Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skincare confusion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum. OK, let me start off. I'm 32, my skin is quite dry, especially in the wintertime, and it tends to be flaky (the climate where I live tends to be quite harsh). But still, I get the occasional breakouts on the chin, and some of them are quite painful. Elsewhere, my skin is clear and my pores next to invisible. I have no lines or wrinkles yet, but guess I should start thinking about prevention yet.

These days I use mainly Decleor. The cleansing cream for dry skin, the Nutri-délice Ultranourishing Cream, and Angelique Nightbalm. In addition the MD Formulations Antioxidant Eyecream. My beautician also told me to use MD Formulations Facial Cream, to improve the moisture levels and clear breakouts, but I haven't been using it for the last month or so. In addition, I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant twice a week or so. I cannot use it more often, since it seems to be a bit drying.

I want my skin to get less dry, and I want to get rid of the breakouts. What should I consider using? I prefer MD, Decleor or Dermalogica.

-Nemi-
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Do you find that the Dermatologia Daily Microfoliant is TOO drying for you?
Mabsy

Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Nemi,

I would suggest the addition of the Aromessence Angelique oil under the Angelique Balm for extra moisturisation. Also, if you are finding the Microfoliant drying, then I would suggest you get a sample of a manual-type scrub. I'm a big fan of the PTR Buffing Beads. Another thing you could do is use a moisturising mask every few days. The Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery mask is really good (if you don't mind having an orange coloured mask on your face for 20 minutes or so Smile).

Mabsy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! I have a few samples of the Angelique Oil at home, so might try it out. I have used the Rose d'Orient earlier, but stopped using it when I started using the MD Facial Cream. Couldn't figure out which order to use them in...

And yes, the DM is a bit drying, but OK when used twice a week.

But I have a dillemma: I have a full tube of Intensive Moisture Balance in the closet, and am considering buying the Ultracalming Cleanser, so that I can use those when the weather gets warmer, when the Decleor Ultranourishing will be too much? Is that a good idea, or should I continue using Decleor also for spring&summer?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |