Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Need Some Lip Gloss Recommendations...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well ladies, in case you haven't heard the bad news, I've developed a weird allergy to maxi-lip. So, that means I've had to get rid of almost ALL of my lip glosses!! Waaaaah!! Actually, I think the only lip glosses I have left are my Dessert Beauty and Lip Venom ones. They're great, but I still would like more of a selection--- does anyone have any good ones to recommend? Here are my criteria: I prefer wands, or other kinds where I don't have to get my fingers sticky on the go. AND I prefer a fruity or sweet smell--- I don't like chemically-smelling glosses. And of course, extra shiny and non-sticky are bonuses. What a tall order, right? Any ideas?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I still like lip smackers. Not the original ones for gloss but the ones called Roll-on Shiner or Lip Sparkler, which is NOT sparkly like glittery but more of sparkly like shiny. It's got a wand, its not too sticky (one of the less stickier ones) and it smells fabulous. I like the watermelon one. It's got aloe and shea butter in it too. Here's the link, but I find mine at Walgreens. I probably have over fifty lipglosses, this is one of my favorites. http://www.smackers.com/lipsparkler/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz!

I did read your other post about the allergy...and "waaaah!" is right! What a bummer that you have to get rid of your glosses... Sad But of course, you know you'll get a ton of recommendations and soon your makeup drawer will runneth over once again!

I really like the Sugar "Pump 'Em Up" glosses. They go on nicely (I think), the colors are pretty, and I personally love the sugary-vanilla smell! I have a set of 12 mini-glosses, and if you would like one, please PM me (I have several in the pack I haven't even used yet).

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I really like my Rosie Jane...but it is a bit pricy in my book.

It doesn't come with a wand, but you don't need to get your fingers sticky coz it comes in a tube:) It is the least sticky gloss I've ever tried, goes on smoothly and tastes and smells sweet and yummy. It gives a nice wet gloss look, without it being too much. I have "Hot Pink", but don't think it's THAT pink...

bummer about the allergy - hope you're ok!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I got some clear ones from walmart recently. They's New York Colour and they are absolutely non-sticky. I've never had a lipgloss from a wand so smooth. I added some pure luxe mineral shadows and blushes and made my own colours...worked well, and only $3

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bees Lip Shimmers (especially the Nutmeg one). Very Happy
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Trish McEvoy and MAC.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I almost forgot...Morgen Schick lip glosses. They're available super cheap right now on the Home Shopping Network. I'm so jealous that we have to pay more for them in Canada. Sad
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
My favourites are Dior Ultra Addict (151) and MaxFactor lipgloss! They both go on smoothly and aren't icky at all! The Dior one is sweet Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
The new Sally Hansen Lip Inflation isn't bad. It meets your criteria. Smile I am never without a Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss-- super shiny, not sticky, but is really benign as far as smell goes. It has no smell/ taste. I also love the CO Bigelow mentha lip shines from Bath and Body Works. They are super shiny and taste like peppermint. They come in a few different shades although I've only used the clear. I recently bought the "ultra" one. It's very very very minty.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks guys! What would I do without you? Very Happy Now I've got a nice list of glosses to try--- I'm gonna start out with the Sugar glosses and Bonne Bell--- I'll let you guys know how it goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
It's not a wand, but a clicky pen - Stila Lip Glaze. Smells lovely a fruity, great colours, stays pretty well on the lips, glossy and looks brilliant.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been really tempted to try Too Faced's Box of Pink Chocolates--- something about a palette of 30 lip gloss colors that I can mix to my heart's content is really appealing.^_^ Has anyone else tried it yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Nars glosses, also Scott Barnes and Dior as well, hths.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't much like MAC ones, especially the Glass. I bought it because of the rave reviews but I found it to be disgustingly sticky and gooey. Plus the tube leaked on the end side (it tore a bit, and I hadn't done anything! hmm)

My latest gloss purchase was Bobbi Brown, which so far I have liked very much. It stays on well, too. The shine lasts even after a sandwich and coffee. It also comes with a brush, which makes application easy.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Dior Ultra Addict.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Stila lipglazes for nice glossy shine and fruity scents. Plus such a wide range to pick from.. I have about 30 of these.

Armani lip shimmers are nice too, they are almost a gel consistency so it's not as sticky.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Update: During my recent trip to Sephora I took the plunge and bought Too Faced's Box of Pink Chocolates lip gloss palette. It's a really nice palette of 20 glosses that all smell like chocolate. It has a very lovely variety of colors-- peaches, pinks, browns, nudes, berries, etc, so this is the perfect palette for people who like to mix custom colors. I really love it!!^_^ I'm going to try other glosses that were recommended too, so stay tuned for updates!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Liz, I was just in ULTA yesterday and was SO eyeballing that Box of Pink Chocolates! Glad to hear it was a worthwhile purchase...the colors looked gorgeous, and I love chocolate so I may be sold on this one!

Speaking of chocolate, didn't you post about another chocolate-flavored gloss you liked? Something-or-other ganache...can you refresh my fuzzy memory with what the name was? I just remember it sounded yummy...

Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Mary! The chocolate lip balm you're thinking of is called Ganache for Lips. It's made with real, high-quality chocolate, so it's definitely the best-smelling balm I own. It feels really luxurious on your lips too. Hard to believe it's only like, $4, right? At that price, I totally stocked up! My fave flavor is Mocha (I admit it, I'm a mocha addict), but chocolate mousse and chocolate raspberry are also awesome. You can order these at katescaringgifts.com. If you end up getting one, let me know what flavor you decide on!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz! Well...I went to the site and they had a deal for 3 of the Ganache for Lips for $10.50, so how could I just get one?? Laughing Anyway, I got the three flavors you recommended (choc. raspberry, choc. mousse and mocha)...can't wait to try 'em all out!

Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Yay!! I really hope you like them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure I will! It's funny...I haven't used flavored glosses for YEARS, now all of the sudden I'm really seeking them out again. Between my Lip Smackers, Sugar glosses and now this Ganache, I think I've got the spectrum of different tastes almost covered!

Mary Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Hi again Mary! The chocolate lip balm you're thinking of is called Ganache for Lips. It's made with real, high-quality chocolate, so it's definitely the best-smelling balm I own. It feels really luxurious on your lips too. Hard to believe it's only like, $4, right? At that price, I totally stocked up! My fave flavor is Mocha (I admit it, I'm a mocha addict), but chocolate mousse and chocolate raspberry are also awesome. You can order these at katescaringgifts.com. If you end up getting one, let me know what flavor you decide on!^-^

I should never have stumbled upon this. Now I want those lip balms. Do they taste good too?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I personally think they taste great! They are 100% natural (no animal ingredients for the vegetarian ladies out there!), so they don't have the artificial sweetener in them that gives Bonne Bell and her sisters their sweet taste, but because of the real chocolate in it, they have a faint, rich, chocolatey taste. (My husband loves it when I wear it!^-^)

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |