Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
True Cosmetics Foundation - Help with Finding a Colour Match
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I know quite a few of us are very interested in trying True Cosmetics foundation, but are having difficulty in matching the correct shade.

A very helpful chap at TrulyNatural.com provided me with the following info. Hopefull, it might help some of you to decide.

I'm off now to order some from EDS! Can't wait to use it! Very Happy

TRUE Foundation Match List

 As a rule
o # 1- dark yellow
o # 2- yellow
o # 3- yellow/pink or neutral
o # 4- pink or peach
o # 5- dark pink or rose

If you have a yellow undertone you match with a yellow tone. If you have a pink undertone you match with a pink tone.

 Fair Foundation
o Fair #1 – Light skin tone with yellow undertones
o Fair #2 – Lightest Shade for the fairest of skin
o Fair #3 - Neutral
o Fair #4 – Light skin tone with pink or peach undertones
 Medium Foundation
o Medium #1 – Olive skin tone with yellow undertones
o Medium #2 – Light yellow undertones
o Medium #3 – Yellow and pink undertones (neutral)
o Medium #4 – Pink Undertones
o Medium #5 – Really pink rarely sell this #
 Tan -Used for darker toned skin
o Tan #1- yellow undertones
o Tan #2- Neutral
o Tan #3- pink undertones
o Tan #4- pink/rose undertones
 Deep -Used for dark skin, but mainly as a bronzer
o Deep #1- yellow
o Deep #2 – neutral
o Deep #3 – pink/rose

Most popular colors are :
 Fair #1 and Fair #4
 Medium #1, #2, #3

Misc. Information:
 All foundations have Idebenone in them
 Pressed or compact powder is for a matte finish. Use mineral foundation brush for pressed/ compact powder.
 Loose powder is for a shimmer or slight glow finish. Use true brush for loose powder.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW majorb!! This really helps. I've always been a little intimidated by the whole right/wrong color thing, but this gives me a lot more confidence. Thanks. I'm actually going to print this one off to use for a reference. Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
It'd also be great if anyone finding their correct match could give us comparisons with other brand shades. carekate and a few others have already done this with Medium #2, which I believe was likened to Jane Iredale Warm Silk.

I've had 3 recommendations now for using Medium #3 for Jane Iredale's Satin shade, but I'll let you know how close it looks to me when my lovely big, newly-ordered parcel of goodies arrives from EDS.

I'm so excited!

ETA I'm thinking that maybe we could eventually compile our own comparison list here in the forums?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have Medium #2 on today and it is the exact match as JI Warm Silk Tan#1 is JL Golden Glow if you get color in the summer. Feels great on the skin
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Med. #3 but have never used any other mineral foundations to compare to. I have pink undertones and fair, but not too fair skin. It gives a lovely neutral to peach sheen. It stays matte all day and I have never used a foundation where I don't have to use powder with it to ward off the sheen. It also really stays put and I did not have to set it with the spray. The lady at True said only if I wanted to give it more sheen, which I don't need.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Annie - Are you using the pressed or the loose powder? And do you have dry, normal, combo or oily skin?

I usually go for the loose because of my dry skin, but then have to apply powder to matte down the effect. Wondering whether I should start maybe using compact versions instead - the only thing that worries me is that they may make my fine lines look worse and dry out my skin further.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I am using the pressed and I have oily/sensitive/rosacea skin (where did our profiles go?). I am loving it. It took me a day or so to get the hang of it. It will show fine lines if you're not careful on the application. I am not having to use powder over it. It's a miracle!
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Bummer - I noticed True has dimethicone. Isn't that a silicone chemical? I don't think glominerals or jane iredale contains that ingredient.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Just to confirm that the True Cosmetics Loose Foundation in Medium #3 is equivalent in colour to Jane Iredale's Satin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |