Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dark spots
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I just read some of your posts and I think that it is a great forum for people who are taking care of their skin.
So, I do have a skin problem and I keep buying skin products but without results and I was thinking that maybe someone on this forum can help me.In the last 10 years I have dark spots on my face, on my upper lip, on my forehad and on under my eyes.I did everything, I used for years one gel from Neostrata who has 4% glycolic acid but even the spots are lighter, they were not removed.I found out that the glycolic acid made may face more dry so for two weeks I use cellular cream from Swissline and for my eyes,cellcosmet cream.For sure I will buy next time cellcosmet for may face too, but I don't know what to do about my brown spots.I haver to use foundation every day, but even with that I can see the brown spots.So, if anyone can help me, please do so.
Mabsy

Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Doinita,

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Have you thought about trying SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel? It's supposed to be a gentle way of fading brown spots. I have not used it myself (yet) but I've heard good reviews about it. If you use the search function above and search through the old product reviews I'm sure you'll come across a few. That way you can see how it worked for other people (or if).

Mabsy
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Masby and thanks for your reply.I couldn't find any post about the SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel and I found instead about melasma which can be treated with MSN.Does anybody know how I can buy this product?And, another question, why the products from Asia seems to be better than the products from Europe or North America.Any input will help me alot.
angela
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking MSM for about 2 months now and I feel my skin becomes brighter. You may want to look for it at local pharmacy. Let me know if you still cannot find it. Good luck !
Mabsy

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by doinita
Hi Masby and thanks for your reply.I couldn't find any post about the SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel

Ooops! Sorry Doinita! I meant to say the Skinceuticals Phyto+. Sorry *blushes*

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello Doinita,

You''ll get lots of help on this forum don't worry, there are always solutions to fix skin woes so feel free to ask !Wink

Just wondering are you also using a good protective sunscreen or sunblock in your skin care regime ? You're using really good products but it's important to have a 'protector' product too especially if you're exposing yourself to the sun quite a bit.

I've learnt that brown spots or melasma is quite common for women aged between 20 - 40 years and they occur on the forehead, cheeks and upper lips. In the summer, these brown spots become more visible due to sun exposure and it's recommended that you use a very high SPF sunblock or sunscreen to protect and prevent the spots from progressing. Even in winter, UV rays can be reflected off the snow and can do just about the same amount of damage !!

Melasma seems to be more common in people with darker skins, and it occurs frequently to women during pregnancy. That's why it's often dubbed the 'mask of pregnancy'. It is also known to be a side effect of taking the contraceptive pill. I think that's why I have had a few freckle-like spots crop up in the last year or so. Sad

Also the use of deodorant soaps, scented toiletries, and various cosmetics can also cause melasma. This happens when UV radiation is absorbed by the chemical substance (perfume, cologne and other types of fragrance) on the skin and is this is called a phototoxic reaction. It is not surprising that there is such a growing market for whitening and bleaching products, AHAs, chemical peels and laser resurfacing.

So it's really important to start at basics first with a good sunblock... If you don't have one yet, I really recommend Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF30. It's a big skin umbrella to me, a real saviour.

If you cover up with a foundation, there are those which have an SPF in them, such as Clarins Extra Firming Foundation SPF10 or Bobby Brown Moisture Rich SPF15. At the moment, I'm looking into loose mineral foundations as they are known to offer great coverage and also have a natural sunscreen built into the product !

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Doinita !

I remembered rewiews about the Skinceuticals Phyto + serum being an effective product in breaking up melanin deposits.... I don't know if you have used the Skinceuticals systems before but according to a lot of the members on this forum they are an exceptional range if you're looking for a results-based product. The Phyto + serum on it's own is $CAD77.00 but I just saw that it's sold in a kit called the Skinceutical 'Maintain' kit for $CAD235.00. For five concentrated full sized products that's excellent value. Surprised

My mum has melasma also due to pregnancy and sun exposure over the years and I was thinking of ordering this kit for her so I thought I would point that out as you were wondering about treatment products for melasma also ! Very Happy

Summertimegirl x
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl and thanks for sharing with me some of your knowledge.I used cream with sun SPF 15 or 30, I use make up and now I stop using creams or make-up with sun protection because i want my face to have a break.It seems I have to buy my make up with sunscreen.On this forum I read that if you wear make up, even it is not with SPF, your skin will be protected against UV.I never used skinceuticals products and I will try to see how it works.Also, I read about triluma, a cream from US, which has good results with melasma but I can not find it in Canada.So, I don't know yet what I am going to do, but I am sick of my brown spots.Thanks again
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |