Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Your Opinion on Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new and just purchased the Obagi NuDerm set.

Im in my mid-20's and honestly have horrible sun damage and melasma. I talked to my dermatologist about some procedures to help and he suggested doing this first.(and actually using sunscreen!)

Has anyone tried the products? Happy with the results? I plan to take pictures to see for myself--and even share later, but wanted to know of anyone else's experiences.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it and had great success with sun spots and fine lines.
I posted some pics here. Go to "older photos" and nuber 8 and 9 show the dif before and after. I had just used some Botox before and after and it was also obvious how great Obagi worked for me.

Other photos show city lips and how that has worked as well.
http://www.fotothing.com/Wenrow/
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the whole obagi line years ago and it didn't help with my hyperpigmentation. Do a board search and you will find lots of reviews.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Having baked and broiled in the sun and horrid acne on top of it Obagi is my change your life product. I could never rave enough about the difference it made in my skin as most of the forum members know. I wish you the same sucess with it and if you stick with it am sure you too will be pleased.

HTH
Sherri
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Def have to be deticated to it. If you don't go at least 3 months, you can't know the potential of this product.
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow Wen--those are incredible! Looks like it really evened out your skin tone.

I'll make sure to follow up at least 3 month. My derm also prescribed Renova--and I forgot to ask how it all works together.

More research!!! Wink

Thanks for the replies!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Whatever you do, stick with it. I used obagi last year and did the intensive treatment, meaning using the retin-A every night to get it over with sooner. I did not finish the treatment, I think I only had a little bit to go before I got to the maintain part of the program, and now I am hitting myself on the head about it. I wished I had finished but could not take it anymore. My face was sooooo red and flaky, it looked like I had SEVERE sunburn everyday and whenever I itched my face, my skin fell off and left a scab. I looked so horrible, but after spending that kind of money I should have followed through because there are so many people that have had positive results with it.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I had really red, sore skin in the beginning then I discovered Revive. I applied the Cellular Repair Cream (perfect for Retin a users to HEAL) in the am routine and it helped tremendously! I peeled, yes but no terrible discomfort like bfore.

It was prescribed by Dr. Brown in its early days to patients after Chemical peels.

It is exp but you can get a few samples (via Nieman Marcus or purchase on Ebay) and that is enough to get you through that period anyway.
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Wen! I can't wait for it to arrive. 7-10 days I guess!Also look into Revive. (wonder if any heavy cream would work, may ask derm)

I plan to take pictures, so I'll let you all know how the process goes.

I LOVE this site by the way. I'm so clueless about skincare--this is fantastic!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
This ended up being a long post....sorry about that! All products don't work for all people, and this combo can be somewhat harsh. Here is my experience with Obagi and Renova....

I used the Obagi line for six months, faithfully, along with Renova. I began using Renova, at night, gradually....starting with every other evening for a couple of weeks, then every night. My skin went through lots of phases....dry, red, flakey and peeling, for several weeks. My derm thoroughly explained all of this to me up front, informing me that many people give up during this phase, commonly referred to as the uglies, because of these temporary effects. I trusted the derm, she had beautiful, smooth,clear, lineless skin at age 40...and uses Obagi, and figured that temporary peeling, and reddness was worth the results. And sometimes we make sacrifices for the things we desire....like good skin.

For me, the results were well worth the sacrifice. And because I was expecting to look like a freak during this time, it wasn't nearly all that bad. Yes, I did have the reddness, and flaking, and peeling, but there are things you can do to minimize this....exfoliating and keeping your skin well-moisturized. I also chose not to wear foundation because it made the flaking look worse. And when I had an event or occasion when I didn't want those 'uglies', I would just not use the Renova for a new days and my skin would look fine in time for the event. Eventually, these effects did subside, and there were obvious improvements...dramatically lightened sun spots, diminished fine lines and totally transformed the texture and appearance of my skin. I would often receive comments from people, even those I didn't know and never met. Obagi and Renova, combined, was a great "base" product line for me.

I'm still using Renova, every other evening, several months a year, and always have the Obagi Clear on hand when I start to see a sun spot reappear. Now I use other products to more gently maintain the results...and try other products for prevention and new areas of concern! Like most EDS forum members, I'll always be searching for that next best product! I hope these products work as well for you as they did for me! Keep applying that sunscreen!

Deb

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Debra.

I really appreciate that. Glad to hear it improved the texture! My skin is very "bumpy" looking and uneven--red and blotchy. I just can't wait to get started!
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yep...my skin had unexplained 'bumps' too.

I also want to offer a tip regarding the Renova...wash your hands after applying to your face, and be careful around your lips. One time my lips peeled (and hurt) badly and I realized that I must have somehow gotten some product on them. After that experience, I began to apply a good, solid lip balm before the Renova, and wash my hands thoroughly, right afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
i had used obagi myself, i was 25 years old when i used it, it really did a great job on my skin, i guess it really make me look younger because couple of people would not believe that i am 25, they thought i am only 16 or 18 which is awesome and they even said whatever i am doing to keep it up:)...And i used it for about 2 month. The only reason i stopped it was because of a comment made by a hairstylist, who said that my skin looked thin, other than that it was awesome.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Obagi since Jan, not consistantly. I went 8 weeks straight then off for 3 weeks (But lots of Revive products every night during that time) then on again for 4 more and am on maint. But just with that, (you've seen the photos) my spots are almost completely faded and now I'm noticing the "rings" on my neck are really fading. I mean I have a much younger looking neck!!! That is a new thing and I just love it. Others had better results sooner (with neck rings)and I thought maybe it just wouldn't work for me since I didn't do it straight through but it is really starting to help there. So that is another plus.
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
So Debra, did you say why you stopped using the Obagi? And what did you find to take it's place?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |