Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

2 weeks using IS CLINICAL, almost NO MORE BLACKHEADS : )
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ocean
5% products discount

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I had been reading so much here on IS Clinical Skincare, good things, that i HAD to buy some sample/trial vials from Ebay a few weeks ago, and I was really scared because I paid really a lot for "my" skincare budget.

I'm sorry this is so LONG.

Then I was reading the post about someone on here who did NOT like ISC, so then I got worried - maybe I wasted money??

I thought it wasn't going to work very well because my skin hates everything, but...

When I first starting using it, I had TONS of little blackheads , very very conjested, and I've been very very conjested with my skin for many many years, i keep it looking decent with BHAs/AHAs everyday, but still couldn't get rid of most of the little blackheads, and my skin always is so rough looking and no glow, etc.

So, I got ProHeal, Active, Hydra-Cool and a few little vials of Super Serum. i used Active Serum EVERY night and followed with Hydra-Cool serum. The active serum was so strong for me, I started peeling lightly in just a few days, and I knew it was a good thing to get rid of all those blackheads probably.

At the same time these serums calm my skin, I don't know how, but the ACTIVE serum is very strong, I thought it would be too much maybe.

I used Pro-Heal followed by Hydra-Cool every morning. Sometimes I used Super Serum but that one is too drying for my skin, and very strong for me. I have to get used to it.

Well, i will tell you honestly, no kidding, my skin's redness is gone, only a few light red spots, and I have glowing skin (I can't believe it) and my PORES ARE REFINED instead of rough looking and dry looking and BAD!!

I'm happy, I was reading the other post about someone who was disappointed with ISC

The first few days I looked BAD when using these products because my skin first was dry/rough looking right before it peeled, then as soon as the old/rough/dead skin came off I got the glow again I'd been missing for these past 3 years.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but apparently my skin must love the combination of menthol, B5, BHA, AHA. i think the menthol really helps "transport" the "actives" deeper down in the skin, that's just what it feels like after I use these products, like the BHA/AHA and retinol are going deep deep down and working better.

I wish I could keep affording these products but I just don't know. If I had to choose i would keep using ProHeal, Active, and maybe Hydro-Cool, but probably not Super Serum, but my skin is DRY dehydrated and VERY acne-prone. Super Serum may be great for those with oily or normal skin.

Hope this helps someone. These are STRONG and effective products, the strongest I've ever used I think except for "peels" and except for DHC's AHA cream which was so strong it HURT my skin and left a few scars, and did no good, really for me..

Well, if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. I have super sensitive skin, but I guess I just need something strong to be effective even tho it's sensitive. The ISC seems to be VERY strong but just "STRONG ENOUGH" without damaging my skin i guess. The B5 in the products I believe is the key for healing and calming the skin, in my opinion.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad it worked for you. I tried the Super, but it wasn't right for me either. I use the proheal, hydracool in the am and then active and hydracool in the pm as well. It was for me a miracle and the best thing I ever did for my skin, but I needed some help. Hope you continue to be happy with it.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried anything in the ISC line except the Pro-heal, and I LOVE this product. I saw a difference in the first week of using this stuff, and my skin continues to improve. I like it so much that I am now considering the Active too. I would like to use it under my Photolagen, which I have been using alone at nite for a couple of weeks now.

I think I may become a lifetime ISC user unless something waaaaaay... better comes along!! Laughing Laughing

5% products discount

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I really do think the Hydra-Cool does serve some good purpose, for me anyway.

I REALLY think I may love the Poly-Vitamin serum and want to buy a sample of that as well. Have you used that one?

I'm thinking I could use the Pro-Heal and Hydra-Cool in A.M., Poly-Vit. in the P.M. (or vice-versa?), and just use the Active serum when I need something really strong to cause a little "peel" effect and get rid of stubborn ones, because the Active is almost too strong for me to use all over my face every night now. I think I don't need it that strong anymore now that my skin's so much clearer.

Right now I'm just using the Hydra-Cool at night instead of the Active AND Hydra-cool. I'm just going to use the Active once or twice a week and see how it goes.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad it worked for you ! It's an expensive line - no doubt about that. But, I honestly think that since I've been using, I'd saved money. I used to be CONSTANTLY trying new stuff. More often than not, I was moderately satisfied, but not delighted, and would end up switching to something else. I must have a hundred bottles of half used products as a result. All of that has stopped. Now, I don't feel half as guilty when I indulge in various eye products and the occasional mask Very Happy
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
ocean I am glad that the IS Clinical is working for you and thank your for posting your results. I have been considering using IS Clinical for a while now but have been reluctant because of my sensitive skin. It is good to hear from someone who has sensitive, acne prone skin like mine and has had success with the products. I would probably start out with just the Pro-Heal and then add other products gradually. Had you ever used vitamin c serums before you tried the Pro-Heal? I never used vitamin c serums before so I am concerned about how my skin would react to the Pro-heal. Did you find that the Hydra-Cool was hydrating enough or did you need to use anything else? If you try the Poly-vitamin please post the results. I know the active serum would not work for me (I can't handle the BHA) so the Poly-vitamin is something that I might consider.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had tried the Vit C serums but until Proheal they made me break out. I love the hydra cool am & pm after my proheal and active. Tried the poly but can't use it because it contains niacin (Vit B's) and that triggers my rosacea.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Annie
Which Vit c serums had you tried besides Proheal? Since I had never tried C serums before I was thinking of trying something less expensive like Cellular Skin Rx to see how my skin would react to the Vit c and then swithching to Proheal if I had no bad reactions but after what you said about breakouts I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else had breakouts with other C serums but not with Proheal? I wonder if it would be better to just go with the Proheal or to try something like the Cellular Skin C serum first. hmm I would love to get some opinions on this.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Annie
Which Vit c serums had you tried besides Proheal? Since I had never tried C serums before I was thinking of trying something less expensive like Cellular Skin Rx to see how my skin would react to the Vit c and then swithching to Proheal if I had no bad reactions but after what you said about breakouts I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else had breakouts with other C serums but not with Proheal? I wonder if it would be better to just go with the Proheal or to try something like the Cellular Skin C serum first. hmm I would love to get some opinions on this.

I am very acne prone. I had no problem with Jansen Beckett's C serum or with Skinceuticals C serum, but the Cellular Skin RX serum left my skin red looking and it gave me tons of blackheads. I tried it repeated times, and I got the same results every time. Perhaps it was the delivery system (whatever glycol is in it). Many women, however, have no problem with the Cellular Skin RX and have had great results. I have never tried Proheal, but I want to.

Tina
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Proheal contains retinol which is probably the main reason why it helps to keep acne in check. But people who are sensitive to retinoids may find it irritating. I tried a Proheal sample and didn't like the oily texture. As with any product containing retinol, my skin eventually peeled from using it. I know some people apply Proheal in the morning, but I would never apply a retinoid product then -- only at bedtime.

For those on the fence, I'd get a sample first before investing in a full-sized bottle.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I used JB,cellex-c and cellular skin rx, plus many samples in between to try Vit C to no avail. Proheal does not make me peel, but yet renova and retinol-repair does. I use the Active at night, but it doesn't make me peel either, only on my nose, which I do no longer apply there. My skin is extremely sensitive and prone to breakout reactions to many different products. This is the first line that really works well with my skin but gives results.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ok yall have broken me, I have ordered the super, active, hydra cool and the firming...from all that I keep reading, I use the super then hydracool in am and the active and hydracool and firming cream at nite. I figure in am I can keep using the creams I have and love still without harming the effects? Now if I use other serums, say like some use the tns do I add these after the hydracool or before? Also I agree with Katee in that if these work this wonderfully then one actually does save a ton of money. If we all added up or $50 here and there for this or that, that we end up trashing, we'd be in shock at what we really spend.

Melissa
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tina, m.april and Annie thank you for your responses to my question about using Proheal or another C serum first. I will take m.april's advice and request a sample of proheal when I place my order with EDS. There are many things about the Proheal that appeal to me. I think at this point I have my heart set on the Proheal so I might as well go with that if the sample works well for me. I am not so much looking for something to help my acne, I am mainly interested in using the Proheal for it's antiaging and antioxidant benefits. I am very concerned about using a product that will worsen my acne though. From what you all have been saying I guess that everyone reacts differently to different products and I will just have to see how it works for me. Interestingly enough even though I have sensitive skin I do NOT have a problem with retinoids. I have been using Differin for years for my acne.
I have a few more questions. Sometimes I think I am never going to run out of questions about this IS Clinical stuff.
m.april I would never apply a retinoid in the morning either because they are deactivated by sunlight. The Proheal contains retinol though should this also not be applied in the morning? If not why?
Annie do you currently use Renova? I am not sure how best to combine my Differin with Proheal and wonder if you are combining the Proheal and retinoid or if you stopped using the Renova. I was thinking of using the Differin every other evening when I start using the Proheal but am not sure.
I really appreciate your help on this everyone. Smile
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:

I react badly with breakouts to alot of products and am always afraid to try anything new. I broke out when using the Vivier-C and know someone else who had the same thing happen and she has much better skin than mine. I use the Proheal and it does NOT cause breakouts for me. YAY!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaL - I used Differin a few years ago. It was the only prescription retinoid I could tolerate after trying Retin-A and Renova for long periods of time (and never ever building up a tolerance -- I even waited an hour after washing my face before application and I still got irritated and flakey skin from them). Differin was different, and didn't irritate my skin at all but it wasn't as effective either.

Besides the fact that sunlight diminishes the effectiveness of retinoids, I don't want sun exposure while wearing them, since anti-aging effects and lightening freckles are my skin care goals. If you wear Proheal in the daytime, make sure you use a really good sunscreen over it.

The only ISC product I'm using regularly is the Firming Complex (at night -- it contains 5% AHA), which is also antiacneic, but not oily or as irritating on my skin as the Proheal was. I use SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic serum in the morning, but will switch to C+Ferulic (no Vit.E) for summer when my skin is oilier. I only use a retinoid product (currently Avene Emulsion, which contains retinaldehyde -- a weaker cousin of retinol) a couple of nights a week.

Most people on the forum who use retinoids seem to be able to tolerate them well. But there are a few of us who can't use them as regularly, so that's why I raised the issue about Proheal. You may not have a problem with it at all. The sample will give you enough product to tell if it agrees with your skin. Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |