Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ingredients Experts -Opinions on this Glycolic Acid Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
starkers
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if I could get your opinions on this product. I don't have alot of money, but want to do something. I have heard that the loreal one won't do much. I've seen this one in the local chemist, it's not overly priced and I don't have to buy it off the internet (something I've never done before and am a little worried about).

It's called John Plunkett Eventone Glyco Peel

Here are the ingredients list as per the website:

Glycolic Acid 25%
Nature's wonder AHA which quickly and effectively exfoliates away the skin's outer layer of old, dull cells, allowing replacement with rejuvenated younger looking skin.

Lactokine 5%
Consists of skin cell messengers which can stimulate cell regenerative function and correct imbalances. Its excellent protective and anti inflammatory action counteracts any irritation induced from the exfoliating action the glycolic acid.

Aloe Vera Gel 10%
Provides a high degree of soothing hydration for the newly exposed skin cells to complete the revitalization process.

I am currently using Ultraceuticals Ultra Sheer Vitamin C Cream (I'm not sure if that's the exact name). yes, I splashed out on this one, hehe. I seem to be getting "brighter"

My remaining issues are: very deep furrows in brow (using scotch tape on these at the moment, hehe - my husband looks and laughs), my pores are large, but have decreased a bit since doing OCM and Homemade Dr H, fine lines and skin discolouration due to hyperpigmentation and scars.

I hope to eventually get a professional peel done, but until then I'd like to give an at home treatment a shot.

Kylie
starkers
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I have dark circles too, hehe. I sound soooo attractive don't I?

Kylie
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Starkers,

Do you know the Ph of the product by chance? It is crucial to have a properly formulated product in order for it to be effective. Are you looking for drugstore items? Are there any salons/dermatologist office near you? MD Forte is a great physician based line that contains glycolic acid. As for drugstore, Alpha Hydroxy comes to mind. I've never heard of the product you mentioned. Perhaps other members from your area will comment if they know of the product.

HTH
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
How's the scotch tape working for you? Sounds as if it would work like home-made frownies if you can get it to stick properly.
starkers
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
The scotch tape is working. My lines are less pronounced, I've been doing it whenever I'm by myself or at night. It looks great as soon as I take it off, but it does relax some. I'm guessing you have to keep up with it to as it's a cumlative affect. I just worry about suffocating my skin there.

Here is the link to the product in question. It doesn't mention Ph level. How could I find that out? I guess I'd have to buy it and then use litmus paper to know for sure? What Ph is good for this type of product?

http://www.johnplunkett.com.au/pages/eventone/glyco.htm
Kylie
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |