Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: The Organic Pharmacy Rose Facial Cleansing Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Let me start by saying that if you do not want to read a total story about this product, please do not read any further. You and your credit card HAVE been warned.

Price & Size:
£29.95 for a 100ml pump bottle (that is close to US$55 I think) OK, yes, that is expensive (but no more than Cellcosmet) BUT as the shipping was international, I got it VAT free, which brought it down to £25.49 (or around $47)

(Sidebar: Flat-rate shipping from their website theorganicpharmacy.com for up to 2kg international is £10.00, but after VAT is taken off it was £8.51 (about $15.50)

Use:
This cleanser is for all skin types and intended for morning use (instructions say to avoid the eye area and it is not for make-up removal I would say). The instructions say to mix a small amount of cleanser (I do 4 or 5 pumps - about the size of a domed dime - for face and neck with water and apply to damp skin. I usually just spash my face first and then massage directly on. You massage for a few minutes and rinse off (preferably with a damp muslin cloth for a deeper cleanse). The cloth is important as one ingredient is olive oil and I feel just spashing with warm/tepid water does not rinse everything off.

Comment:
There is only ONE word for this cleanser: GORGEOUS. It is to die for. I challenge anyone to use it and hate it. Seriously. The skin is left feeling cleansed, soft, almost moisturized. In fact, in moist weather (or for oilier skins) you could get away without moisturizer on top (or just a serum or sunscreen). I wont even start on the smell... I am not an avid rose fan, but this is.. well, simply heaven.

I now use this every single morning and my Cellcosmet gel cleanser/activator gel in the evenings. I only like to use my Cellcosmet cleanser when I follow with the activator, so if it is really late (or I am lazy) or I am about to do a peel I use this in the evening as well. My search for the perfect morning cleanser is over.

From the box:
Free from artificial:
* preservatives
* colorants
* fragrances
* petrochemicals
* JUST pure organice extracts

* Rose purifies refreshes & fights free radicals
* Gentle olive oil cleanser leaves skin soft without dryness
* Aloe & Marigold calm & repair

Ingredients:
Aqua, Vegetable Glycerin, Cocoamidopropyl betaine, Sodium Olive oil amphoacetate, *Aloe leaf juice, Calendula officinalis extract, *Rosa Damascena extract, *Citrus Grandis, *Rosa Canina fruit oil (Rose Hip), Algin, Caragreen, Xantham Gum, *Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, *Pelargonium flower oil (Rose geranium), Tocopherol (Vit. E), Ascorbyl palmitate (Vit. C), Geraniol
* Denotes certified organic.

I wonder if we could get this range stocked on EDS (I think the brand is sold in Hong Kong as well)
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Let me start by saying that if you do not want to read a total story about this product, please do not read any further. You and your credit card HAVE been warned.

Well, that's just not fair - how could I possibly resist reading on after that opener Laughing !
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you like this as much as I do!
I agree it is gorgeous!

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Don't get me started lusting again!

Is this cleanser OK to use around the eye area, does it take off waterproof mascara and will it sting?

I emailed them during the week and asked if they send out samples, I got a reply and they said they'd sent me a sample which should have arrived by now. I don't know what it is.

I must use some of my old stuff before I splurge on this range though.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I only use it in the morning (use Dr H cleanser to remove make up followed by Cleansing Cream in the evening though I am thinking of trying the OP Rose & Chamomile cleanser instead, though I will not be parted from my Dr H cleansing cream Very Happy ).
Anyway, I use the Rose Cleansing Gel around my eyes no problem in the morning - no stinging -I like to clean my whole face to freshen up even if I've not had much on my skin at night (just the OP Anti oxidant gel and PSF Stimucoll usually) I find it helps remove any residue from night treatments. I'll see what its like at removing a light make up tonight and report back! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I could have SWORN that on something I read to avoid the eye area with this. That is why I said it up above. But I just checked the box, bottle and website and it does not say that anywhere. Oh, that is GOOD.

AH.. OK, I found it!! The order comes with a BEAUTIFUL 100-page product guide book and on page 16 which is the Rose gel it specificially says "Avoid the eye area".

Additional Guidebook information:
Thoroughly cleans and refresh the skin with this ultra gentle foaming cleanser. Rose purifies and fights free radicals whilst marigold and aloe gently condition and calm the skin. rose hip, rich in essential fatty acides and antioxidants, boost the skins kipid content and maintains moisture levels. Bilberry is rich in antioxidant anthrocyanidins for a healthy glowing complexion.

How to use:
* Morning
* Add a little water to the gel in hands and massage onto a damp face
* avoid the eye area
* remove with muslin soaked in hand hot water.

OK, I would just like to say again that the muslin removal is important I think. Also, it is not "foaming" as such, it is almost like emulsifying. It becomes a kind of white creamy substance as you massage with the water.

Hope the extra info helps!

The guide book is awesome as it provides info on the full range of products (not just skin care), company philosophy, why to go organic, what chemicals to avoid and why and also about their salon treatments. Up until about six months ago, I had done my best to not buy products that contained parabens,artificial fragrance, formaldehye precursors, sulfates of any kind, but in the end gave up and just try for ones that have only a little because I could never find a range that I felt actually DID something for my skin. Now I have been discovering the likes of Organic Pharmacy, Juice Beauty, and Osea I am starting to think of going back to that way of thinking.. but I would first have to wean myself of IS Clinical and Cellcosmet ( wonder how remergent stands on additives.. Laughing )

Oh yes, and the guidebook comes with an insert listing all prices, as well as additinoal products available at their pharmacy - which are: Paul Penders, Dr. Hauschka, Aubrey Organics, Lavera, Living Nature, and Jane Iredale.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Drool Drool Drool .

I should have heeded the warning. Now I simply must try these products too - and they're a UK company!

By the way, if you look through the Organic Pharmacy product info, a couple of the face products have gotu kola in, which I think is the same as the centella asiatica which is in IS Clinical. Still want those too though Embarassed .
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I should've heeded the warning, too. Brick wall

Drool Drool Drool

This is the reason I love y'all here to bits and hate you at the same time!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Bad Grin Bad Grin Ah, my work is done... Laughing

Don't worry, I do have a few YUK reviews to write, just been putting them off as it is more fun to write RAVES Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, I enjoy the YUK reviews almost as much as I enjoy the YUM reviews, so let's have it!^-^ (Plus the YUK reviews are easier on my wallet, LOL!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
What is a YUK review? I checked the frequently used acronyms post and couldn't find it. I'm trying to figure it out, I feel like an idiot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
YUK as in yuck.. yucky.. me no likey. Laughing

(note to self: do not make up own language Laughing )
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I thought it stood for something.. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what three words Y. U. K could be... LoL.. I get it now

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
damn more things to buy Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is there an Organic Pharmacy outlet in Australia? Cheers!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |