Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rev: Weleda Skin Food & Calendula cream for dry hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Weleda Skin Food and Calendula baby cream! My hands get very dry b/c I wash them a lot through out the day and if I do not apply lotion or cream every night before I go to bed they will end up cracking and break out in hives at the slightest irritation. I use the Skin Food regularily and if my skin is irritated or itchy I use the Calendula. In the morning my hands are so soft and they don't really get that dry through out the day like they usually would before I started using this stuff.

I really like these products because for their effectiveness on dry skin they aren't that greasy. I haven't tried it yet with this particular product because I haven't needed to, but I know that this stuff would be even more effective when used with cotton gloves over night. In the past when my hands have gotten their worst I would wear gloves at night on top of slathered-in-oil-and-lotion hands. I bet I will be using them again sooner than I think b/c I am temporarily moving to the mountains in the Northwest where its very dry. It will be a true test to see if the Skin Food sans gloves suffices.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
amnis have you ever tried the Jurlique Calendula Cream? If so, how would you compare the Jurlique Calendula to the Weleda Calendula cream?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
amnis have you ever tried the Jurlique Calendula Cream? If so, how would you compare the Jurlique Calendula to the Weleda Calendula cream?

No, unfortunately, I haven't tried the Jurlique Calendula Cream.

Here are the ingredients to the Weleda Calendula Baby Cream (I ommitted the "baby" in the thread title because of limited space):

"sweet almond oil, water, lanolin, beeswax, alcohol, glyceryl linoleate, calendula extract, frangrance (essential oils)"

The enclosed pamphlet also says that it contains zinc oxide.

I threw away the box it came in after I wrote down the ingredients from the box onto the pamphlet and stuck it into my "skin care" file so I might have ommitted the zinc oxide by accident when transcribing. Otherwise, I'm not sure why the zinc oxide wouldn't be listed on the box...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that you can use the Skin Food on your lips.

Skin Food ingredients:

"water, lanolin, peanut oil, sweet almond oil, alcohol, beeswax, glyceryl linoleate, frangrance (essential oils), hydrolyzed beeswax, pansy extract, matricaria (Chamomilla Recutta) extract, calendula extract, cholesterol"

Mabsy

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great! I haven't tried it as a hand cream because I don't have dry hands, but the Skin Food saved my skin a few months back when I had a rather severe sunburn...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Skin Food and found it to not keep my very dry skin moisterized.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Laslavic wrote:
I used the Skin Food and found it to not keep my very dry skin moisterized.

Really? What else have you tried in the past? Are you using something else that works now?

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Healthy Hoof - Intensive Protein Treatment - The Trainer's Choice (Gena Laboratories) It is very thick cream that I use for my feet. I have a lot of corns on the bottom of my feet and they hurt! Sad
I was at my dermotologist for a regular visit & told him that I am off to the drug store to find a cream for me feet. Did he have any suggestions. He sold me a jar of Healthy Hoof.
Then I came across Weleda Skin Food and the price is cheaper. I used one tube in one week. I have found that it felt very nice but the moister did not lock in and my skin was very dry in the morning. With Healthy Hoof, the moister was still there and I liked that because my feet felt more comfortable throughout the day.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I've got tubes of the Weleda Skin Food, Baby Calendula Cream and Jurlique Calendula cream. My favorite is the Jurlique. It's less greasy and actually soothes my eczema rashes. I found the Weledas to leave a greasy film but they are a lot cheaper so I use them for night-time moisturising under gloves.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
stardust thanks for the comparison. I was wondering how they compared. I like to use the Jurlique Calendula cream on my face so I think I will stick with that since the Weleda sounds too greasy.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo... I might just have to try Jurlique's. I am always in search of a good eczema calmer. Especially if you can use it on your face!

sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I have weleda skinfood, their calendula eczema comp. (different to calendula cream), Jurlique calendula cream too.

None really helped with eczema even though i don't have a severe case of it..

Skinfood had a rather herbal/mediciney funky scent, but scent is a personal thing i guess.

The eczema comp is a letdown though...
the skinfood was not moisturising enough either.

Jurlique calendula cream is pretty nice used as a winter occassional face moisturiser, it might be a "tiny bit" calming but I won't call it brilliant as a lot of reviews have said..
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I did not have a problem with the scent of Skin Food.

Next time, I will try Jurlique cream.Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I love the Weleda Skin Food, too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |