Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Topical treatment for eye wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Maura L.
5% products discount

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm looking to treat the beginnings of wrinkles under/around the eyes. So many products out there have a lot of bold claims but no results, so I need some guidance wading through this.

I'm positive there have been many similar threads before about this topic, but being fairly new here, I guess I'm looking for an update.

So what products do you guys swear by, that actually show real results? What products definitely DON'T work?
Maura L.
5% products discount

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
No one has any suggestions? Shock
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in what everyone is currently using as thier eye cream.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Started using MD Formualtions VitA Plus for about 2 weeks now. Love it, haven't seen dramatic results yet, but some smoothing. Goes on great and soaks in w/o that greasy feel. I'll post more as I use it longer.
Caspers Mum

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Presently, I am using Caudalie Contour Cream Eyes and Lips. I like it, because it hasn't caused milia, isn't sticky or greasy, and is perfect for my 31 year-old eyes. I also have Murad Essential- Eye Cream SPF 15. Though I like it, I found that it caused me to experience milia. Maybe I was using too much.

Based on what you have described, I will advise the following products for your consideration: Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream, Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream, Dermalogica Multivitamin Power-Firm for eyes & Lips, Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Cream, Juvena Rejuven Vital Eye, Kinerase Eye Cream,MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Eye Cream, PSF StimuColl-C™ Intensive Eye Serum.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, my result was totally opposit from Caspers Mum. Using Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 for few months now, it did not give me milias but found it hard to spread / pat around my eyes sometimes and stings if I put too close to my eyes. But using Caudalie eye serum and cream samples for 10 days gave me two small milias. I guess everybody react different to each product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I find that treatment products for my face have given me good results around my eyes as well. Thus, I use Retin-A (0.05% cream)about every three nights around my orbital area and Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum under and over my eyes each AM. Of course, sunscreen is a MUST everyday, plus sunglasses, etc. for protection.

The first two weeks using Retin-A, the area looked awful but eventually it smoothed out and looks much better now.

For everyday basic moisturizing, I like Nivea CoQ10 Eye Cream spf 4. It's good for fine lines and lightweight moisturizing. For something with more ooomph to it, I like the Jurlique Wrinkle Prevention Cream. It's a bit heavier and seems to moisturize more.

For helping prevent/correct crow's feet and other lines caused by muscles moving (squinting, etc.), I use a wrinkle-relaxer, Relax-A-Line (nice HA base, too). It works well for me. Relax Plus with Vialox is another wrinkle-relaxer and it, too, works well to flatten out lines caused by muscle movement.

Good Luck!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Okusil plus Cellcosmet eye cream
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
hubby is currently using Okusil under his eyes (no change in puffiness or dark circles sorry to say) and Kinerase eye cream (helped a lot with the fine lines and crepiness he suddenly discovered and panicked about). I use Suisse Programme firming eye gel (nice texture, no milia, eyes seem smoother and lids seem firmer), if I use a cream at the moment I am finishing off my MD Formulations VitA-Plus (had not performed any miracles) and will then go back to teh Kinerase.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
The only products that I have actually used long term around my eyes (2 months or longer) is the Juvedical eye serum and cream (got rid of the puffies and bags - incredible stuff BUT did not remove the lines) and Photolagen. Photolagen is not meant as an eye cream but I have tried just about all of them with no effect (except Cellcosmet - might be next on the list but...) I have to say that I think the lines have softened somewhat with Photolagen but I don't have any photos as a comparison and when you look at your face everyday a very gradual improvement is hard to see. So I am not sure.
I'd go along with those suggested by Caspers Mum and add Juvedical as all these lines are really meant to help stop the wrinkles rather than perform a miracle like removing them which some of us are looking for.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Decleor vitaroma (the one in the small pot) is rather nice and moisturizing so I think it would have a plumping effect on lines (lines are not one of the main problems with my eyes though). Smells good too (unusual for me to like any scent in an eye product!).
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I like using the RoC Rejeuvener for eyes at night. I've been using it regularly for a few weeks now and I'm slowly beginning to notice a difference. It's moisturising too and the texture is nice and soft. You just have to give it some time to work. As with many products really....
In the morning I often layer a moisturizing Vitamin C eye cream (I'm currently using Avalon Organics) and then Total Eye Care from Dermalogica. This is cool because it has SPF 15 and also is lightly tinted so it banished my dark shadows immediately. It's also working on the shadows in the long term, because I'm beginning to see a difference. I've got samples of Dermalogica's Intensive Repair eye cream, so I might try that in a bit and see how that goes. I don't think that there's one eye cream that will do the magic, but so far this routine has worked for me. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Whoa, I'm a little overwhelmed!

That's the thing about eye creams... choosing one just seems so arbitrary. There are hundreds of choices out there. And even among this board, there seems to be no agreement on a specific brand.

To be honest, I am also not convinced that eye creams really *DO* that much in reality...probably mostly a mind-soother!

But I'm still on my quest.

Very arbitrarily, I am getting interested in the MD Formulations eye cream and Kinerase eye cream....
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm useing Juice Beauty's Smoothing Eye concentrate. I really like it. It goes on smoothly, does not sting if I come to close to the eye and is used both under the eye and on the eyelid + between eyebrows. It's moisturizeing and sinks in quickly. My only small objection to the product is that the pump pumps out just a bit too much...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Ruth,

I have this problem too! I solve it by pumping some of the product into a small eyecream size jar with a tight fitting lid and dip my finger in to get just the right amount. When the jar is empty, I refill from the main bottle. Much less waste this way. HTH Very Happy
Maura L.
5% products discount

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, but does this Juice product work??
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd ask another question here... what specific ingredients should we be looking for in eye creams?

I personally am looking for a product that has some sort of retinol and maybe some glycolic component...does this exist?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
Thought I'd ask another question here... what specific ingredients should we be looking for in eye creams?

I personally am looking for a product that has some sort of retinol and maybe some glycolic component...does this exist?

MD Forte Rejuvenating Eye Cream has both Retinol & Glycolic. So does MD Forumlations Vit-A-Plus Eye Cream. I'm sure there are others.

I have been using MD Forte eye cream on and off for a few years and am currently wondering if the glycolics in eye creams are causing dark circles to appear on me since it seems I only get them when using MD Forte. Could be just coincidence since no one else here has noticed it.

I've also found DMAE to be a beneficial ingredient (firming) in eye creams.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have chronic dark circles, and I didn't notice them getting any worse when I was using MD Forte - mind you, that could be because they're so bad to start with Sad .
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I have chronic dark circles, and I didn't notice them getting any worse when I was using MD Forte - mind you, that could be because they're so bad to start with Sad .

Thanks, it's probably just me. I've ordered MD Forumlations Vita-A Plus Eye cream just today, so I can compare. I think I read somewhere that MD Forte eye cream has 6% glycolic and MD Formulations has 10%, so we'll see how it goes.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |