Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eminence and Ilike from Szep elet Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
organicesty

Thu May 04, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am currently researching these 2 lines. Anyone ever try either or know anything about them? Also, the difference between the two companies. I'm confused because they seem to have the same products and it looks like they come from the same makers. Thanks for your help,
Desiree
ProductMan
5% products discount

Thu May 04, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I've used several Eminence products and last week had an Eminence Five Elements facial. I've never heard of the other company. Currently, I'm using their Stone Crop Hydrating Gel, Sugar Plum Oil-Free Revitalizing Moisturizer, Herbal Eye Cream, and some of their masks.

If you have any specific questions, I can ask my friends at the local store where I buy them and get back to you.
ProductMan
5% products discount

Thu May 04, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I just visited the Ilike from Szep elet Organics website. I saw the name Ilcsi on the website, which is the company that formerly produced Eminence products. Like you said, the products look identical. They talk about manufacturing since 1958, the same year Eminence uses in their literature. My guess is there's a story here, but it probably has little to do with what's in the jars.
organicesty

Thu May 04, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. Through reading on here some of the older posts, I guess Eminence is no longer manufactured through ilci, but somehow must be using the same ingredients from Hungary. Well, I guess theres more to it, but I will order some products and try them out. Anyone use the lemon cleanser? Any places online that sell cheaper besides ebay? I have a license and wonder if some place will offer a discount of some sort Question
Syr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
organicesty wrote:
Anyone use the lemon cleanser? Any places online that sell cheaper besides ebay? I have a license and wonder if some place will offer a discount of some sort Question

Looking too for some online store, possibly european and with good prices. Unlike other brands, Eminence products arent discounted much on ebay Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
ProductMan wrote:
I just visited the Ilike from Szep elet Organics website. I saw the name Ilcsi on the website, which is the company that formerly produced Eminence products. Like you said, the products look identical. They talk about manufacturing since 1958, the same year Eminence uses in their literature. My guess is there's a story here, but it probably has little to do with what's in the jars.

Yes this is correct. I was actually the person who posted this, I believe. And this information was provided by ilcsi sales person.

I also think they changed the formulation slightly after eminence is not made by ilcsi anymore.
Here is the comparison of ingredients for stone crop mask, old one (made by ilcsi) and new one(not made by ilcsi)

old: stonecrop juice(bioflavonid), stone crop pulp, honey, citric acds(vit c), soyamine, glycerin, pectin, carboxymethylcellulose, water, salicylic acid.

new:stone crop, stone crop juice, aloe, honey, bioflavonoids, natural moisturizing factor, hydroxythylcelluloe, biocomplex(vit a, esther c, vit e, coenzyme Q10, alpha lipolic acid), xanthan gum, vit B5 from soy lavender oil, lemon oil, chlorophyl, glycerin, glycine derivative.

As far as the price, most online stores seem to have the same price (even the same price also at the local spa). I suspect maybe eminence force them to sell at the same price (kinda like caudali). his is just a guess. I am not sure.

organicesty: Why dont you contact eminence and see if you can be an authorized distributor? Or maybe you can contact ilcsi to be a distributor?
organicesty

Thu May 04, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
ProductMan,Thanks for your help on this. I am not in a position to place a huge order to be a distributor or I would. Basically, I wanted to use the line for myself. I tried to contact them for more info and to see if they offer samples (I doubt they do)and havent heard back from them yet.
Do you notice a difference with the reformulation?
Thanks,
Desiree
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
organicesty wrote:
ProductMan,Thanks for your help on this. I am not in a position to place a huge order to be a distributor or I would. Basically, I wanted to use the line for myself. I tried to contact them for more info and to see if they offer samples (I doubt they do)and havent heard back from them yet.
Do you notice a difference with the reformulation?
Thanks,
Desiree

i am not ProductMan, but thats okay.... Smile
The only difference that I notice is that the consistencies are different. But then again, it is prob because the products vary from batch to batch. As far as result, I cannot tell the difference. So I guess they are comparable.

You are interested in the lemon cleanser? I tried this as a sample. I am not too terribly impressed with it. It cleans my face pretty well, but I wear no makeup so it is easy cleaning.

Another thing that you can do about samples, you can go to a spa in your town that carries eminence. Thats how I got my samples. Call eminence 1-800 number and ask for lists of spas in your area.

cheers
organicesty

Thu May 04, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Cool, thanks a lot. Yeah I can't seem to find any spas in my area that carry it so I will call them tomorrow. Again, thanks for all your help.
Desiree
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
no problem ....
i am supposed to go to a spa that carries it on saturday to get a procedure done. If I can get some samples from them, I will pm you and maybe I can send it for you. (no promise yet Very Happy , but i will try)
cheers
organicesty

Fri May 05, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thats really thoughtful, but I don't want you to have to go thru the trouble. Don't worry about it. Thanks though Smile
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
organicesty wrote:
Wow, thats really thoughtful, but I don't want you to have to go thru the trouble. Don't worry about it. Thanks though Smile

Oh it is not much trouble at all...
cheers Very Happy
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
so which do you prefer now? Eminence or Ilke?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
This is funny. Life is just a huge circle. Ilcsi is Hungarian, just as I am (though I left my home country ages ago). Ilcsi was the first natural cosmetics I've ever known/used in my life (over 20 years ago, with AHA from fresh fruit and vegetables). And that time she was known by a bunch of people only. And now she's discussed on eds, funny. Ilcsi must be like over 70 now.www.ilcsi.com has an english section as well (BTW "szep elet" means nice/pretty life).
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
This is funny. Life is just a huge circle. Ilcsi is Hungarian, just as I am (though I left my home country ages ago). Ilcsi was the first natural cosmetics I've ever known/used in my life (over 20 years ago, with AHA from fresh fruit and vegetables). And that time she was known by a bunch of people only. And now she's discussed on eds, funny. Ilcsi must be like over 70 now.www.ilcsi.com has an english section as well (BTW "szep elet" means nice/pretty life).

So you are saying ilcsi is known to be good for skin in hungary? nice to know that. I am gonna buy some ilcsi masks maybe next month. cannot wait
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, the lady was a sescret forwarded by mouth to mouth propaganda. Then she became (almost) well known, though her products were distributed in cosmetic studios only which used her line. I even visited Ilcsi in the very outskirts of Buda few years ago, she really was a pioneer with natural cosmetics.
organicesty

Sat May 27, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
It's really cool to hear this. I called Eminence organics about a month ago with some questions. I asked them if they ever heard about Ilike Szept Elet (Ilci's company name for the US). I had noticed alot of the same products from the 2 companies and was confused. Eminence said that Ilike is all of a sudden coming out claiming they were around "first", but Eminence told me that they were the first who started the whole Hungarian skincare. HA, so now I know they truth behind the story from this forum. There's a ton of info on the ilike website telling about the history and everything(won't let me post the link on here).
so thanks for all your info!!!
Desiree

now, i just wish Ilike would call me back because I want to sample their products.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
lin23: is ilcsi also expensive in hungary? is there any place I can buy it online for cheaper?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
In Hungary still you can buy Ilcsi's (they made Ilike for the international customers since nobody could pronounce Ilcsi properly . . .) products in cosmetic studios only. Is's not cheap for Hungarian conditions but still not to compare with the intern. prices in general. I'll contact my friends in Budapest in order to find out whether you can get it another way. I'll come back within few days.
andi
5% products discount

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Ilcsi stopped supplying Eminence last year, so Eminence trying to copy Ilcsi. It might smell the same and look similar, but the effect is so different.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Back again ! My friends & me, we were surching and couldn't find any other possibility to purchase Ilcsi than from authorized cosmetic studios in Budapest (however there is a Lady who's representing Ilcsi in the US). Looks like i'll go for shopping Ilcsi to Budapest myself soon . . .
andi
5% products discount

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
In Hungary you can purchase Ilcsi products through beautysalons.
Are you based in the USA? than try Ilike.
A few products available on line in the UK on the ilcsi.co.uk
I know a few very good Ilcsi beauticians in Budapest
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the clarification between Eminence and ilike. I call to the same conclusion after I visited the Long Beach Estestician Convention. Both companies had a booth and their packaging looks identical and they both claim "since 1958".

Going to the ILCSI webpage explains exactly what happened. I still have not gotten a clear answer to whether Eminence is actually certified organic. By that I don't just mean that they use certified organic ingredients, but that the whole product is certifed such as Dr. Hauschka does for their products with the BDIH certification.

Over the years I have become an avid ingredient list reader and found many products which had "certified organic" ingredients, but also contained synthetic ingredients such as mineral spirits as well. I'm currently using a french brand of certified organic skincare. This brand carries the BIO label which means it has at least 95% certified organic and 100% natural - no synthetics.

Essential Day Spa carries the Dr. Hauschka brand, which is an excellent choice for real organic skin care.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Adonis, which organic brand are you using? I am always interested in finding new organic brands.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin, the brand my wife and I are using is called Phyt's Cosmetics from France. I had first seen them on a trip to France, but couldn't find it here in the US. That was two years ago. I recently googled Phyt's again and found a place here in the US who sells it. It's called the Kathlina Store (organic skin care store).

What I really like about the products is that they don't have a strong scent. They have a very plesant texture and more importantly they work. We mainly use their moisturizers and excellent sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |