Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
what do you use to make your skin bright and smooth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I love Deramalogica daily microfoliant and MD formulations Vit A plus illuminating serum (thanks for Mabsy's review )
But what esle do you girls use these days to reveal bright new skin?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
kpka,
What does the vit A do for you? Have you seen any results with it? Do you use it in conjuntion with vit c or do you have to lay off the C? Thanks
Rae
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kpka!

I find that when I use the aspirin mask, my skin looks super-smooth and really glows. I'm trying to be less lazy about doing it, because it really is one of the best things I've found to perk up my skin...

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Mary, you are SO right! I started the aspirin mask when I first read about it on this board and it is AWESOME!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Okay, that's it...no more being lazy with the aspirin mask! Laughing I'm doing it regularly from now on. I still find it amazing that something as dirt cheap and readily available as aspirin can totally revitalize your skin. One other reason I love this board so much...I can learn about the inexpensive DIY stuff to balance out the many $$ I spend on the pricier items!

Mary Smile
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Vivier C+E High Potency Serum (from EDS here) and goldportbeauty.com's Epidermx microdermabrasion make my skin smooth and bright, and excellent in skin tone. I love both. Very Happy
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Asprin Mask?

HOw did I miss that? WHich section is it in?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Just do a search and you'll find a whole bunch of threads for it.^-^ (For the record, the version I like best is aspirin, cream, honey, and a lil green tea.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
There it is--thanks!

Wink
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I use OCM with different essential oils every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing beats aspirin mask for me, but it has to be with yogurt. Honey or aloe with aspirin works, too, but not as brilliantly at giving that glow as when yogurt is mixed in, too. Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C DIY serum for me!
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C DIY serum for me!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Vit-C serum
PSF Pumpkin Peel
True Radiance Revealing Complex

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I've only been using it for a few days, but I'm really liking the DHCC for the smoothing effect it's having - my pores are looking smaller already!
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Razinkane, Vit A plus I usually apply in the evening and no, I don't apply Vit C serum at the same time. I avoid apllying it during the day. It makes my skin brighter and especially right after applying it I can see all the blood flow coming to my face. But I find it works the best right after I exfoliate my skin, then my face is just bright and plumped the whole day. But I try to avoid the sun if I apply it during the day or apply sunscreen because it increases sun sensitivity.

Mary H., I have read about aspirin mask, but I was so lazy to make it. I guess I would have to give it a try now. Does it make your skin dry?

Athena, I do use Vivier vit C. Epidermix once a week is a must for me. I love epidermix followed by Dr.H Rejuvinating mask Smile

Lara1, what is OCM?

Pumpingmummy, can you please write what exactly you mix into your aspirin mask. Any yogurt is ok?

Wild Cat, PSF pumpkin Peel awesome! I have it and use it every week. Thanks again to this forum

Fifi, if DHCC is Dr.H cleansing cream then I agree with you. This is the best stuff on earth. I don't know how I have lived without it Smile
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Any other suggestions? Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone figured out a substitute for aspirin? It kills me (literally, haha) that I can't use this since I'm highly allergic.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi kpka!

I don't find the aspirin mask drying at all. I know there are a ton of different things to mix with the aspirin (and I do want to try something different just for variety!), but right now I use honey...which I think is supposed to be a natural moisturizer. But I have used just the plain aspirin as well, and didn't find that drying or irritating (just was difficult to keep it stuck to my face!).

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mary, I'll try it with honey. How often do you use aspirin mask?
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I like the aspirin mask too! I like how it gets rid of the flaky skin that surrounds a zit. I am finally recoving my my nasty outbreak! Very Happy the mask is making my red marks disappear faster! YAY!
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I use Dr Brandit microdermabrasion in a jar for scrub once a fortnight or weekly, then Peter Thomas Roth botanical buffing beads inbetween as needed, plus an enzyme based cleanser (Origins never a dull moment), plus an AHA/BHA combination serum when I feel my skin is congested (I use ultraceuticals evenskintone serum).

To fake the glow on the bad days that cannot be helped, guerlain meteorite or Bobbi brown shimmerbricks are great.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi kpka!

I confess I've been lazy with the mask and have been using it sporadically...maybe a few times a week, but then last week I didn't do it at all! Embarassed But talking about it on this post made me resolve to get with the program and do it every day! Probably not everyone needs to do it that often, and some might find it too much for their skin. But being that my face is super oily and not very sensitive, I think it would really be good for me. It's one of those things that every time I use it, my skin glows and I think "Why don't I use this more often?" And ErinChristine is right about how it does away with the flaky skin and post-breakout red marks!

So...off I go to make my mask! Laughing

Have a great weekend!
Mary Smile
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Once or twice a week I put a thin layer of Lac-Hydrin 12% on for 5 minutes then rinse off with a soft washcloth. It leaves me glowing! Smile
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
PSF Pumpkin Peel
Dermalogica Microfoliant
IS Clinical Proheal
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |