Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Recommendation for a good concealer brush.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Any recommendations for a good concealer brush?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale, MAC...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Are those brushes expensive? What is a good price for a concealer brush?
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the concealer brush that came w/ my Lauren Hutton Good Stuff face compact and brush kit.

You can buy it individually online at http://www.laurenhutton.com/order-singlebrush.html
(it's the "spotter brush").

It costs $14 + S&H. It's perfect for dabbing concealer over blemishes.

Sephora has brushes, similarly priced, which might be easier if there's a Sephora near you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
In general, Bare Escentuals brushes, for me, are scratchy and the Flawless sheds, but the BE concealer brush (Taklon) is a total winner!! I think I purchased mine new on eBay for as much as a drugstore brush would have cost.
joya

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Loreal's is awesome Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I love my Bobbi Brown concealer brush.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yen,

I live in Canada ... and tend to be on the "frugal" side [okay ... so for "frugal" read "cheap". Laughing ]

When I was looking for a good taklon concealer brush, I went to my closest Michael's store ... and went into their art department. There they have every size and description of brush you could imagine. I got two taklon brushes [one 3/4" and the other 1/4" wide] for $4.00 each.

Yes the handles are longer on an art brush ... but I rather like the longer handle. The quality is excellent ... and the taklon bristles are softly firm. There were dozens of taklon styles from which to choose ... and they were cheaper than any of the cosmetic taklon brushes I'd looked at previously. However, taklon is taklon is taklon ... and the taklon cosmetic brush is undoubtedly just a variation on the art taklon brush since the latter has been around forever.

I do the same thing with my powder brushes. I have a blush brush ... the best one I've tried ... and it's an art "mop" brush. I could have chosen from a variety of natural hairs for the mop ... the one I liked the best was goat. It is a XXL mop ... and it cost me $8
[on sale from $17].

Because in the art section one has an infinitely larger selection of styles and sizes ... as well as bristle types ... than any selection of cosmetic brushes, I always check out the art brush section first.

Just a suggestion ...

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt,

You've made some very interesting suggestions. I never thought of using art brushes before. I was actually using a lip brush as a concealer brush. It's been a couple of weeks and that brush is wearing down. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and got a Quo concealer brush for $12. We'll see how it goes. But I'll keep in mind about those art brushes.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Quo concealer brush but I do have their eyeshadow crease brush, blush brush and powder brush. I'm so picky about my brushes and LOVE all the Quo I have. So soft and such a deal! Much softer than the much more expensive BE brushes.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I haven't tried the Quo concealer brush but I do have their eyeshadow crease brush, blush brush and powder brush. I'm so picky about my brushes and LOVE all the Quo I have. So soft and such a deal! Much softer than the much more expensive BE brushes.

I'll provide a review on the Quo concealer brush in the next couple of days. Did you clean the brushes prior to use? It's the first brush that I ever got that came with those instructions.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:

I'll provide a review on the Quo concealer brush in the next couple of days. Did you clean the brushes prior to use? It's the first brush that I ever got that came with those instructions.

Yes, I wash them in mild foaming facial cleanser and lay flat to dry.

The Quo blush brush I have had for over 5 years, I just replaced my powder brush after it started loosing hair after at least 5 years, I wasn't washing it properly though. The blush brush has always been washed properly and it is still in great shape, doesn't poke my skin, is nice and firm and doesn't loose hairs at all.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has a great concealer brush as well, hths.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Gina wrote:
Laura Mercier has a great concealer brush as well, hths.

I second this - I've been using it for a few years now. The MAC one is also good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is the Paula Dorf Camouflage brush. The size is in between a regular concealer brush and a full size foundation brush so it is just the right size either for under eyes or blemishes. No more scrawny concealer brushes for me!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:

I got the Quo concealer brush many many years ago when Shoppers first came out w/ the line. Liked it so much I bought another one as a spare. I find the size just perfect for covering up the blemishes and acne scars. I've got other Quo brushes and I agree with Lolli about the quality. I use the Quos more often than my more expensive brands. Very Happy
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
i'm going to second the poster who go to art supply shops Smile

i have an angle eyeliner brush, talkon and perfect, it cost me $5, and it's better than any of my other brushes (stila, sephora).

seriously, if you're not sure, bring your makeup brushes with you and compare, you might be surprised.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
The Quo brush turned out to be pretty good. It was definitely better than my old brush. It gave me more precision with the concealer application than I expected. Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
Lolli wrote:

I got the Quo concealer brush many many years ago when Shoppers first came out w/ the line. Liked it so much I bought another one as a spare. I find the size just perfect for covering up the blemishes and acne scars. I've got other Quo brushes and I agree with Lolli about the quality. I use the Quos more often than my more expensive brands. Very Happy

Me too, Stardust, I don't use my Jane Iredale handi much for some reason. It's very dense and I like a subtle effect. It is soft though, such a great brush.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm quite fond of my Laura Mercier concealer brush.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |