Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My LipInflation & BeautiFULL lips mini-experiment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
OMG - I don't ever want to take a close up of my skin again! Anyway....

A little while ago Carrie surprised me by sending me some Sally Hansen Lip Inflation. Last week Janson Beckett surprised me by sending me their BeautiFULL lips lip plumper. Apart from these (which I tried yesterday and today) the only lip plumper I have ever tried was one by Skin Doctors. I used it once (maybe twice) and binned it - it stung like hell! That experience made me lay off lip plumpers, not to mention the fact that I simply do not feel that I need them. Nevertheless, I thought I'd play around with these and see what would happen. Below you see a photo of two "experiments" in the top row is the "before picture"; on the bottom LHS is the "after" picture with BeautiFULL lips and on the bottom RHS is the "after" picture with LipInflation. I do assure you that my lips are actually more pigmented than this but this is what happens when you take a photo (with flash) about 4cm away from your skin. The "afters" were taken 5 minutes after application - sorry the photo is so small...

Ok, so about these lip plumpers. I actually had a plumping effect with both of them, although I am not too sure if that comes across that well on the photos. It wasn't anything massive, but it was noticeable because my lips felt different.

Here's a very rough comparison:

PACKAGING:
SH: liquid lip gloss in a lip gloss tube with a brush applicator.
JB: cream texture in a Stila-like applicator (the cllicky pen but with a felt applicator rather than a brush)

FINISH/TEXTURE:
SH: I feel this is more of a stand alone lip gloss that happens to plump lips - it gives a glossy finish
JB: This seems to be more of a treatment that should be used under lip gloss or lippie - no glossy finish but lips feel very smooth for some reason.

SENSATION:
SH: strong tingly feeling which lasts for a loooong time. I love tingly lipbalms but this took it to the limit - it was actually distracting in the end.... I never thought I'd say that about something that made my lips tingly! No pain or burning though.
JB: minty feeling, a some tingling but not very strong - the feeling goes away pretty quickly so you don't feel you've got anything on your lips (though you can feel it if you run your lips together becasue they're smoother than normal).

EFFECT:
SH: glossy, some plumping, not much change in lip color
JB: matte, smooth lips, more plumping (particularly on lower lip for some reason), brought out more colour in the lips than SH

My disclaimer here is that I am not a lip plumper pro and don't have anything else to compare these to. Also, I have used these only once so I cannot comment on long term effect of these, whether they dry out the lips etc I'm sure that there would be many who have tried Lip Inflation (sorry, I don't keep up with the lip plumping posts Embarassed ) and they would be able to comment on this. I gather there are also quite a few people who took up the JB lip plumper offer so they should be getting to try the JB shortly as well.

Oh btw, I no longer have the packaging from the LipInflation, but here's the JB ingredients for those who are interested:

Quote:
water, sunflower oil, xylitol, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl glucosite, grapeseed oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, caprylic acid, glycine, argireline, sepilift (dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline), tocopherol, xanthan gum, peppermint oil, potassium sorbate, methyl nicitate

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy~ Your lips a pretty incredible...I mean, seriously....Holy Crap. Though the photos weren't that big...I couldn't tell a difference in any of them besides gloss.

Just keep taking care of those babies w/ sunscreen, exfoliation and no smoking and you'll stay the lip-envy of many.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
yup, if I had lips like those I would never bother with lip plumper either. wha a pretty pink coloring too... green with envy luvvie, green, green, green! Laughing
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Are you kidding me?? Those are your real lips? I'd think I died and went to beautiful lips heaven. I must have been at the back of the line when God ran out of those. Laughing Laughing

OK admit it, how many of you are even more depressed about the whole lip plumpers just don't work thing? Believe me, I've tried em all!

Oh well, back to my collagen obsession, should I or shouldn't I????? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I would be one of the people who took JB up on their offer. Although I haven't recieved the product yet, I think it'll be fun to see if my lips do 'plump'. Like Mabsy, I haven't really thought to use lip plumpers, I don't think I need them Rolling Eyes . So using JB will be my first time with them. With the pic's Mabsy provided, I'm starting to feel pretty excited to be able to see what it does to my lips Very Happy Just a little bit of insight on my thoughts, I guess!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mad I'm totally jealous of your lips Mad
I took Ian up on his free offer, and I can't wait to get the product!!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
No wonder you're not interested in plumping Mabsy - you have gorgeous lips! Pity those of us who are less endowed. By the way, I really don't see a difference, but after just one application I wouldn't expect to. Can you keep us posted on the JB plumper Mabsy?

Anya
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you! I don't think I need lip plumper but I also didn't think that my lips were something worth mentioning. You just made me feel a whole lot better Very Happy Cool

For those of you who said you couldn't tell the difference, here is a bigger version of that photo collage (sorry, I noticed that I do need a lip wax Embarassed Laughing ). I don't know if you can see it in that version either - sorry I have no idea how else to measure lip size....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
OK, with the JB "after" I can see some increase in color and maybe a little plump on the bottom lip.

I must take a snap of my own lips to see how they look close up!
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I must take a snap of my own lips to see how they look close up!

I found it quite scary - I never realised how many fine little hairs were on my face and how many lines my lips had until I took a macro-photo (with a 5MP camera) and had a good look Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine! I put it on just the right half of my lips about 8 minutes ago. I feel like the side with the plumper looks a little redder and a bit puffier. Not that the circumference/thickness of my lips looks bigger, but it puffs forward/outward a tiny bit. Does that make sense? It's kind of hard to tell because I was wearing a lip stain earlier in the day, but I just wanted to try it. Smile It was really minty at first but now it's almost gone. I'll try it again on a day I don't wear anything on my lips, and if I can figure it out I'll post some pictures too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry-I just don't really see any difference in the pictures. I think you were just blessed with a great kisser, and lucky enough to not actually need lip plumper! Very Happy

Again, back to my collagen obsession, although I'd probably never do it after seeing movie stars with the giant scary lips they end up with. Shock

Mabsy-maybe post again after a few weeks of use, so we can see if there is any significant difference. If there is, I may just have to try one more plumper!! Brick wall

5% products discount

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
where can we order this 'beautiful lips?'
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy- gorgeous lips! Not only fullness but your are blessed with that dip in the upper lip (is there a term for that?...)

I also ordered the JB lip stuff on a whim. Curiousity always gets the better of me (if the price isn't too high Laughing ).

(BTW, Bongo's_mom, BeautiFULL Lips is not actually on the market yet- JB offered a batch to EDS members if you wanted to just pay for S & H. But it looks like the limited supply was used up already Sad ).

I like the idea that the JB isn't that glossy. The SH seems so sticky to me and if I am wearing my hair down I always get hairs stuck to my lips. Maybe with the JB since it is not as noticable that you have it on I will wear it more and thus get a better idea of its plumping effect.

For the record, the SH did produce a moderate plumping effect. Unfortunately, I did not document it. Maybe this time with the JB, I will. Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!

As one with very thin lips, I know I will never have anything close to Jennifer Garner or Angelina Jolie lips (unless I spring for some collagen lips which I wouldn't b/c there are other things I would personally want before those). But at least I can "play" around with plumpers and dream on... Wink

BTW, have really full lips always been "in"? Or is it a recent obsession the last few years?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis - Yes, there is a term for Mabsy's dip in her upper lip, it's called a Cupid's Bow, and I have envied my best friend's "bow" for 30 years! She also has gorgeous lips.

I think we should pen a new term - Mabsy Lips - when we are discussing the lip-look we are aspiring to! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
Amnis - Yes, there is a term for Mabsy's dip in her upper lip, it's called a Cupid's Bow, and I have envied my best friend's "bow" for 30 years! She also has gorgeous lips.

I think we should pen a new term - Mabsy Lips - when we are discussing the lip-look we are aspiring to! Laughing

yes, cupid's bow- that's what I have heard that dip referred to as. thank you.

"Mabsy Lips" - right on. Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I recevied my JB lip plumper today!!!! I can't wait to try it!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
The people who have recieved the JB product in the States, who delivered? USPS, UPS, FedEx? Just wondering if it'll be placed in my mailbox, or if I'm going to have to be home or expecting a package somewhere on my front porch. Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Laughing Oh, this must be my "feel good" thread of the month! I love this forum! Thank you for all the compliments.

Btw, I have not heard from JB to say that the offer is over. I will follow up on this, though I am assuming that they would have had 100 requests by this time.

ps. Stay tuned for an offer of a free trial sized (1oz) stretch mark product - I'm finalising details of this but must follow up on international postage first. I'm not familiar with the company but I thought some EDSers might be interested in this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Agreed, sportygirl! "Mabsy Lips" is a great term for the look we're all aspiring to! I confess I thought the same thing as other posters..."Why is she using a plumper? Her lips are perfect!!" Laughing

Mary Smile
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
So I got the BeautiFULL product today (by UPS). Since I was rushing out the door, I hurriedly put some on and left. It smelled minty, but not strong at all. It had a very small tingling sensation as well. So I got home about 2 hrs after applying it. So I thought, lets reapply. This time, I took before and after pics Very Happy . However, when I reapplied it for the second time, the minty smell was less noticable and my lips stung much more. It started to worry me but I decided to just suck it up. The burning/ stinging went away in about 10 min.

So anyways, can anyone school me really quickly on how to post pics? Do I need to have them on photobucket in order to post them???
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
So anyways, can anyone school me really quickly on how to post pics? Do I need to have them on photobucket in order to post them???

Yes, they need to be hosted somewhere, e.g. Photobucket. Then just take the direct URL/link to them and surround it in the image (IMG) tags that you see in the editing panel when you are writing a post. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Here it goes. Sorry that the pic's are a bit fuzzy. The lips can still be seen though. If I figure out the camera anytime soon, I'll take better pictures Very Happy

Before

After (10-13 min)
Mabsy

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
girldelvov - nice lips! Are you wearing any lip gloss in the second shot? I like that pinky shade Smile

Btw, I think I see more plumping on your top lip than on your bottom lip - the exact reverse of what I saw with mine Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
girldelvov - nice lips! Are you wearing any lip gloss in the second shot? I like that pinky shade Smile

Btw, I think I see more plumping on your top lip than on your bottom lip - the exact reverse of what I saw with mine Smile

Nope, no lip gloss. Just the BeautiFULL lips product. It seemed more like a gloss for me instead of how you said that it instantly absorbed into the lips. Or maybe I just applied too much Embarassed (probably what happened). Anyways, I'll try it again today at some point. But if you look at the second picture, you can notice that the area between my top lip and nose is all red. It seemed like the smell of the product or something irritated that. It went away in 10 min. though. Yeah, I guess that the pink shade is what I got from the plumper.

Marianna
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |