Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Dermalogica Pre-cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Love It! As I have combination, acne-prone (t-zone, hormonal) skin, I was skeptical upon reading it's oil-based ingredients. I thought I'd be one, big, enflamed zit. Not-so!

It did, indeed, leave my skin feeling smooth, and when I followed with whatever cleanser of the moment, my skin was cleaner than it had felt in a while. (I'd only tried a sample size.)

Kindly note: Babor Hy-Oil is also a great pre-cleansing product, but I have not, and never will try it. It contains peanut oil, and I am deathly allergic-to peanuts, or anything peanut-related. (one of "those" people).
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why this is a "pre"-cleanse product, rather than a cleanser. I have used the Babor oil as a cleanser (as well as the Decleor and also OCM in general). Is there any reason why you'd need to cleanse after this? Does it leave the skin oily?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it's just because Dermalogica recommends that you cleanse twice with their cleansing products. That's what is in the instructions on my Dermalogica Ultra Calming cleanser and I remember the gal at the spa telling me that too.

BTW, I can't seem to find the pre-cleanse on the EDS website. Is it available there yet, or am I just overlooking it?

ETA: I just looked at the bottle of Pre-Cleanse on the Dermalogica website. I wanted to try it, but I really wish it had a pump like most cleansing oils. Looks like it probably has a screw off cap on a squirt bottle? I love pumps.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
Maybe it's just because Dermalogica recommends that you cleanse twice with their cleansing products. That's what is in the instructions on my Dermalogica Ultra Calming cleanser and I remember the gal at the spa telling me that too.

Oops - I guess I'm not good at reading instructions Laughing I don't think I've ever noticed it and I just used it once (which was good enough) Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Does the double cleanse apply to all of the dermalogica cleansers? I've been using the anti-bac cleanser and really like it, but have been using it sparingly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Here's the directions for Anti-Bac (per dermstore.com):

Recommended Use: Gently work a small amount of gel into a deep cleansing lather and apply to dampened face and throat. Rinse with warm water and repeat for professional cleansing results. Follow with Skin Purifying Wipes.

I also checked the directions there for all the Dermalogica cleansers and each one said to repeat.
Caspers Mum

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
No, it doesn't leave any greasy residue on the skin. None at all Cool Kindly note that this new product will be appearing on our site in a few days.
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Wow I guess I should learn to read instructions. lol. On the dermalogica website it even tells you about the 'double cleansing' and now there's the pre-cleanse, which i might just have to try as well!
Thanks a bunch!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just out of curiousity, when will the precleanse be available on the EDS site? I wanted to put in an order, but I am willing to wait a bit for this stuff.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy wrote:
Just out of curiousity, when will the precleanse be available on the EDS site? I wanted to put in an order, but I am willing to wait a bit for this stuff.

Caspers Mum wrote:
Kindly note that this new product will be appearing on our site in a few days.

Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! Thanks Mabsy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
yeah! my esthetician gave me a sample and I love it too. Can't wait until you have it up so that I can buy it.
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
It's here! I just put in my order for it (and many other products)!! Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Since this is a new product, I kinda feel scammed by Dermalogica, now that they're saying that we need a "double cleansing" method. What, aren't their normal cleansers (I'm using their Ultra Calming cleanser) efficient enough to do the job? Now they throw in another product and make it sound like we have to buy it (PreCleanse removes oil based products like foundation etc,) to get enough cleansing. Despite my rant, i did buy it after trialing a sample. Razz
Instead of using it as directed (you're supposed to massage your face with it, then wet it into a lather), I simply use it as a makeup remover as I find it removes my industrial-strength MAC liquidlast liner really well. I also like to see the day's grime coming off on my cottonpad. So yeah, just felt like ranting. Bad Grin
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this product for a week now and I LOVE it! I have always had huge blackheads on my nose and cheeks and I have tried so many products, including DHCC, but the blackheads always come back in less than an hour. After using this (followed by Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser) most of my blackheads are completely gone! Will definitely repurchase!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |