Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

burn/rash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Girls I have a problem, I have been alternating retin A 0.025% and clindoxl gel to control the acne on my face, back and neck. Anyway, I stopped a few days ago because it got so dry and red. It has been 4-5 days now and they area is still hurting, peeling, dry and itchy. What should I do? Someone suggested I put 100% aloe vera gel (but that did not help), I tried calomin (same thing), I MAY do an oatmeal bath with mild-cool water then slather on petroleum jelly. What do you think would be the best? I have not washed my skin in two-three days because I don't want to risk irritating it again...

Also, I have been on aveeno SPF 30 for face sunscreen and it has been flushing my face everytime I use it. Does anyone know a really nice, cooling, sunscreen that can be pickup at the drugstore?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm sure the other ladies on this board will have lots of good ideas! I know this must be upsetting to you--- the truth is, I've given myself similar reactions from over-medicating my skin, so I know what you are going through. Here's what I do in similar circumstances:
Wash face with VERY gentle cream cleanser, for example Beauty Without Cruety's Herbal Cleansing Cream (very soothing texture) OR Alba Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk (the sea minerals in here are likewise very soothing). Then to treat my skin, I use a product called Brave Soldier Code Blue. This stuff is a real miracle--- it's got a little bit of lidocaine in it so it stops the pain/burn, and it contains aloe, sea minerals, green tea, eucalyptus, etc, so it starts healing the burning, redness, and peeling immediately. (It's also great on painful break outs!^-^) I don't use Aveeno's sunscreen, but I imagine that it contains Avobenzone. Avobenzone often irritates sensitive skin (I can't use it because it makes my skin burn), so I can imagine that if your skin has been comprimised that it would only irritate it more. Some non-irritating sunscreens you can get at the drugstore are the sensitive skin versions put out by Olay and Neutrogena. The sunscreen that comes with L'Oreal's microdermabrasion kit is the MOST soothing I have found, however, it does not contain a UVA blocker, so it's kind of a trade off. Let me know if you have any more questions--- I hope your skin feels better soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
how about good old vaseline to help coat and mosturise. I'd skip anything that has chemicals except ones meant to help this very issue. Oatmeal bath sounds great except its really to stop itching more than a burn I think. Also def do not do anything warmer bath wise then tepid. Also I think copper serums are great for burns.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Liz, it probably a chemical sunscreen component causing you to flush. There are mineral sunscreens without chemicals at the drugstore, I think Hawaiian Tropics makes one but I'm not sure. If you are where you can get Avene, they make mineral sunscreens thought I find them greasy.

As for the rash, you might need an over the counter cortisone or something stronger from the doctor for a couple of days if your at home stuff isn't working. Something that might work is a soothing oil. A couple of days ago I decided to try a prescription retinoid, my skin was looking and feeling so well I thought I might tolerate it but after one night my face hurt and became red and peely. I had a bottle jojoba so I patted a good amount on and it was really soothing and after a couple of days now, no breakouts and my skin is looking as well as before my experiment. Jojoba did irritate my skin this winter when it was really dry but it doesn't seem to be right now for some reason. Something emmolient but non-irritating is the key for me and I've yet to actually find a lotion or cream that does the trick while not breaking me out. I've also used mineral oil but find jojoba to be lighter.

I also think copper peptides work well, if you have it on hand.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh bad me, I so misread that, I thought u had a dry red chem burn, ok def do the oatmeal bath for the itch and Aveeno makes a lotion that works great for the itch as well. Also benedryl helps tremedously with the itch.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin E gel might help more than aloe vera, to heal the peeling. An oatmeal bath will will definitely soothe the itchiness and moisturize. Oatmeal baths always bum me out (I have to do them from time to time because I'm naturally rashy) because they're not fun like bubble baths. Just sitting in some oatmeal, trying to get un-itchy...

PS. I would go with nothing but colloidal oatmeal in the water. You know, those Aveeno packets.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
By the way, if you don't mind, drop us a line in a few days and let us know how your skin is, and how you've been treating it!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |