Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
How to enhance naturally wavy hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mandy
5% products discount

Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I am Asian and have naturally wavy hair. Not curly by any means, just a slight wave. Any tips on how to enhance the wave? What products will do this and give me shine. I don't want crunchy hair either. I've tried the sprays but they always make my hair crispy. I've also tried Aveda's Be Curly which is the best so far. Just wondering if there's anything out there I'm missing out on.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
ww.naturallycurly.com has lots of tips and a forum with lots of disussion of products.

it's like here but for hair... also, WAY more drama. Razz
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
There's a product called "Curls Rock", I think it's by Tigi (?), that I use sometimes which really helps to hold the wave. One word of warning though, you only need to use the tiniest amount of this product, too much and your hair goes really stiff - not the look I was hoping for for sure!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Bumble & Bumble Curl Creme is fab. I just work it into wet hair, after pressing the hair with a towel to take away the excess water. Then I wind my hair around and around into a few sections and leave them like that for 5 minutes or so.

I have a side parting, so I very gently arrange my hair into the side parting with my fingers after the 5 minutes are up, leaving it still curled around in the sections as much as possible.

After my hair has dried naturally (this helps cut down on frizz), I turn my head upside down and very gently run my fingers through it a little - only a little - to separate the curls/waves. This gets rid of any trace of crispiness - although the Bumble & Bumble is one of the least crispy styling cremes I've ever used.

Hope this helps!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I was just looking at some of these products in Space NK, they do look nice and smell gorgeous! I just ordered a load of MOP Glisten stuff, so am hoping that will be good for my hair too. May have to get some B&B afterwards to compare.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the naturallycurly link pustekuchen. What a great site. I finally find people with exactly the same kind of annoying, changeable hair as me. Maybe I'll find a solution. I'd given up on it a long time ago.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
yah, i have combo hair that is mostly 2c/3a.

i've found somethings that work for me, but because you have wavy asian hair, the texture is different and it might not work for you. with naturallycurly, you can hunt out people who have really similar hair to yours and then compare product use.

oh, also, epsom salts are in a LOT of curl products,it can be slightly drying, but a weak solution, like 1tsp in a cup or more of water makes a great curl enhancer... don't ask me why!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Everytime I get my hair cut/trimmed it really curls up! In time, the curls get weaker and weaker until I get it cut again... So I guess regular trims will definitely enhance curls! I bought a product at Ulta called FX curl amplifier. It was amazing, I loved it! Then I went to repurchase it and it was a new formula.. it even said on it new formula... They had both formulas on the shelf but I'm not exactly sure which one I liked and disliked as my original one didn't say anything on it. I'm guessing its the newer formula that I bought the first time... but at any rate its only like $4 and if you get the right one, it's the best curl creme I've ever found. Not crunchy but definitely added curls!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
A few years ago when I had my hair trimmed my hair stylest tried B&B's curling creme in my hair and I couldn't believe my hair could curl like that. Of course, she spend about 15 minutes getting it this way... something I don't have patience with. My hair is good in that it holds curl well or whatever I do to it and is what I would say borlerline naturally wavy-straight. But if I let it dry naturally, I get these little fuzzy curly things all over my head but the majority if my hair is straight and it looks bad. So if I wear it down I end up blow drying it to cancel out these fuzzy things.

I was so fasinated with the B&B creme that I bought it. I didn't use it much simply because I either wouldn't have the time to use it in the mornings. In a fast attempt to use it I would simply scrunch my hair as I dried it but this didn't look as good as when I would twist hair around my fingers.

I tried it on my mom's hair and she LOVES it. She has really short hair with natural wave and this stuff made her hair curly. It really brought it out.

And it feels very gentle and not at all crispy if you don't use too much. Defintiely worth a try!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
You mean, if I put a little epsom salt into my bath and dunk my head in it while bathing, my curly waves will be emphasized? Is epsom salt bad for the hair?
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
i wouldn't do it that way.

i have a spray bottle/mister thing that i put the weak solution in and then i spray it on.

also, just the way my curl pattern is, my hair gets curlier as it gets longer. it needs the length to complete the loops.

my hair is fairly curly now, and it's just between below shoulders and bra strap length.
raine
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
use a bit of styling products and it will do the trick Smile makes hair glossy and holds the curls well without stiffness or stickyness.

try the TIGI range. alternatively, try sebastian potion 9 for leave in and it works great as well. my personal favourite is this brand called EES which holds well and adds shine. if you want a bit more hold with lots of shine, try nexus kerastyler.
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
hehe this is going to come off stupid.. but i have thin hair which looks wavy.. and to keep it wavy - on top of getting a digital perm once a year - i wait til my hair is half dry - and then i braid it .. Smile (don't tie it at the bottom though). as it dries, the braid kind of falls apart, and you get a pretty nice wave..
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I wish that would work for me! When I tried plaiting my damp hair, it just went incredibly frizzy when I undid it afterwards. Crying or Very sad
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
majorb- i wait til my hair has dried a bit - and then i section my hair into four parts - and make four braids

if you make a thick braid as opposed to several small think braids, it shouldnt be frizzy Smile also make sure its not too tight
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |