Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I got to try this recently for about a week and a half of continual daily use so I thought I'd share my thoughts on this before it slips my mind Rolling Eyes

The Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer comes as a can that contains 35 individual little pouches of product, each with an attached foam disc. You squeeze the little pouch and the product is transferred up to the foam disc. Then, and after washing your face first, you simply massage the foam disc over your face. Once you're done, you leave it on and apply your usual serums/moisturisers. It doesn't sting and the application doesn't feel uncomfortable, although sometimes if you do it too quickly (or perhaps too long - it could happen more as the foam dries up a bit) the foam disc can bend back momentarily exposing the plastic pouch that it is connected to underneath. This doesn't hurt but I found it annoying, though I also found that if I massaged in slow movements this never did actually happen.... Anyways...

I think this did actually provide some brightening to my face immediately after, as most good exfoliation would. It also made my face pretty smooth. The product does contain hydroxy acids (though I have not been able to find an exact list of ingredients) but logically also has additional exfoliation "oomph" due to the foam disc. One thing I really liked about the "general" list of ingredients is that it contains green tea extract and also rooibos extract (both great antioxidants, but rooibos more so) and since this is a leave-on product, you get the benefit of those overnight.

So is it good then? Yes it is - I think it's a very good exfoliant. But, it's also quite expensive for what it is. I would buy this ONLY for use while traveling - I think it'd be super convenient actually - otherwise I think it's too expensive for me to justify. If I had an unlimited amount of money.... now that would be a different story Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy I'm absolutely gonna KILL you!!! Since I'm all happy with my IS Clinical stuff I've been a pretty good girl, except for the fact that I love trying different eye stuff! But I loveeeeee masks and little quick fixes and if you keep doing these reviews all my good behavior is going to go straight down the drain!

wandering off to reread the Replenix review and the one about the Juvena mask and and and ......
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. This sounds like an intriguing concept - but not for me. The alphahydroxys are a big no-no. And you don't wash afterwards? I don't know, somehow I'm envisioning dead skin cells being loosened with the foam disc and then left there all night. Shock
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Don't we all love to read Mabsy's reviews and want to kill her at the same time? I have to check my sample box and write down the one I don't have.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
katee - Laughing Sorry, stick with what works for you dear! Though I guess I should take some of my own advice.... Rolling Eyes

Stardust - I am not sure if this has AHAs in it though I assume it would. It just said "hydroxy acids" and didn't specify which ones or in what concentration. I use AHA/BHA serums a fair bit and these sit on my skin overnight so I am not particularly worried about not washing off the Daily Resurfacer. I just think of it as another way of applying a serum but with a little more "manual help" Smile

MACrisis - I'm just doing what I love, i.e. trying new stuff Very Happy My credit card's bank should be sending out thank you cards to many of the members here as well, since I am so weak everytime I head over to the product reviews section Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Ooh this is one of the few Dermalogica ones I havent tried yet! You have got me all interested in trying them too... hmm.... how much are they here in Aust? ( or did you get from EDS? That might be cheaper!)
I always have Dermalogica in the cupboard and go back to it in between anything else I use for some reason.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Muzzie - this retails at about Au$110 in Australia. It's around Au$85 @EDS (minus EDS forum discount).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Thats a good discount! I can see myself doing it very soooooooooon....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I got to try this recently for about a week and a half of continual daily use so I thought I'd share my thoughts on this before it slips my mind Rolling Eyes

The Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer comes as a can that contains 35 individual little pouches of product, each with an attached foam disc. You squeeze the little pouch and the product is transferred up to the foam disc. Then, and after washing your face first, you simply massage the foam disc over your face. Once you're done, you leave it on and apply your usual serums/moisturisers. It doesn't sting and the application doesn't feel uncomfortable, although sometimes if you do it too quickly (or perhaps too long - it could happen more as the foam dries up a bit) the foam disc can bend back momentarily exposing the plastic pouch that it is connected to underneath. This doesn't hurt but I found it annoying, though I also found that if I massaged in slow movements this never did actually happen.... Anyways...

I think this did actually provide some brightening to my face immediately after, as most good exfoliation would. It also made my face pretty smooth. The product does contain hydroxy acids (though I have not been able to find an exact list of ingredients) but logically also has additional exfoliation "oomph" due to the foam disc. One thing I really liked about the "general" list of ingredients is that it contains green tea extract and also rooibos extract (both great antioxidants, but rooibos more so) and since this is a leave-on product, you get the benefit of those overnight.

So is it good then? Yes it is - I think it's a very good exfoliant. But, it's also quite expensive for what it is. I would buy this ONLY for use while traveling - I think it'd be super convenient actually - otherwise I think it's too expensive for me to justify. If I had an unlimited amount of money.... now that would be a different story Smile

I am quite surprised you liked this! I remember you stating before that you wanted to try and and I also remember thinking at the time I hoped you just get a sample, because I really didn't think you'd like it.

I generally like all Dermalogica products, but this one was useless for me. I bought a full size container when it first came out a year or so ago. It was like putting plain water on my face. I expected some degree of exfoliation and brightening and got zilch. I too was lured in by the green tea and rooibos extract, but just that was not enough to make me want to re-purchase or even finish the tub. I have to admit the container was cute and so were the little one dose packets.

I have always been pretty avid about exfoliation and seem to have tough skin, so maybe this product was simply too gentle for my needs. I suspect this would be great for those who have sensitive skin.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried this product for 4 days and was NOT impressed. I love Dermalogica overall, but for $65 I guess I expected more from this. I'll stick to the Daily Microfoliant!!!

Lori

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 & mom2tommax - So you didn't get any results with this? I agree that it's not fantastic but for travel it'd be great for me! I don't want to travel with a big bottle of Microfoliant and I certainly don't want to travel with some Microfoliant just in a plastic zip bag (wonder what customs would say Laughing).

You're probably right about this being good for sensitive skin as well, more so than people with tougher skins that have used much AHA in the past. Still, I consider my skin to be pretty tough and I have used AHAs for ages, and I still do see results with this (I figured it might have been due to the sponge actually). Though not the kind of results that would make me buy this and use it on a regular basis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
phredd4 & mom2tommax - So you didn't get any results with this?

Honestly, no results good or bad. It just did nothing for me. I was so disappointed because it's the first Dermalogica product that was truly worthless for me.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I agree with phredd4. No results: good or bad! I kept thinking maybe it would take a few days to see it. But on day 4 my skin looked the same as it did on day 1.

As for traveling with the Microfoliant. I bought a travel size bottle (.27oz or something) for something like $9, and refill it from my larger bottle when I travel.

Lori

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
As for traveling with the Microfoliant. I bought a travel size bottle (.27oz or something) for something like $9, and refill it from my larger bottle when I travel.

You can buy travel-sized Microfoliant?! Do tell! I don't think I have seen one before... I'll have to check out the shops next w/e.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |