Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: PFS R&R Toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Well, after reading so much about this toner on this forum, I had to try it for myself, so I ordered a sample. According to the description of the item, you are supposed to see results within 30 days, but my skin looks brighter after just a few days! Anyway, I want to order the full size, and when I do I've been considering getting the PSF Balancing Oil--- has anyone tried this? How did you like it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
PS- that should be PSF Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I had been contemplating trying the R&R Toner, but am currently using dermalogica's multi-active toner. Which is good too, but I was wondering if you have tried it and could compare the two?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the R&R Toner too. I especially love the cucumber smell! I've been using PSF cleanser, spritz and moisturizer and I've noticed my skin starting to clear up Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this also. It is very refreshing. Last summer I kept somein my beach bag because it was so refreshing to spray on a hot salty face.

SUMMER IS HERE FOR ME MY LAST CLASS WAS YESTERDAY!

Yeh!!!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Well, after reading so much about this toner on this forum, I had to try it for myself, so I ordered a sample. According to the description of the item, you are supposed to see results within 30 days, but my skin looks brighter after just a few days! Anyway, I want to order the full size, and when I do I've been considering getting the PSF Balancing Oil--- has anyone tried this? How did you like it?

When you say "brighter" does that mean the toner helps fade dark marks and acne scars?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for about 9 months. I don't think it would heal scars but it makes my skin feel good and I think also helps cure redness.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it fades old acne marks or not. My marks HAVE been fading significantly over the past couple weeks--- it could be this stuff, or it could be the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Blemish serum I've started using. I DO know that it definitely gets rids of redness and makes my skin feel really smooth and refreshed. Just love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Directions say to wipe the R&R off again after use...do you do that, or do you just leave it on? I've got a sample which I haven't used yet, mostly coz I don't have any cotton-balls and haven't got round to buying any (=lazy)

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I've used up a whole bottle of this. While I think it's a great toner (though I'm not big on cucumber smell) I didn't see any skin brightening effects when I started using this. I spray it on and let it dry naturally before applying a serum, or I use it to set mineral makeup Smile I'm now alternating between the Dermalogica Active Toner (also no obvious brightening effects as yet) and the PSF DMAE toner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I just spray it on and let it dry.

Mabsy how do you like the DMAE toner?
I've been thinking about that one.
Mabsy

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Mabsy how do you like the DMAE toner?

Very nice! Scent wise, I feel it's more of a calming one than the R&R (which for me was more refreshing). I think it's also more moisturising than the R&R, or at least my skin feels somehow more plump and dewy right after spraying this on. I only got it last week or maybe the week before but already can see myself repurchasing down the line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz!

I have been using the PSF balancing oil for about a week or so on my T-zone and it really does seem to help! A minor breakout on my chin has cleared up, and **knock wood** nothing new seems to be starting up. I also notice I'm less oily during the day...which is huge because I live in Arizona and the weather is starting to warm up! As they say, "it's a dry heat"...but that doesn't stop my face from becoming an oil slick once the temperature gets over 80 degrees! Laughing

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks so much for the info, Mary! Can I ask you a few questions about how you've been using it? Do you use it morning, night, or both? Do you use it instead of moisturizer? TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
You're very welcome for the info...happy to help!

Because I'm already using so many products I had no idea where to fit in the balancing oil...so as ususal, I called on the folks at PSF customer service for advice (support@psfskincare.com). Since I already had a pretty full daytime regime, they suggested that I put it on over the PSF Retinol 1% that I use as my nighttime treatment. I don't know how it works that it keeps my oil at bay the following day...but it does! A couple of times I have used it during the day on spots that looked to me like they might be ready to "erupt"...but for the most part, the night time usage works well for me! I use the PSF herbal sunscreen as my day moisturizer, so the balancing oil doesn't replace it...

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, it sounds excellent!! Thanks again for the help!!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Anytime! Smile

Mary
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in--I am using both PSF R&R and Osea's Sea Minerals, and between the two of them, I'm set! The R&R toner DEFINITELY gets rid of redness and calms the skin, although it does not feel like it is doing much, it is more, like Mabsy said, "refreshing." I'm definitely going to go for the DMAE toner next time.
Sea Minerals has vit c and amino acids and other active ingredients, so it is an instant "skin brightener" and I use it during the day or before going out at night. I think it depends on what kind of skin you have and what you need it for--I have olive skin that tends to look dull so the Osea toner is better for me--it always gives my skin its life back and it tingles, which makes me happy to know that it is working. Wink

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I just had to say how much I enjoy the PSF R&R toner! I got it in a recent order and it is so refreshing and it definitely calms my skin down. I don't know if it will help fade the marks in the long-run, but right after applying it my skin feels soothed and refreshed.

I was looking at their moisture balancing lotion, since I'm usually quite loyal to a product line when i find something that works well. Maybe that's my downfall, not all products of one line are great. :S
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Still waiting for my order of R&R and DMAE toners. Can't wait to try them after hearing all the good reviews.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
One thing about the spray nozzle in the full size bottle, it only allows one big fine spray which isends up going everywhere.. so to prevent wastage and to 'aim' the product better, rather than have half of the spray fly over my shoulder.. i have to actually pump some into my palms first..
Majolenka
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have ordered the whole set of PSF products after reading all the raves so you'll see me chipping in with my bits on each of them. I have been using the range for almost a month now. I have introduced about three different products from PSF into my routine all at once so I realize it's difficult to tell the effects of each of them on my skin. However I can tell you about how my skin feels directly after applying the product and share some of the more immediate results.

Unless I use cleansing milk to cleanse my face, I don't usually use toner so this was a completely new thing for me and I probably didn't believe it's all that important anyway. But I have to say I think it does make a difference. I use it regularly now. I am not crazy about the cucumber smell ( maybe in summer time it would feel better) but it has a definite calming property and seems to sooth my skin after cleansing and make it ready for application of actives and moisturiser. I have also tried to use it during the day just to refresh my skin in the heavily air-conditioned environment but it seems almost "too strong" - I guess it's that cucumber smell again...so overall I think it's a good toner, I'll probably go mad for it in the summer but for now I think I would try some other ones by PSF just to have a comparison.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I love this toner. I use it twice a day. I like the fact that it comes in a spray bottle. I won't use toners that have to be applied on a cotton ball; the majority of the product ends up being wasted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I love this toner. I use it twice a day. I like the fact that it comes in a spray bottle. I won't use toners that have to be applied on a cotton ball; the majority of the product ends up being wasted.

thank you Time2Bme, i totally agree with you, so when i finish my spray, i normally wash it, and then pour other non-spray toner into it. love it. and not so wasted.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |