Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: RoC Peel-Ex Radiance
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Background: Was not really "into" peels. Had used the Principal Secret enzyme mask and found it OK but was not fussed on the PSF pumpkin one... all that changed a week before my 40th birthday. As one does when facing a birthday "challenge", one shops.. and on the spur of the moment I bought RoC Peel-Ex Radiance (sample tube of Retin-OX night cream packaged with it also helped Laughing )

Price: Here in Japan I paid 4,000 yen (about $34), but in the UK the RRP is 20 pound (which, amazingly is same price as Japan). I dont even know if this is available in US yet.

Usage: The Canadian RoC site said: normal-oily skin 3 times a week, sensitive no more than twice. The Japanse instructions specified to leave two days between treatment (3 days for sensitive), so that is how I have used it for the last month; 2 days between each use.

Instructions: without massaging apply thin layer over well-cleaned face. 5-10 mins.
rinse thoroughly with warm water using a small towel or sponge and gently massage your face to remove the peel completely

Spiel: uses ACTIZYME - natural extract and gentle micro-particles to accelerate
the natural exfoliation process.
Peel-EX Radiance reveals smoother, brighter, fresher and more evenly-
toned skin by capturing and intensifying the removal of dead cells. Enzymes called proteases slough off the cells. Activated by an acidic PH, protases allow for dead skin cell elimination.

ACTIZYME contains a mushroom extract that works with the skin's PH to mimic the process of natural exfoliation, to get rid of old cells and allow for consistant skin thickness. Your skin will look young, fresh and radiant.

After use: complete treatment with a nourishing moisturizer. Avoid creams with retinol, AHA's immediately after using. This is essential ifyou want to obtain maximum results.

MY COMMENTS:

value-for-money: I have used it faithfully every 3rd night for a month on my face AND neck and I proabably have 1 or 2 treatments left in the tube. That is excellent value IMO.

Texture, etc.: The fragrance of this ("signature" fragrance of the RoC gold/blue line.. Retin-OX has the same one) was odd at first, but it has really grown on me. It is quite pleasant and unique. It is a thick, milky-gel like substance and it does not dry hard or uncomfortably. It washes off easily.

Sensivity: I found that I kept a timer on hand set at 8mins and once the peel was fully applied (which I timed and took about 2 mins) I set off the timer to count down. This is not something I would want to leave on too long, but I never had any problem or even uncomfortable tingling. Once or twice I had a slight redness (like a mild sunburn) on a small area of cheek area under the eye and near the nose, but it was gone in an hour or two. Don't know why it happened as I dont think I left it on any longer than usual and it only happened 2 out of 10 or so uses.

To protect my eye area I found putting on an eye mask first, helped make sure no stray peel got on that delicate skin.

My follow-up: I followed this treatment with my L'Occitane Immortelle dry oil (heaven) and my skin loved it. I see now that in the UK RoC have brought out an after-peel cream and sell as a duo even. I would be tempted to by the duo on ebay just out of curiosity, but for me, I aim to try the Remergent refoliator & barrier repair treatment as a follow-up in the near future.

Results: My skin has GLOWED the last month, it seems radiant, healthy and has real clarity. Of course I dont have perfect Kylie Minogue-type skin, but it sure has helped put me close. If I haev had a blemish come up, it disappears fast and without "fuss", there has been minimal flaking and I have NOT ONCE needed to do any other kind of exfoliation (manual or microdermabrasion) since I started using it - yet my skin is as soft (if not softer!!) as when I did microderm treatments on the same regularity. I also feel this is gentler on my skin.
In this case, RoC certainly do live up to their promise (as their bi-line says) of "Your skin will look young, fresh and radiant."

I am happy to give this product a 4.9 out of 5

Will I repurchase? Does the sun rise in the East? Laughing
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
And the must-buys keeps coming. Embarassed

Great review!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
When I can finish deciphering the ingredients list (all in Japanese) I shall post it.. then again, I found someone on Ebay from whom I can get the peel and after-peel cream duo for the same price as the peel in Japan (including shipping). Might get that so I can see the list in good-ole English Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Well this will be new-something I can get from my local drugstore.... Very Happy
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed review, it sounds like another must buy. I still have more than half jar of the Epidermx and I am itching to try this. How does it compare to Epidermx by the way? Would it be possible to give me a little feedback, Tiger_tim? Thanks
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I find thta it leaves my skin as smooth as the epidermx, but never uncomfortable. With Epidermx for an hour or so after my neck and cheeks would be a bit red and "tender" I guess is the best way to put it. Don't get me wrong, I did like Epidermx a lot and I used it for about 18 months, but I just find I am getting as good results with this.

Plus it is done quicker and with less effort and mess. Laughing Somehow that has kept me on the straight and narrow faithfully using it every 3rd night. I mean you just put a layer on the face (no massaging), go off and do something for 8 mins and then come back and rinse off.

I have been thinking of bringing in some kind of manual exfoliant/microdermabrasion on every 3rd treatment night just for variation though. At the moment I have no epidermx though as the last jar went off Laughing

For me, the true test will come in summer, as in past years I found the mix of Epidermx and their cleansing bars kept me breakout free (which is hard to do in the polluted and super-steamy Tokyo summer)
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Uh-oh, Roc is readily available at the drugstores here. "Your skin will look young, fresh and radiant." - how can I resist? Laughing

Thanks for the very informative review.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim - I agree with you regarding Epidermx, when I started using it, I thought what was the big deal about this product because I was already getting similar balling effect from a reputable Korean brand "Emprani" but with a lot less hassle. With Epidermx, my arms were getting tired by the time I finished my forehead. Where as Emprani is way easier all it needs is to lightly massages it around your face and you see the same result as Epidermx and it only takes a min or two. But of coz I dont know whats in it since I dont read Korean and I didnt keep the box...darn! I am very into the fact that ROC do not even need to massage... off to Walgreen tonight.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I would update this with a full ingredients list.

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, Glycerin, Poly-ethylene, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pentylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Methyl Gluceth-20, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Mucor Miehei, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Calcium Chloride, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxy-ethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wish this would hurry and make it to the stores in the states. I can't wait to try it!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is odd that something is released in Japan before the USA. I know UK has it on sale and it is listed on the RoC Canada site, so it must be available there too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, you evil girl! after being away from the internet for almost a month, i see your review.... so on my very first market journey back in paris, had to buy the duo pack. you're a very bad influence!!! Bad Grin
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey, welcome back!! Glad to have you back on board.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I wish this would hurry and make it to the stores in the states. I can't wait to try it!

I think that it may be available in the US. Ckeck the link below to drugstore.com.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=142236&catid=76143&trx=PLST-0-SEARCH&trxp1=76143&trxp2=142236&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH

It looks like the same product but is called Resurfacing Facial Peel and some of the inactive ingredients are slightly different.

Is this the same product with a different name?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Yup, that is the same thing... same ingredients, just a different order (wonder if the percentage of some is different - would explain the difference in name I guess).

but WOW the price is AWESOME. I have to find a US source for this in future. The post cream sounds nice too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaL, but I guess I should have said that I can't until they sell it in stores in the states, not just online. I'll only pick something like this up if it's readily available at my local Walgreens or CVS. Hopefully it will be arriving soon!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I see it was a finalist in the CEW beauty awards 2006 for peel & mask under $25 (lost out to the Olay one)

http://events.cew.org/viewbook/facial-skincare/peel-mask-lo/

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Yes it is odd that something is released in Japan before the USA. I know UK has it on sale and it is listed on the RoC Canada site, so it must be available there too.

It is available here in Canada and I've got the receipt to prove it. Laughing

I've tried it twice already and it's certainly living up to tiger_tim's rave review. I've got sensitive skin but have had no problems using this. Right afterwards and the morning after, my skin is smooth and glowing.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
guess i'll third this.

i've only used this once, but it was quick and painless. the results, fairly stunning for what you do. skin was smooth and glowy and for once all the flakies have disappeared. (with manual exfoliation, i usually get new flakies to replace the ones i've gotten rid of.) i used the post cream after and kept it on for about half an hour then washed my face and put on my usual stuff (did this as i'm wary of any new cream breaking me out). the best proof of all was that i woke up with skin still smooth, firm, glowing, and, most importantly, no new break-outs (if anything, a lessening of those i had) -- another problem that i usually have the morning after serious exfoliation. my Active Serum seemed to work doubly well and all in all i'm a happy camper. so break-out prone gals, take heart!

tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Stardust - Where did you buy it in Canada? Thanks.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
tidieu - I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart during their points event, but London Drugs might have it as well. It's not exactly the same as the drugstore.com item because it's only the mask, not the duo pack. And it's not as good a deal here - C$45 Crying or Very sad Still I'll re-purchase if it keeps working for me. Smile
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
US: CVS has it for $24.99, Duo pack.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
US: CVS has it for $24.99, Duo pack.

Yeah! I'm getting this as soon as I get back from my trip. Thanks for letting us know!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |