved from Boston.

The cleanser comes in a dark bottle with a "squirt" sort of bottle top. It is, of course, milky but not watery. And I must say that the first time I used it, in the shower, I didn't really think anything of it until I looked in the mirror and my face was simply GLOWING. It truly looked different. I was stunned! After that, I greedily used the Cleansing Milk every day, at the expense of any kind of exfoliating product. The next time I had a facial she noticed right away that I hadn't been exfoliating, but understood when I told her how much I loved this cleanser!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Zazu, I am still on the search for a cleansing milk cleanser. Sounds like you've got amazing results with this one! What type of skin is it geared toward? does it contain exfoliating ingredients in it?
thanks
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I have combination/dry skin and it worked great for me. It does not have exfoliating agents... just a little milkshake for your face. Very gentle - to me at least. Because of that it is important, obviously, to use a separate exfoliator. I have pasted a link to an online zine called GoInside (where they have an extensive review of Karin Herzog products)... they are NOT professionals at all but it still provides good insight. Their article makes me want to rob the Karin Herzog bank! Here is a quote about the milk that I strongly agree with:

"This is the sort of cleanser I like! The Herzog Cleansing Milk is dreamy and suitable for all skin types. It looks like milk, it feels fresh as it oozes from your cottonball and it cleans your face with little effort."

I tried to insert a "dreamy" face in my message but my computer will only let me do it at the end of the text! So here goes..SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedWink

Another thing is that they report that ALL Karin Herzog products are cruelty free - not tested on animals and free of any animal extracts in their products.

The link below seems not to automatically connect you, but if you type it in to your browser it should work.

http://www.goinside.com/98/12/herzog.html
Myrna

Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh Zazu -- I thought you were true to Cetaphil. You know I fond of it and believe its all we need. I prefer to spend my $$ on the corrective and preventive products. However, I must confirm my love for Karin Herzog products. Although I'm not using the oxygen formula currently, I used it for many years with my cellex-c routine. I got amazing results, correcting pigment marks from the unfortunate "man of war" experience. On a visit to a New York high end skin care store, my "broth" created a buzz among the staff.

So the cleanser sounds fab. Zazu -- I don't use an exfoliant since I regularly have facials and an occcasional micorabrasiionderm treatment. But perhaps I should -- what do you recommend?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.

MGL

Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:49 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

Another thing is that they report that ALL Karin Herzog products are cruelty free - not tested on animals and free of any animal extracts in their products.

Zazu, you read my mind! I'll check out the link, thanks! BTW, where do you order this cleanser from?
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Zazu, just read the K.H. product reviews on GoInside. Very interesting. Surprised Now is the cleansing milk part of the oxygen line? does it contain high amts. of Hydrogen peroxide? I read that some products can lighten eyebrows and skin, and I don't want any type of lightening/whitening effect whatsoever. thanks for the awesome review. Wink
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Myrna - I should have known that you would bust me for using a non-Cetaphil product! I keep it simple with the Cetaphil most of the time but every now and then love a nice "milk." In fact, it was you who turned me on to the 'oxygen'line to begin with!

Re: exfoliators -- I am struggling with this one. I use Skinceuticals "Renew Overnight" a couple of times a week - an exfoliating cream that helps the serum be better absorbed. However, I really don't want to be too rough on my skin - what with the vit-c and the renew overnight. I think I need to get a gentle exfoliator that I can use once or twice a week. Will let you know if I decide on anything - and if anyone out there has suggestions, that would be great!

Thoughtcrime - I don't have a bottle of the Karin Herzog Cleansing Milk right now and haven't used it in a little bit so don't 100% remember if it has the 'oxygen' thing going on. I think it has some magical element because it did make my skin truly glow, unlike any cleansing milk I have ever used. I do know that it is different from the creams - which do work on reducing pigment and doing some lightening. I washed my face with it in the shower and got it all over my eyebrows and probably my hairline and didn't experience any discoloration at all. I think it's just a really high quality milk.
Very Happy
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I hope EDS sell Karin Herzog full line.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I know oxygen product can make your complexion better or a glowing effect. So i want to try it. However, KH is rather expensive and difficult to purchase in HK.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
can somebody tell me whether PSF oxygen rescue serum is better or this KH oxygen cream to even and brighten the skin tone????
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |