Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique Face Wash Cream verses Dr.H Cleansing Cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know which product people prefer? This is my big question. Has anyone used both products at different times and noticed that one works better than the other?

Feliz
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
i have also been pondering this question.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Jurlique Face Wash Cream. It feels gentler and smells better. Results are very similar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
there was a thread on this not long ago.

i suppose these comments can only ever be subjective.

i use the jurlique. i prefer the smell. the texture is kind of like a moist oat paste (that sounds disgusting!) and very gentle and moisturising.

i never could get used to the dhcc smell. and the texture is grainier.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
This has been covered recently. The Dr H smells like beer hops, which is fine if you like the smell of beer hops, I thought it was yuk! The Jurlique face cream wash is one of my absolute must have items, it's brilliant at clearing the skin and getting rid of blackheads. It is chunky-er (sp?) but you just need to add a little more water.

Jurlique wins. Expensive but worth it.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
When I first started DH CC I had really great results.. clear soft skin.. I actually liked the smell (reminds me of fresh bread).. It is much grainier than Jurlique and thicker in consistency. But after a few weeks, I don't know if my skin was just purging or going through a sensitive period, but it would actually sting when I used DH CC in the mornings.

I am now on the 4th day of Jurlique CC, and it has a very floral scent, too strong if you stick it right under your nose. I find bits always falling off if you don't get the consistency perfect, can't really have a massaging action like DH CC because there are no grains.

If money were not a concern, I would go for Jurlique myself.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the Jurlique one myself...I just can't really stand the smell of Dr H Cleansing Cream. But I apart from that they're fairly similar I guess.
Mabsy

Fri May 05, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I tend to alternate repurchasing these but I do repurchase the Dr H more often. They both give me the same results - I prefer the Dr H for ease of use becasue it is a smoother paste and doesn't have chunks of flowers (or whatever) that get stuck in my hair line Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for all the feedback!!! I think I will try the Jurlique face wash cream. I have used it before yet for a short period of time. I have to say I do prefer most of the products from Jurlique over Dr.H. I just have to learn to stick with the products I like!!!!

Feliz
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I was sensitive to the Dr H CC or if my skin was just purging, but I tried it several times and would start breaking out horribly.

I've not tried the jurlique. I'm curious does it result in the same purging as Dr H CC?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Another thing I've noticed with the 40ml Jurlique CC tube is.. it does NOT last long.. The product itself is not as dense as DH CC and I end up using more than an inch of the stuff to have a decent wash.

The sample tube of DH CC lasted me almost 2 weeks!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I didn't have any purging from the Jurlique and I've been using it nearly every day for several months. It's just made a huge difference to my skin, it's much clearer now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |