Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Electric Tooth Brush For The Face?!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I use the Braun toothbrush. I am concerned that it would be way too harsh for facial skin. At present I use the Clarisonic and delicate brush. Just my two cents. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I used to have a horizontal line on my head, from constantly raising my brows, and years ago, I tried an electric toothbrush. It wasn't one of those sonic ones mind you, it was just a standard electric one and I used it on the area where the line was. It would go very red (probably because of the increased circulation and friction) and I think that in tangent with facial exercises and massage helped the line to vacate - as I no longer have it now.

I am a little weary though of using those sonic brushes - as the sonic waves are meant to be very penetrating and I would worry that it might effect the skull but if your having good results with it then go for it!

That is amazing, Seany! How old were you when you began toothbrushing your forehead and how long did you do it for ?!
my forehead is the most aged area of my face by far, and certainly facial ex's have really helped, but still the lines there are the deepest ones I have. I'd be happy to try some intensive brushing..!
sally72
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I think that I have read about exfoliating with a toothbrush somewhere! Great idea! You probably need to use a soft toothbrush, right? I will be interested to hear long term results so please keep us updated!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey catski

I noticed I was getting horizontal lines across my forehead in my mid twenties (I think about 24), and I tried everything I could to get rid, frownies, vit C, retin A but nothing seemed to work. Then I recalled someone telling me that the way wrinkles form, it actually begins from the baby cells, so the only way to get rid of them was to stimulate the cells there, by exfoliation of the top skin layer in order to trick the body into turning over cells faster. I tried a couple of scrubs, which were a disaster for me, as my skin is sensitive and oily. Then one day I was brushing my teeth, and recalled an advert for a new toothbrush that came out, saying that because of the circular motion the brush makes, it exfoliates plague from the teeth and so the lightbulb went off. I reasoned in my mind if it exfoliated plague off the teeth then it could surely exfoliate the surface layer of skin.

So I tried it there and then. I don’t recall how long I did it for, but it couldn’t have been longer than about 2 minutes, and immediately the area went really really red (which I knew was a good thing, as it meant blood was rushing in between the lines, and at that time my knowledge lead me to believe it was filling in the lines). The lines looked less deeper and seemed to actually be kind of looking a little wider as though they were opening up, but I really can’t recall how long I did it for. I do know that I saw a friend about a month after of my experiment and she wanted to know what fillers I had put in the lines (and there were none). I would often apply CP serum afterwards and Retin A at night, (being skin remodellers I felt they would help things along).

Some times I have a faint line, running horizontally, but its only one that I can literally rub out in the space of minutes, which is just where I am constantly raising my brows during the day or frowning, but yep it was an experiment that paid off! I know a couple of people who do it as well and they say similar things.

Sean
[quote="catskiThat is amazing, Seany! How old were you when you began toothbrushing your forehead and how long did you do it for ?!
my forehead is the most aged area of my face by far, and certainly facial ex's have really helped, but still the lines there are the deepest ones I have. I'd be happy to try some intensive brushing..![/quote]
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Seany thankyou for the explanation. I'm off to buy an electric toothbrush. Very Happy

Will report back as and when!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
This is soooo interesting! I must try it with my extra sonicare toothbrush head. I must thank you ladies for the idea & saving me $$$ because I so wanted the Clarisonic but it's just not in the budget yet. I'm crossing my fingers this works well!
jessicahe
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
interesting idea!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey Catski - you tried this yet? Hows it working for you?
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a girl use it on her face once on Youtube. She said it was very good for scrubbing. But I never tried. I have very sensitive skin and don't suggest anyone who have sensitive skin take this measure. It must hurt!
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Using a toothbrush, wow, considering how small the head of a toothbrush is, you must have suffered a lot to cover the whole face. If I were you, I would rather just buy the face brush from Clarisonic, at least it has bigger head.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use a 'baby hairbrush' for just $3.99 at Wal-Mart or the drugstore..

Perfect size, firmness and a handle that allows complete control. And because you control it, you can go as hard or easy as you like..

Gives a great glow and great exfolliation!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I've seen a device similar to the Clarisonic in a catalog but much cheaper. Perhaps about $60. Maybe it's a Clarisonic knockoff. If I find it, I'll post the info. I can't vouch that it's as good asa the Clarisonic but it might be worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Here's the info that I found:

SonicDermabrasion™ Facial Care System
Cleanse, Exfoliate, Refine and Polish with SonicDermabrasion™ $59
http://www.timeformecatalog.com/cgi-bin/timeforme/cate_id/beafac/prod/90919/item_detail.html?keywords=&srcmode=&sortbyprice=
This handheld facial care system uses sonic technology to gently exfoliate and deep clean your skin for a radiant, younger-looking complexion in just 4 minutes! The water-resistant SonicDermabrasion™ Facial Brush has a 30-second timer ensuring even exfoliation with the Microdermabrasion scrub, while the Hydrating Firming Complex combats fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. With two Micro-Fiber Bristle Brush applicators for a fast, easy way to get beautiful, smooth, rejuvenated skin. Rechargeable.

And I see HSN has it for $45 with customer reviews available:

Pretika Sonic-DermaBrasion Facial System
Item: 278-319
http://beauty.hsn.com/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system_p-3702251_xp.aspx?web_id=3702251&ocm=sekw

HSN video on it:
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system/7895237/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Here's the info that I found:

SonicDermabrasion™ Facial Care System
Cleanse, Exfoliate, Refine and Polish with SonicDermabrasion™ $59
http://www.timeformecatalog.com/cgi-bin/timeforme/cate_id/beafac/prod/90919/item_detail.html?keywords=&srcmode=&sortbyprice=
This handheld facial care system uses sonic technology to gently exfoliate and deep clean your skin for a radiant, younger-looking complexion in just 4 minutes! The water-resistant SonicDermabrasion™ Facial Brush has a 30-second timer ensuring even exfoliation with the Microdermabrasion scrub, while the Hydrating Firming Complex combats fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. With two Micro-Fiber Bristle Brush applicators for a fast, easy way to get beautiful, smooth, rejuvenated skin. Rechargeable.

And I see HSN has it for $45 with customer reviews available:

Pretika Sonic-DermaBrasion Facial System
Item: 278-319
http://beauty.hsn.com/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system_p-3702251_xp.aspx?web_id=3702251&ocm=sekw

HSN video on it:
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-system/7895237/

Great info 'lunar'....Now that price is right up my alley.. Laughing It looks very similar to Clarisonic too.

I just might retire my baby hairbrush.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
eternalspaz

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing this. I use it with coconut oil, which is all I've used in a couple of years. No cleansers, no moisturizers...just a wipe with a warm, soft cloth after. Whatever oil is left behind acts as a moisturizer. My skin looks better now at 50 than it did when I was a kid.
catxl
5% products discount

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
eternalspaz, your regime sounds very interesting. Do you feel sticky afterwards?

I have used Foreo brush, very gentle.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, your post reminds me of when I visit salons for facials, they sometimes use a rotating brush on my t-zone. But those brushes rotate slower than an electric toothbrush and the brush head is about 1.0-1.5 inches wide in diameter.

Lucinda wrote:
Anyone ever tried this?

I have done it twice now and really like the results.

I don't "scrub". I just lightly press in circular motions.

My skin feels very smooth and clear afterwards. Although if I had a break out not sure if I would try this...?!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |