Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why arent the whites of my eyes very white?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Over the past couple of months the whites of my eyes look more of an off white rather than white.Does anyone know why this could be? Do I need a liver detox or something? I hate it because I like that clear eyed healthy look and to me it makes me look like I'm not that healthy.I exercise one day, yoga the next, and keep alternating days I do both during the week. I drink heaps of water and try to eat well though probably could eat more vegies.
I have to say I could sleep better sometimes. Even though I'm not stressed or particularly worried about anything some nights I'm still awake at 2-3 in the morning and then I'm up at 8! So maybe its this.I go to bed feeling tired but it can take forever to nod off.This happens about 3 times a week.
Any feedback would be appreciated Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I really don't know the answer but all I can suggest is that if you have not seen your doctor in a while, then perhaps it may be time for a checkup and full blood count test.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
could be that you need some sort of mineral supplements... You could go see a homeopath/biopath?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it's the tiny little capillaries in your eyes making them look less white? I wear contacts for many hours each day (blind as a bat) and I certainly get that.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I have heard (though never tried) that a juice fast, or a fast of some sort, rewhitens the white of the eyes. I've never looked for this on me, now I'm gonna go look in the mirror and probably freak out about my whites not being white enough...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Maybe it's the tiny little capillaries in your eyes making them look less white? I wear contacts for many hours each day (blind as a bat) and I certainly get that.

mmm...there are some little veins showing-what causes that i wonder?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I think any kind of irritation can cause it, I certainly have more showing at the end of the day than I do first thing.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
ditto to seeing a doctor just to be safe.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
This is an interesting question!! First of all if you have a light blue tinge over the sclera (white part) it means you have a lot of Candidia in your body. That is a parasitic yeast that we all have in our bodies in some proportion. It is something you really dont want to have and I would advise going to a Naturopath or to a health food store. You can do your own research on the topic to see what lifestyle tips you can follow and products that really work well. I think it is a very common problem and it takes a lot of time to heal. I too have struggled with this problem and the best thing is to take it seriously, cut out the sugar, the refined flour, etc. Once you start to kill the candidia (you feel even worse) then after a few months you suddenly feel better.

If you have dark spots in your sclera in different areas, that is very common for people who have some type of parasite in their bodies!! No need to panic but most people have some type in the intestines. Look at households with pets, little kids, etc. Parasites are so easy to get. You can go to the doctor to get tested (doctors can only pick up some of the parasites) a Naturopath is also good because they have tests that are more directed to parasites that MD dont test for.

If there is a yelow hue to the sclera, depending where that indicates poor liver/gallbladder functioning. This is usually poor assimulation of fatty foods. THis is easy enough to remedy...do a liver detox and take mild thistle for a long period of time.

Also swedish bitters are great because they increase the digestion and help the liver break down fats.

I hope this is helpful and not too complicated.
In regard to the iris of the eye that is more based on Iridology, and you really need to go to someone specifically trained.
Feliz
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:

Sad I have the same problem. Aghggh! it really bothers me, because my eyes are really one of my better features. Plus, my eyes are big, so it's very noticeable and sometimes I look very tired or worn out when I'm really not. I wear contacts, but it actually doesn't seem to help that much when I wear glasses etc. And I wake up with the same red capillaries after a long night of good sleep Crying or Very sad Hope they invent something for it! (that doesn't hurt the eyes on a longer basis)

Sorry if this was slightly off topic, but it's so depressing.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
My daughter was told by her Eye Doctor is was from the sun and she should where a good pair of sun glasses summer and winter. UV damage ladies. Sad Certainly the whites of your eyes getting darker, not as bright or yellow can also be a health issue. But, for the healthy person it could very well be from the sun.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
This is an interesting question!! First of all if you have a light blue tinge over the sclera (white part) it means you have a lot of Candidia in your body. That is a parasitic yeast that we all have in our bodies in some proportion. It is something you really dont want to have and I would advise going to a Naturopath or to a health food store. You can do your own research on the topic to see what lifestyle tips you can follow and products that really work well. I think it is a very common problem and it takes a lot of time to heal. I too have struggled with this problem and the best thing is to take it seriously, cut out the sugar, the refined flour, etc. Once you start to kill the candidia (you feel even worse) then after a few months you suddenly feel better.

If you have dark spots in your sclera in different areas, that is very common for people who have some type of parasite in their bodies!! No need to panic but most people have some type in the intestines. Look at households with pets, little kids, etc. Parasites are so easy to get. You can go to the doctor to get tested (doctors can only pick up some of the parasites) a Naturopath is also good because they have tests that are more directed to parasites that MD dont test for.

If there is a yelow hue to the sclera, depending where that indicates poor liver/gallbladder functioning. This is usually poor assimulation of fatty foods. THis is easy enough to remedy...do a liver detox and take mild thistle for a long period of time.

Also swedish bitters are great because they increase the digestion and help the liver break down fats.

I hope this is helpful and not too complicated.
In regard to the iris of the eye that is more based on Iridology, and you really need to go to someone specifically trained.
Feliz

Thats interesting, I've always wanted to go to an iridologist(spelling?) Funnily enough the last two days my eyes look the clearest they've looked for awhile. Only thing im doing different the past few days is practicing to breathe properly.I noticed lately how shallow my breathing is,very shallow like my stomach and chest barely move so I've been making a conscious effort to breath properly using the abdomen like we're meant to. I dont know if thats why my eyes look better but i sure feel better for it Very Happy
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Great that your eyes feel/look better after breathing properely! There are some good tips and explainations here Smile But do they also count for very visible red capilliaries? (For instance the sun damage)
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 3:53 am      Reply with quote
have you tried an eye bath? i dont know if it would help make your eye-whites whiter, but they do help freshen up your eyes.. if it doesn't look any better, it sure does feel a lot fresher Smile i think this would be best for those suffering from tired eyes
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that when I have a good night sleep, my eye-whites are whiter.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Thats it I am going to be out buying Milk Thistle!!! Shock Laughing
Great thread Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
If it is at all yellow tinged you should go to an MD for a liver panel test. There are several things that can causr liver function deterioration and some are minor but could be major if you leave them. Supplements can also color your eye whites such as eating many carrots or beta carotene (there's also an anti-oxidant As.... that can cause a yellowish color).

Good luck.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this is weird... What do I see? Clear white eyes! Shock Usually there are very visible thick red lines in my eyes. I have done nothing unusual (I even drank alot of alcohol last night and am wearing contacts and make up today). BUT I have started taking Hydraplenish HA tabs. Coincedence? I have no idea... But I hope it lasts! Very Happy

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Somedays my eyes look good and others they're a bit dull looking.I have noticed though at the start of the day they're much clearer and brighter than the end of the day(if I've slept well that is)
Ziggy what are those tablets for that you mention?
Thanks Very Happy
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Somedays my eyes look good and others they're a bit dull looking.I have noticed though at the start of the day they're much clearer and brighter than the end of the day(if I've slept well that is)
Ziggy what are those tablets for that you mention?
Thanks Very Happy

Oh, it's just the HA capsules i started taking for plumper lips, (originally they are meant for joint support and better skin). If you want to know more, search the forum for the original long thread "Eureka". HTH.

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |