Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark Circles - Remedies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've had really dark circles since I was a kid ... I think it's a problem with thin skin and not because of pigment. I haven't had much luck with different eye creams for dark circles and I'm tired of having to put so much concealer under them ... SOOOOOO ... I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anything else that can be done? Plastic Surgery? Lasers? Fillers? If I could even lighten them up half of what they are now ... I'd be happy. Smile I'd be curious to know if anyone has any more permanent solutions.

Thanks!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had an answer to this, but I have the same problem! My dark circles have been there forever too and nothing I've tried so far has worked on them. I've tried a lot of different eye creams but no surgery or fillers (yet!!). I'm sure I read somewhere that fat can be injected there to plump out the hollows and lessen the circles? I'll be following this thread with huge interest!
valerianroots
5% products discount

Fri May 05, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I remember reading somewhere that eye circles are genetic, and can't be gotten rid off no matter how much sleep you get. However lifestyle related eye cirlces can be treated with cosmetic creams.

Anyway, apparently there is a new procedure which involves laser. I don't know much about this.
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Fri May 05, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you guys....had them my whole life. Once when I took my little girl to the DR for allergy tests the DR said "this little girl has sinus problems and I'll bet she inherited them from her mom....look at her under eye area." Apparently sinus's play a big part in the darkness.
I've tried everything. Vitamin K formulas work best but never completely. Let me know if you find something I haven't tried.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I'm with you guys, I've had them forever. My mom and bro have really bad ones, too. It bugs me that they probably make me look a lot more tired than I feel, but I can't bother feeling TOO bad about them because they're just a part of me, as permanent to my face as my nose is.

I don't think there's anything out there that will make them truly go away, but I have found that they're better when my nutrition and sleep patterns are healthy.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I can totally relate ... I've had my dark circles since I was a kid and now that I'm getting older .. I'm dealing with dark circles AND the beginnings of fine lines. I'm so worried that as I get older they'll look worse and worse. And I think they really age me too. If only there were some magic cure. One day I am going to look into a more permanent solution (if one exists).

It's funny though ... I think they are maybe more visible to us than others. When I complain about my circles other people sometimes say "you don't have really dark circles" and yet I know I do! I think it's just that they're covered with foundation and concealer. But maybe I'm seeing them as much worse than others do ... or they're just being nice. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Mine are definitely genetic, my whole family has them although I think mine are the worst (naturally...). Hate them!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I've had them all my life too. When I was younger some people told me they had to do with deficiencies, but I don't know how much that is true. Mine are from thin skin too because of capillaries showing through the skin in the area cause the dark tint. It's even so bad in my right eye that on the bottom corner towards the outside I can actually see the veins/capillaries directly and their shape. Two blueish lines. Those bother me the most and I think someday I would like to find out if they can be gotten rid of through laser surgery. Other then that, it is odd that the general darkness and shadows are worse sometimes and better other times. Seems like there is something else effecting it as well or else they would always look the same if it's just a matter of thin skin. I don't know though. If someone figures it out let me know. I know increasing the micro-circulation is supposed to help. I've been using everlasting essential oil there that is supposed to do just that and I can't tell yet what effect it is having. At first I thought it was making them worse, and then other days they look better.

girlnextdoor wrote:
I'm with you guys....had them my whole life. Once when I took my little girl to the DR for allergy tests the DR said "this little girl has sinus problems and I'll bet she inherited them from her mom....look at her under eye area." Apparently sinus's play a big part in the darkness.
I've tried everything. Vitamin K formulas work best but never completely. Let me know if you find something I haven't tried.

That is interesting. I wonder why he means by sinus problems? I don't have any known allergies, no major symptoms to anything. But I've always had a mild low grade sinus drainage. The slightest cold weather causes more drainage (like under 60 F). Maybe it has to do with food sensitivities? I should get that checked out.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
the sinus problem and dark circles are related just due to blood circulation issues...

I wish there was a cure, I wouldn't mind the laser option if there is a reasonably priced yet effective option. Neutral
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I don't have any products to recommend but I'm wondering whether any of the eye creams like the Cellcosmet eye contour would work. DS has awful allergies and his undereye area is a mess - dark circles, dry crinkly skin and huge bags. Some of it could be due to a teenager's lifestyle but I think most come from his allergies. I'll be watching for the miracle product that's not going to cost a fortune...hmm, eye cream or college education??? Smile
girlnextdoor
5% products discount

Sat May 06, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
HI BYRG:

I have had many sinus infections and I always have post nasal drip in allergy season. (I take Flonase and it helps but it doesn't get rid of the circles Wink ) My daughter had sinus infections as a young child and my mom and brothers all suffer from allergies. I also have burning itchy eyes and probably rubbed them too much when I was young and didn't know better. The eye Dr told me the eyes and sinus are defintiely related and so I continue to conceal and cover the ugly blueish circles. I am currently using Biotherm Hydra detox gel and it does feel wonderful but so far I see little improvements ....apparently it takes at least 4 weeks. I'm not hopeful because so far nothing has been substantial except covering them up! Oh well I guess it could be worse.
todiefor
5% products discount

Sat May 06, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Try adding Cell-Ox2 to a lotion at 5%. This will help a lot. It is a peptide specifically for this problem. I just did a Google search on this and found some posts saying it has worked well. Good luck and HTH
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
OOh, where do you find that?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist's office manager told me that the only thing that they have found working for dark circles is Teamine. I used a few packages of the free samples and bought one bottle a while ago. It did seem to work, but very subtle. I have not used it for a while (maybe 6 months) and I notice that my dark circles are back to before Teamine time.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |