Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Harmonie essentielle-- why is it being discontinued?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love Decleor Harmonie Essentielle; it's one of my favorite moisturizers. I've heard it's being discontinued, and many places don't carry it anymore. I was wondering why that is? It is such an effective moisturizer that instantly clears redness or inflamation, it's very soothing, and it has a UV filter. Do any of the other Decleor moisturizers in the sensitive range offer UV protection?
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no ! I've just found out that Decleor Harmonie Essentielle is one of the best ptd. My aunt is using this emulsion on her baby girl to get rid of baby milk rash on her cheeks and she swears nothing is more gentle and effective than this wonderful stuff. I've gotta let her know. Thanks for this tip, Thoughtcrime!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Babyfish, I know I was really disappointed when I heard the news, but EDS still carries it. I'm not surprised that it's helping your aunt's little girl's rash. It's the only thing that really healed my allergic reaction on my face a couple weeks back. I think the new Decleor Harmonie soothing emulsion that seems to be replacing it, doesn't have that UV filter.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime,

I think there was something wrong with my u2u, so I don't know if you received my last message to you. I just wanted to correct one of my hasty typing mistake, it should be " don't be bothered" instead of "don't bother" SadSadSad. Sorry Thoughtcrime. Please excuse my grammar stink :P:P:P
Mabsy

Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies,

Sorry, I don't know anything about the cream being discontinued but I have a (possibly) semi-related question. I know this is the cream you're talking about, but have you tried Harmonie Baume? It would seem from the name that it's in the same 'family' as the Harmonie Essentielle. It had great reviews on MUA but I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing it has been discontinued also? Does anybody know if it has been replaced with something?

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:54 am      Reply with quote
babyfish, I received your sweet U2U messages, thanks, and no worries I am queen at typos. I am a 1 handed typer which always makes me look illiterate LOL!

Mabsy, I'm not sure about the harmonie baume, sorry. But I hate when products I love get discontinued or when a company reformulizes a product and it's not as good as the original.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the Harmonie Baume was replaced by the Rose D'Orient Balm. Not sure if the formulation is the same, though.
Magda

Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Up to my knowledge Decleor Harmonie Essentielle is not discontinued and we still have it for sale.
Decleor Harmonie Jour - Soothing Anti-Redness Day Cream is discontinued and replaced by Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream.
Harmonie Baume only changed the name to Rose D'Orient Balm. The formula is exactly the same.
Decleor keeps us very busy with constant changes of names. I guess that they have to keep up with a new trends in the names and show that they keep working hard on making their products more attractive Smile
Mabsy

Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification Alohagirl and Magda Smile

I've wanted to try the Harmonie Baume for a while and didn't even realise I had it right here in front of me! I've got a sample that I have not used yet. I'll use it soon and let you know how it went.

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Magda,

I think there was a united sigh of relief when you said that the Decleor Harmonie Essentielle wasn't being discontinued-- and I don't even use this product! After Babyfish said that her aunt uses it to help her baby's milk rash...and Thoughtcrime found it's lovely healing properties I'm willing to give this a try! Wink It sounds very nice and gentle.

Summertimegirl x
Magda

Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime, you were right, I just got a note from Decleor today that they are preparing to discontinue Harmonie Essentielle. Looks like I am the least informed around here SadSadSad
They will also discontinue Lift Cellulium - Anti-Cellulite Massage Gel which was also a very good seller.Mad

Harmonie Essentielle is replaced by Harmonie Delicate Soothing Emulsion. Let's give it some time and hear some reviews for this upgraded version of Harmonie Essentielle.

Lift Cellulium will be replaced by Decleor Expert Contour Slimming Aromatic Fluid.

Sorry for getting everyone confused and not being up to date on this one.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Magda,
no worries at all, it's so hard to keep track when so many products are constantly being reformulated, improved, discontinued, and updated on the market all the time. Thanks for the updated info. though; I wasn't positive but you confirmed the news. I'm just so glad you carry it, and I'll have to stock up before there all gone. Wink
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

I have a skin condition around my eyes which my doctor called a minor case of "ocular rosacea". Wake up one morning I may find red patches on the inner and outer corners of or under my eyes. They are swollen and red and itchy at first then become very dry afterward. I hated it. For at least four days to one week I suffer and look awful ( I look 10 years older!SadSadSad). I was wondering the last time when your skin flared up, and you used Harmonie Essentielle, did you use it on the skin around or close to your eyes too. Do you think it's safe to use there? Spring is coming very soon and comes to torture me also this symtom along with seasonal allergy. I want a good preparation. Thanks first.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I wish they have Harmonie Soothing Cream for Eyes. Do they?
Mabsy

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

I get something similar to what you get! I think it only comes up when I'm really stressed, I can't quite figure it out. It's a red patch in the inner corners under my eyes. First it's a bit itchy, then it turns really dry and then it starts to flake off. The whole process takes about a week Mad The Cellcosmet Eye cream helps a bit but I'm wondering if there is a faster way to nip this in the bud. Maybe I should invest in some Harmonie Essentiele too before they replace it (though hopefully they are just changing the name and leaving the formulation the same).

Mabsy.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked Decleor's UK website. (It has more info than the US website.)

I looked at the description of Harmonie "Gentle Soothing Cream" (also known as "Creme Tendresse Apaisante") and it sounds remarkably similar to the description of Harmonie Essential. The active ingredient list shows they both contain the same essential oils. However, "Essential" contains sunscreen and the "Soothing" cream doesn't. Maybe that's why they're discontinuing it--this is a sensitive skin product, and lots of people are allergic to sunscreens.

FWIW;)
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Baybfish and Mabsy,
I'm sorry to hear about your eye condition, Sounds like the allergic reaction I had on my face. I'm not sure if it's safe to use around the eyes. I know for the face it was like a miracle cream to me, and has been throughout the years. But the eye area is delicate, and it sounds like your eye area is very sensitive, so I don't know if it would be safe especially since there's a sunscreen. Might want to ask Magda or Casper's Mum cause I don't want to tell you the wrong thing Sad
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy! I feel bad that you have this "eye sore" thing but I am also glad that I'm not the only one. I am the only one in my family has this "disease". It happened to me last summer right at my cousin wedding reception. Talk about big stress, I was her wedding planner SadSadSad). I did all the hard work and at the best moment, people thought I cried too much for so being happy for my cousin. Not!SadSadSad

Thoughtcrime, there's Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel. I just saw it in "Treatments and Eye Care". I think I will order this gel and also the Aromessence Rose D'Orient for Sensitive and Reactive Skin. I'm just a little bit concerned that Harmonie Cream will be too heavy for me, my skin can become very oily and congested. My skin is not dry. It just has dry patches appear once in a while around my eyes and on my cheeks. Oh! skin is so complicated! SadSadSad
Mabsy

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

The first time I got these red dry patches (whatever they are) was just after last winter - so around August. Since then I've had it reappear twice Sad And the best I can tell it seems to go hand in hand with my levels of stress.

I might get a sample of the Harmonie Essentiele first I guess.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:01 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

Thoughtcrime, there's Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel. I just saw it in "Treatments and Eye Care". I think I will order this gel and also the Aromessence Rose D'Orient for Sensitive and Reactive Skin. I'm just a little bit concerned that Harmonie Cream will be too heavy for me, my skin can become very oily and congested. My skin is not dry. It just has dry patches appear once in a while around my eyes and on my cheeks.

Babyfish, perfect I didn't even know there was an eye gel. Although I'm more a fan of creams. My skin is combination/oily and sensitive at the same time. I don't find it to be a heavy cream at all, and I usually wear it year round. But maybe you can get a sample first, if they have any, since its being discontinued.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |