Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Relax-A-Line vs. BrowTox
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I finished my sample of ADCE about 10 days ago or so, and I am (happily/sadly) noticing the difference without it. (I used it on my forehead lines and 11's.)

I'm tempted to jump in and order a full bottle, but my inner consumer tells me to try other products, first.

Now I'm deciding between Relax-A-Line and BrowTox. I've done a quick comparison and other than price (Relax-A-Line is cheaper), the main difference appears to be the other ingredients (i.e. other than AH3 and Hyaluronic Acid). BrowTox also contains curare extract and galangal root extract, both of which seem to also tackle lines.

Are these additional ingredients in BrowTox effective?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered some Brow Tox from EDS and have asked if they could possibly include a sample of Relax-a-Line. If so, I'm hoping to do a comparison too.

I'd also be interested to know the opinions of others.

Must admit that I do love my ADCE, though, like you!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both, am using browtox right now. They feel very similar to me.

majorb, I just sent you a pm.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the pm, fifi, hope my answer helps.

And thanks also for the Brow Tox/Relax-a-Line comparison. That's a big help. Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Yes, thank you! BTW, I have also tried the Cellularskinrx Relax Plus with vialox, and I think it's a little stronger than either the Browtox or the Relaxaline. It's twice the price effectively though, as it's a very small bottle, and I'm not sure if the difference is worth the extra money.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Decided to try Relax-a-Line for now and just placed my order. So excited!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried Browtox, but I love, love, love Relax-a-line. It has done wonder for my forehead lines, and made my "11s" disappear. Hope you get the results you want.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I so wish to love all PSF products but the BrowTox does nothing for me Sad
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately me neither Sad
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you all posted about this, as I'm close to the end of my first Browtox bottle and was on the fence as to whether to get a second bottle or try something new. I have been happy with the results, but of course there's always the question of "Is there something just a little bit better to try?"

Lori, is this the Relax-A-Line product that you use?

http://www.cellularskinrx.com/products_topicalbotox.html

Reason I'm asking is I keep thinking there are two versions...the regular Relax-A-Line and something like "Relax-A-Line with Vialox". If they are one in the same, my apologies for the stupid question! Laughing

But if you don't mind letting me know what you use, I'd appreciate it! If I decide to try it, I want to use the exact product you've been raving about!

Mary Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
There are two products and they are different. One, the Relax-A-Line is the 10% argeriline (acetyl hexapeptide) formula with Hyaluronic acid as the base.

The Relax Plus with Vialox uses pentapeptamide-3 (peptide engineered to act like curare)to relax muscles in a much, much higher concentration. It is also much more expensive. ($42 vs. $24)

I like the Relax-A-Line around my eyes and for vertical lip lines and the Vialox formula for the more stubborn "11" between my eyes and on my horizontal forehead lines.

One bottle of Relax-A-Line lasts me about 4-5 months. One Vialox kit lasts me about 8 weeks.

You can get both at CellularSkinRx.com (they just had them on special this past weekend) or get them here on EDS.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cool Beans!

I love all this information!

I was wanting to try the ACDE but maybe I will go for Relax-A-Line instead as it seems cheaper and perhaps a better place for me to start.

Thanks again! Very Happy
weaholt
5% products discount

Tue May 02, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Relax-a-Line for over a month now and haven't really noticed a difference. I like the way i makes my skin feel tighter after applicaiton, but that's about it for me! Sad
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing up the difference between the two, Betterat40 (love your screen name, as I'm turning 40 in 2 months!)! I like the idea of using both products: the stronger one would go on my "11" and the regular Relax-A-Line elsewhere. And it sounds like the products last awhile, which is a plus!

Again, much appreciate the info!

Mary Smile
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing! Very useful coz I just find some small lines on my forehead:(
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
im guessing these dont lift/firm the skin - just helps with fine lines. Im looking for a brow lift effect. Smile

thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |