Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help, I think I might be aging too fast!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
A women today thought that I was 33. Im 22!!!! Sad I am really upset. What should I do. ANY kind of moisturizer makes me break out, so I use grapeseed and olive oil to moisturize, but I think this might be drying me out believe it or not. What should I do?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Do you exfoliate your skin? Try the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel to clean up the complexion. Find a nice anti-aging moisturizer and good sunscreen. Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Do as little as possible.
You're too young to start using strong exfoliants - your skin exfoliates naturally at your age. When you get older the skin functions less effectively and we need to intervene. Let your skin find it's own balance. You shouldn't need moisturiser either.

Find a gentle cleanser. Protect yourself from the sun.

According to our DIY guru using oil on your face cuts down on oil production (the skin feels it doesn't need it so doesn't produce any) this may be why your skin's drying out. Use oil if you're oily. Don't if you're not.
M
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Do you wear makeup? I know someone who has great skin but she looks older simply because she was so plain. I'm not suggesting you use a lot, just a bit to give you that polished look and 'sparkle of youth'.

I know I cheat my way to looking young by using makeup (mainly gloss and blush).

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Do you wear makeup? I know someone who has great skin but she looks older simply because she was so plain. I'm not suggesting you use a lot, just a bit to give you that polished look and 'sparkle of youth'.

I know I cheat my way to looking young by using makeup (mainly gloss and blush).

yeah, that's kinda the way I am- if I don't have any makeup on at all I look older. Probably b/c of my super dark circles and I look like my eye lashes have thinned out (since I now use 1000 hour lash tint this isn't as much of a problem). I also lack that "healthy-youthful glow" most of the time (like if I am extra tired, stressed out and/or haven't exercised in a few days); thus, blush really helps.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
and make sure you are drinking enough water!!!
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Have you seen a doctor lately?

If not, a physical with full blood work might be in order, to rule out any illnesses.

--B
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
That was one woman, what does she know? Don't let what someone thinks about you, especially your looks, bug you. Everyone is different. I mean, how is a 33 year old person supposed to look?

What about you do you think you could improve? Sunscreen could be a good idea as the sun is the main culprit of premature aging. Play around with different colors of makeup (pale pinks, cream colors, shimmer). Personally, I think heavy black eyeliner makes women look older.

You mentioned your skin feels dry-- any sort of moisturizer will work. I'm 24 and have used Dove for sensitive skin for a year. It's very gentle, doesn't break me out,and isn't oily (I'm dry, acne prone).
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
some people are just plain lousy at guessing another's age.

.............and some women are just catty enough to say something like that Bad Grin when you don't really look 10 years older than your age.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Nobody at age 22 looked 33!! Ignore what THAT WOMAN sain!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Now don't panic or take someones comment so seriously. When I was in my early twenties I was always confused to be older despite my baby face!! I think if you act more mature than your age that can also do it. Now I am in my early thirties and most people think I am in my middle to late twenties so dont worry.

I have to say I have not seen anyone that I can think of who was young and really looked older!! Such a comment is anothers perception and it really has nothing to do with you. Other peoples perceptions are things you dont want to let affect you too strongly. You are young and that is that!!! I am sure you look young as well adn that is also a wonderful thing!! Enjoy it while you have it and dont be bothered by some persons random comment....it is meaningless.

Feliz
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Maybe she had a bad day and just wanted to upset someone. Ignore it.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
This lady was probably older right? And she's probably feeling real insecure about aging herself. No doubt she said it just to get under your skin (which she accomplished). Ignore what she said... At 22 you still get carded right? And if you're still insecure about it you should try taking some of the HA supplements everyone is always talking about on this board. Amongst many things, it's a fountain of youth, and will plump your skin from the inside. I like Hydraplenish.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is always a good idea no matter what your age. The other thing is are you happy with how your skin looks? If so don't worry about what someone else says.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Yeah...i've been noticing people think i'd older as well. They always think im 24 (i am 21)...but those people are always females and they claim i just "act" older. If i ask a guy, they always say "19." Everyone will guess different...I do notice when people wear less makeup they can either look much younger or much older. And i disagree moisturizer is not needed at our age. I've been moisturizing day and night for years because if i do not, my skin dries out like a prune. I also use mineral makeup so it's imperative I moisturize myself. I suggest a little dry liner and mascara...maybe some eyeshadow...and a bit of concealer under the eyes. Nothing intense, but i can guarantee you won't have people thinking you are in your early 30's.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I can honestly say, after reading your replies that I feel much better. She was probably just crazy. And after thinking about it, even if I do look thirty to someone, it really isn't that bad. I’m sure allot of people would love to look 30. Thank you all for your replies. I don't think I look like I am thirty, but sometimes I do look a little tired, and that could definitely make me look older. I’m going to start exercising. Thanks again guys. Very Happy
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
What a horrible feeling! Some people don't guess ages well at all! If it makes you feel any better. In my wedding photos I am wearing much more make up then I normally would. I looked 30, but I was 22!!! Shock I am 27 now and I am still unhappy with the photos.
The best you can do is have a regular skincare routine,use SUNSCREEN, take care of your body by exercising and eating right(also drink plenty of water!) and hope for the best. I'm sure you look fine, btw.

ErinChristine
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what everyone has said. But I usually get some people telling me I look older than my older sister who is 28, and I just recently turned 23 myself! Confused I think it's simply because I'm a uni student and I guess the stress of that makes my skin look quite dull a lot of the time! Sad

Btw, was the woman who said that a Cosmetics/Skincare SA by any chance? As I find some of them simply say stuff like that to encourage you to buy more products from their "anti-aging" skincare ranges which are usually the most expensive products...this has happened to me before! Rolling Eyes
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Funny -- it was a hairdresser's assumption that I was in my 30s (I'm 25) that brought me to this board in the first place!

I know how bad it can feel. Seriously, that crushed me for a while. But some people are just rude.

On the upside, her nasty little remark got me started on a trend of taking great care of my skin, and I think that will help me in the long run. Before the comment, I never wore sunblock unless I was at the beach. Now I'm putting it on every day... and I know that's a good thing. In a way, I wish I had that kind of wake-up call a while earlier. Too bad I didn't get mistaken for 25 at 17! Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
madeline wrote:
A women today thought that I was 33. Im 22!!!! Sad I am really upset. What should I do. ANY kind of moisturizer makes me break out, so I use grapeseed and olive oil to moisturize, but I think this might be drying me out believe it or not. What should I do?

Honestly i wouldnt always worry about what others say. On my birthday last year a co-worker thought i was turning 40(i was 36) then i went to the bottle shop to buy a few drinks and the guy was like ah i should see some id...what the Confused Confused Confused
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:

Also hair can make a big difference, i know people think i look younger with my hair down
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
AFter browsing through all of these responses I got to thinking... so much of a person's opinion on another person, in this case age, is based on countless factors- like subconscious perception and her/his own life experiences. For instance, what if the woman that thought you looked 33 thought so b/c you reminded her of someone she has had experience with that was older? Perhaps your body language and choice of words comes across as mature. In the case of this particular woman, perhaps your physical, verbal, mental, and subconscious presentation was to her, based on her perspective, very mature therefore causing her interpretation of your age to be much older than what you are.

Basically, don't let this age thing bother you! It sounds like it may not be bothering you as much as when you first posted your message. It can sure help to receive input from fellow forum members. Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
madeline... do you smoke? Smoking causes your skin to look much older than it is.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |