Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Cream Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I bought this from EDS a couple of orders ago (chosen because I wanted the handcream samples that came with it and the Cellcosmet GWP trial pack Laughing)

OK, lets start with the official company description of this baby:

RECOMMENDED TO:- Special anti-stress matifying cream mask.- All skin types.- Suitable for men’s skin.

ACTIONS:- The key ingredients in this cream's original formula are natural clays with matifying properties, as well as orange-flower and rose water. They act synergetically to softens and soothe the skin.
- A thorough and intensive moisturising* (*upper layers of epidermis) bath for the skin.
- Restores the natural moisture balance in dehydrated skin,
- Provides an immediate longlasting smoothness and freshness.
- Refines the skin’s texture.
- Smoothes features, improves complexion and leaves skin healthy and radiant.
- A textured cream for optimal skin comfort.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- To be applied on face and neck after an accurate cleansing with PURIFYING GEL and toning ACTIVE TONIC and ACTIVATOR GEL.
- Spread over the face and neck.
- Allow to act for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove with a flannel soaked in lukewarm water.
- Use 2 or 3 times a week.

MY COMMENTS:

TEXTURE: I will say this mask reminds me of the Decleor herbal clay mask and to some extend the Jurlique deep-something mask. However, this is more "refined" in texture and very creamy, though light.

It has a very pleasant light scent (a bit different to the "signature" Cellcosmet scent) and dries comfortably without any taughtness. After use, my face definately does have a matt finish but feels moist and soft. I really like the fact that if I "forget" to take it off for 40 mins (that is my record) then my skin is not worse for wear. (to clarify: I tend to sit at the EDS boards when doing a mask or peel Laughing)

I dont use this the recommended 2-3 times a week - nor do I use it on my neck. It only comes in a 50g jar and if used that frequently and also on the neck it would sure not last long. It is expensive so I want to enjoy it for a while.

Mine did not come in a box (perhaps because it was packaged very prettily in a little bag with my samples), so I dont actually have a list of ingredients for it. If I can come up with them I will add another post.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this before as well and thought it was a good mask that left my skin looking nice and healthy. It definitely left my face matte but without any drying feeling. This has clay in it so I expected it to be somewhat drying but it wasn't at all - it also never completely dried on my face like most clay masks do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love this mask. Like Mabsy said, this mask does not give drying feeling , which is very good for my skin that has a tendency to be very dry.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I recently received a sample of this mask from a spa. I was told that it could also be applied in a thin layer and left on overnight.

I did my normal cleansing and moisturising routine and then waited until I was ready for bed before I applied the anti-stress mask in a thin layer. It soaked in immediately and I went to sleep.

Great results the next morning. My skin looked hydrated, fresh and glowing. It also completely eliminated the redness in my skin.

Btw, the last time I had an IPL treatment, the Cellcosmet anti-stress mask was used after the treatment. It was very calming and soothing to my skin. Did my skin look it's best after that -- no, but it definitely looked better than it usually does after an IPL session. Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Now I really want to try a sample of this but I just placed my christmas order with EDS... Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Could l use on my oily skin Question
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I also have this mask and love it. I am sure it could be applied on oily skin as it has never caused me any problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I have just used this mask for the first time and loved it, my skin felt great after very moisturized. I first used Cellcosmet exfoliant and then the activator gel, I then left the mask on for 15 minutes.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the sample today! I thought if felt very nice and I would buy a full jar but I would not use it 2 or 3 times a week. Most likely, 1 a month. I can get very busy with work.

It felt nice when I applied it. It did not feel tight or greasy. Even my nose looked good (I can get oily T-zone area).
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the sample too,l just applied on my dehydrated area and left it overnight,the area is more moisturized day after Idea
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
i got a free trial sample with my lateset order
i can't wait to have a trial Rolling Eyes
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Valmont Renewing this week. Could any of you compare Valmont Renewing with Cellcosmet Anti-stress? How different on oily skin type? If you guys recommend it is worth the try, would like to buy for my Christmas gift by myself. I think I'm always trying making excuse to purchase more products.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Cellcosmet Mask and find it is suitable for oily skin but I also think the Valmont Purifying Pack is better for oily skin than the Valmont Renewing Pack. The Valmont Purifying Pack is another of my favourites.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
jeannie wrote:
I'm using Valmont Renewing this week. Could any of you compare Valmont Renewing with Cellcosmet Anti-stress? How different on oily skin type? If you guys recommend it is worth the try, would like to buy for my Christmas gift by myself. I think I'm always trying making excuse to purchase more products.

I have a sample of the Valmont Renewing Pack and have used it once so far. I thought that the results with the Anti-Stress Mask were a lot more dramatic. Of course, I'll have to test it out a couple more times, but that was my first impression.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
bushy, I think I should try Valmont Purifying, will include this item on my next order. Hope it work out well on my oily skin too. Thanks for your input.

tam, sounds tempting...thanks for your comments.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcomet Anti-Stress Cream Mask is worth a try
after reading the review. Thank you.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I am just doing some updating to older reviews I have done and wanted to do some advice on how this ended up for me.

Mine is just about gone now and I do not plan to repurchase. part of that is because i have reverted back to better ingredients, but also because whilst this mask felt nice and made my skin feel nice after use, I did not find any "wow" factor with it. I have quite a few similar, yet cheaper, masks that give the same effect. Maybe if I had used it 2-3 times a week it might have done something special(but tht would end up costing a LOT of $$$ and would mean never using any other mask... ::gasp:: )

Don't get me wrong, I AM glad I bought it, I just don't think I will repuchase any time soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input, tiger_tim. I'm so relieved to read your post. Laughing Because I was torn between Anti-stress and Valmont Purifying mask. Review about Anti-Stress sounds so tempting.

bushy, I received the Valmont Purifying mask a week ago (together with Cellcosmet Cream cleanser and etc..) which I ordered since the post above we talked about this. Have used 3 times so far. I really love it. I think I prefer this to Renewing. After use, felt my face (chin line) more lifted, had clear clog without any tightening feelings. The area above eyebrows (which looks always thick without any glow) looks thinner and softer. Just great, I am thinking I found another right one for me for my current status of facial skin. Seems it works much better for oily type. Thanks for your review. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
jeannie wrote:
Thanks for the input, tiger_tim. I'm so relieved to read your post. Laughing Because I was torn between Anti-stress and Valmont Purifying mask. Review about Anti-Stress sounds so tempting.

bushy, I received the Valmont Purifying mask a week ago (together with Cellcosmet Cream cleanser and etc..) which I ordered since the post above we talked about this. Have used 3 times so far. I really love it. I think I prefer this to Renewing. After use, felt my face (chin line) more lifted, had clear clog without any tightening feelings. The area above eyebrows (which looks always thick without any glow) looks thinner and softer. Just great, I am thinking I found another right one for me for my current status of facial skin. Seems it works much better for oily type. Thanks for your review. Very Happy

Maybe it depends on the season and your cycle? I am also torn between the two brands but I would not discourage anyone to try both. I would have to say that Cellcosmet mask made me look relaxed and Valmont left a bit of a dewy look. Both felt very nice, did not cause pimples, I think Valmont felt cold on my skin and there was no feeling with Cellcosmet.
I would say that Cellcosmet is good for only a once a month or once a week treatment for yourself.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I am surprised that everyone found this mask hydrating. I had the oppostie experience. I have slightly oily but dehydrated skin and this mask made my skin feel dry and tight. I also experienced some irritation from it which is nothing new for me.

I rarely use masks but I did notice that the Cellcosmet one has clay. I have a feeling that even though I have oily skin clay masks don't work well since my skin is easily dehydrated. Fortunatly, I tried a sample of this before I opened my full size. So I was able to sell the full sized one. Cool
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think moisture mask or hydration mask should be better than such kind of mask.For me ,hydrate skin should be more smooth and comfortable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
jeannie wrote:

Maybe it depends on the season and your cycle? I am also torn between the two brands but I would not discourage anyone to try both. I would have to say that Cellcosmet mask made me look relaxed and Valmont left a bit of a dewy look. Both felt very nice, did not cause pimples, I think Valmont felt cold on my skin and there was no feeling with Cellcosmet.
I would say that Cellcosmet is good for only a once a month or once a week treatment for yourself.

Skincare,

Thanks for your kind explanation; it is very helpful to clarify from my perspective. Only one concern about Clarifying Valmont is what I felt cold. I don't like almost every product I felt cold, i.e. gel type which I'm reluctant to use with the exception of Cellcosmet Gel cleanser. Great to know there is no feeling cold with Cellcosmet. Finally I can find a good excuse to purchase this! Laughing

TheresaL,

When I use mask which I had experienced feeling dehydrated/tight, I usually put on serum or ample (or use a light hydrating mask, which should not be too thick ) first, it help masks work out well for me in some cases. For me it seems to accelerate both effects which is not scientific, just from my experiences. Especially when it comes to masks for oily skin, it can happen often.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Whichever you pick to purchase, ask if you can get a sample of the other. That way you can compare.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
oh, good, next time i will ask for this sample.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just decided to order valmont renewing pack, now this one come into my eyes also.......... Confused what to do? maybe ask for samples first!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |