Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Juvena Juvedical eye serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I got a teeeny sample from Sephora & it seems to be doing something in terms of toning the eye area & diminishing lines-mind you I also started using MD forte eye cream w/retinol at night. I use the serum under my PSF eye cream during the day since it's not moisturizing enough by itself. Has anyone else tried the serum or the cream version. I just wanted some feedback before I order.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
So far, this is my favorite eye serum, and I use it under Valmont Contour eye & mouth cream. This is a really good combination for me, although the Valmont may be best for mature skin like mine or possibly younger skin which is very dry.

I find the Juvena really helps with puffiness, and the V is also good for puffiness but very hydrating at the same time, which is exactly what my eyes need for my advancing age!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I've used both Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum, and Cream for over 40 days now and love them so much. They helped my puffy eyes A LooooooooooooooooT. It's not totally gone but good enough for me be willing to keep on using them. My under eye area are pretty dry and the Renewing Eye Cream is rich enough for me. I can not comment on the fine lines for now. Wrinkles are the hardest thing to see improvement and mine have been there for at leat 15 years. I think it's because the cream is very hydrating my fine lines do seem softened a little. Both of them are the 1st eye products I'll re-purchase. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Yes it helps...now I obviously need BOTH Laughing Yikes!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I've used both Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum, and Cream for over 40 days now and love them so much. They helped my puffy eyes A LooooooooooooooooT.

Did you have dark circles at all? - I'd love to know if this combination of products might do something for those too!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
fifi:

I DO have dark circles. I don't know if Juvedical Eye Serum / Cream help it but because they helped my puffy eyes and the definition of the puffy shape is getting better, my dark circle looked not as bad. Do you know what I mean? The dark cirle and the puffy eye share the same curve..... Another time I wish my English is better. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about the dark circles as they are one of the FEW things I wasn't cursed with! Yaaaay... I agree with the puffiness analogy though. If the puffiness is diminished, the circles would be less pronounced, or at the very least, easier to conceal. If that makes any sense. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi marina - MD Forte Rejuvenation Lotion for eyes is the first retinol product I could tolerate around mine, after giving up on prescription retinoids that were way too drying. It made a big difference as far as fine lines, puffiness, and tautness, so I wouldn't discount that it could be the major factor at work here. What's the active ingredient in the Juvena product?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi marina - MD Forte Rejuvenation Lotion for eyes is the first retinol product I could tolerate around mine, after giving up on prescription retinoids that were way too drying. It made a big difference as far as fine lines, puffiness, and tautness, so I wouldn't discount that it could be the major factor at work here. What's the active ingredient in the Juvena product?

You're probably right, but I tried the MD forte a couple of years back and, although it smoothed lines, it also made my eyes puffy the next morning. With the serum applied in the morning, puffiness is gone....but...can't find the ingredients anywhere...even on the Juvena site.
Plus, this forum has been on a juvena kick lately Very Happy who started this one ???
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, you should be able to find the ingredients for Juvedical products on the Sephora site.

Users of the eye serum: do you find any firming of the eye area with this product?

Users of MD Forte Rejuvenation Lotion: anyone also used the MD Formulations Vit.A-Plus? I had that one but did not find it did much for my eyes. I am interested to use a stronger retinol forumula on my "chicken-skin" ( Shock hat that term) on the inner corner of under eye and along the contour above my eyelid.)

I had tried a sample pot of the face serum and loved it, but at the moment I cannot work out how to bring it into my routine, so it sits onthe list of "try sometime"
Mabsy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
marina - I am using a sample of the serum but have just bought the full size. It is not moisturising but does help with puffiness and I think firmness maybe as well. I cannot comment on wrinkles. I also have a sample of the Juvedical eye cream and I'm liking it also. It's moisturising enough without being too heavy. I can use both products over the eye lid as well with no problems. I am less likely to buy the eye cream since I still love my Cellcosmet. My plan is to use the Juvedical serum under my Cellcosmet eye cream. I hope that helps a bit - sorry about the vague comments on the eye cream, I have only been using it for a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim,

Actually, even on on Sephora there are no ingedients listed for Jevidical serum..that's why I wanted more feedback...it's $$$ for a leap of faith & teeny sample.

As for MD forte, I never tried the MD formulations version, but the MD forte is strong stuff and should NOT be used on the lid.This is coming from a tough skin girl...the first time I tried it, I used it 2X a day (naturally I wanted immediate results) and got dry skin..oh & yes I put it on my lid...got peeling skin. Howver, it definitely gor rid of a couple of milia or chicken skin bumps I had under my eyes.

Interesting: I checked on Dermadoctor to check for MD forte's ingredients & apparently MD is sold only through physician's offices now-they have some products available but not the eye cream. The site mentions that MD fomulations & MD Forte were once the same company & there are many similarities between the 2. The MD formulations eye cream sounds very similar (tthe ingredients are similar) but I think the the Forte was a stronger version.

Depending on your skin, a pure retinol product-one not specially made for eyes may help if you use it a couple of days a week to start. I was thinking of the skinceuticals formula. I used to use the .5% under my eyes a couple of times a week with no problem but not on the lid area.

I am starting to ramble so I'll just end this tome by saying..I looked in the mirror & my under eye area looks firm & bright...not the usual lined tired look I usually have by now. The serum's looking good; just hate getting something without knowing what's in it first. Confused

Mabsy, I just saw your post...you wouldn't have ingredients by any chance? If not, you just confirmed what I saw-better tone & firmness. Thanks
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
marina
http://site.skin-one.com/juvena-skin-care.htm has complete ingredients for both the eye sermum and the renewing serum. I didn't look at all the Juvena products but it looks like they might have ingredinet lists for everything.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
marina - I'm at work at the moment (Ssshhhh!) but will check when I get home. I haven't yet received my full size so if it's not on the packaging that the sample came in or not in the brochure then I don't have it, but should get it tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I found the ingredient list on the site mentionned above (thanks Theresa) & didn't help much-nothing jumped out. But, I still like it so Rolling Eyes

Tiger_Tim, which serum did you try & like. This is important since there's the Juvedical serum at $250 and the Juvelia Firming Exilir at $124. Please say it was the cheaper one..

I really think the problem with Juvena is they have too many products & a lot are repetitive.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Marina, sorry to say it was the Jurvedical serum that I had the little sample bottle of.

Perhaps if I am not totally happy with my PSF/IS Clinical/Remergent products I will swap something over to the Juvedical line...
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I see that the serum contains caffeine, which is high on the list of ingredients. The cream includes glycerine, which is very high on the list. It seems that these may be the main "actors" in each product that produce the desired results. When my hands are REALLY bad, there's nothing like a glycerine cream to come to the rescue. And while I've never used any, most cellulite creams contain caffeine, so it apparently has some positive effect on lumps, bumps, puffs, etc.

I didn't know MD Forte was now only available through physicians' offices. Funny, the site I used to order from (I think it was simply called MD Forte) disappeared more than a year ago, and I had to find other sites that sold it. At the same time, I stumbled upon this forum and the rest is history -- I became exposed to a huge range of products with good feedback about them as well!

BTW, I used the MDF eye lotion all around my eyes and lids, but only once a day at most, and maybe only 3-4 days a week at most. It did a great job. Now I'm using a similar product, Avene Contour Des Yeux. It has rescued my eyes. I gave up on SC Retinol .5% -- it was way too harsh for me (at least during winter) and especially when used too often, and made my eyes look worse!

I simply can't use retinoids every day and look better. Some [younger] people can. I think it's because the older I get, the less frequently my skin turns over and using exfoliants just can't force it -- they only dry out my skin more and more until it's naturally ready to shed. That's become my latest theory, anyway.

But having said all that, I think that anyone wanting to reduce existing lines, etc. and firm up the lids should really try a retinoid product specifically formulated for the eye area (generally MUCH weaker than ones for the face). The Juvena products would, I think, work very well in tandem with retinoids and compliment the benefits. Believe it or not, I'm 54 but I've never used a regular eye treatment for the purpose of moisturizing or de-puffing, but now I think I'm ready (here I go again)!!! I think marina has found a winning combination -- or at least the most we can hope for short of surgery.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I definitely want to give these a try - even if they don't help my dark circles, it looks as if they shouldn't make things any worse! Didn't someone here say recently that they had also liked the Caudalie eye serum though...less pricey than Juvedical and easy to get in the UK too. Indecisive...moi?!?
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
geez, maybe i should give the eye serum another go. I used it a while ago and didn't like it at all, didn't do anything for me. maybe i should have persisted a little longer.

oli
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |