Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

White little bumps underneath eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to get rid of them?
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
They are millia. Millia are pores that are clogged shut and a hard "seed" of sebum has formed. Unlike many clogged pores, millia are under the skin and cannot be "squeezed" or "popped." A derm or experienced esthetician can extract them.

I have had them under my eyes for years and years and I will not have a derm lancing 20 millia under each of my eyes. Sorry, not brave enough!

I have researched and questioned and posted and googled to no avail. For the past year, I have been on a crazy self-imposed regimen to somehow exfoliate enough skin that eventually the millia will some how come out or let the BHA products get in there and do their jobs. The problem is that this is under my eyes and that is very, very sensitive skin.

They have gotten better over the last year but still are visible. I think I've been able to get rid of some and some are getting smaller. But it is still a nightmare for me.

What have I been doing? Just a witches brew of things....Retin A, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, Serious Skin Care Glucosamine Eye gel, MaMa Lotion (wrong move for me!), gentle manual exfoliation with microdermabrasion cream, AlphaHydroxy Souffle.

They say creams are a major culprit along with heredity. I only use Glycolix Elite Eye Serum - it is very hydrating for a gel (most gels I have tried have not been moisturizing enough for me). This is only for hydration which is all I need since I don't have puffiness, circles or fine lines although I'm 50.

Good luck - I'll be curious to see if anyone else posts - I'm open for suggestion other than a derm.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I had one the other day at the side of my eye. It was there for a few weeks and I decided to try and put a bit of tea tree oil on it. It stung my eye a little bit (may have put too much on) but it has now disappeared.

I am also using a combination of two eye cream samples - Ole Henriksen Pure Perfection and Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream. So, I;m not sure what actually caused it to disappear, the Tea Tree oil or the combination of eye creams.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I too share this problem. I am hoping derma rolling will help.
Toby
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, no quick fix for this I see! That's a shame. Well i'll try a few things myself and if I do find something that works i'll definitely let you all know! Maybe someone on this forum might know a quick fix! *crossing fingers*.
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
You are going to use a derma roller under your eyes?????
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
FizzyBubbles, can you share more about that Glycolix Elite Elite Eye Serum? Where do you find it and how much is it? Thanks for any info.

I'm not sure of the official name but I have some bumps on my undereye area that are not milia but some type of sweat gland issue. The bumps are not hard like milia (I've had those too) but just raised and smooth on top. I've seen two plastic surgeons, and both have said even though they can remove it, chances are it will return. I had it lasered but it did return.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Weird... Millia are actually hard bumps? See, i have i'd say maybe 15 little bumps under each eye but they are definitely not hard. You can't even feel or see them barely. The only way I can see them is looking really closely in a mirror, or unless i'm being looked at by someone close. They are really strange! I popped one but honestly they are REALLY hard to pop!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to suggest Dermalogica's Total Eye Care spf 15. It's a perfect day eye cream. I've gotten milia with other eye creams but when I use total eye care I don't get new ones and the old ones do gradually go away. Lactic acid is one of the ingredients (probably a really tiny amount though) so maybe that makes the difference. It has a purely physical sunscreen (4.5% titanium dioxide) and the light beige/pinkish tint is perfect for me, even if I'm not wearing concealer over it.

Concealer does go really smooth over this. (I use MAC NW20 and the MAC foundation brush) I wear the total eye care year round basically, and in the summer it's also usually paired with sunglasses so I think this is ok (not perfect, but ok) protection for the skin around my eyes.

If you want to accelerate getting rid of your milia, I suggest dab a lactic acid chemical exfoliant on it for a little while. Like dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant. You can just ask for a sample of it and use the sample.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh and I'd like to day when I first saw that lactic acid was one of the ingedients in total eye care I was really freaked out and resisted, but I was so impressed by other dermalogica products that I used it anyway. (I first bought it after trying a bunch of my sister's dermalogica products) But then I realized that my milia (that I didn't even know a name for, it was just always there) was going away, so I was happy.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I have milia on my cheeks...very hard bumps that just won't budge. Any believe me I have tried it alll! I had a few removed by my PS but I think he did it as a favor since I was having radiesse injections and I told him how much they bothered me.
sally72
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Do not touch them!!! The skin around your eyes is very sensitive and these are difficult to extract. Go get a facial and they will take care of them for you and recommend products to prevent them from coming back. It's always good to have an excuse to go for a facial Smile
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It is definetly millia, and these are usually removed by a dermatologist.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
sally72 wrote:
Do not touch them!!! The skin around your eyes is very sensitive and these are difficult to extract. Go get a facial and they will take care of them for you and recommend products to prevent them from coming back. It's always good to have an excuse to go for a facial Smile

Yea, that's a good point. I haven't had a facial in years! I think i'm just going to book one now even haha! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka Phyto Contour is said to help Milia. I have not used it but Yonka is a well respected line:

Description:
This softly-textured aromatic cream concentrated with rosemary extracts immediately imparts a distinctively cool sensation and feeling of well-being. From the first application, Phyto-Contour helps: eyelids feel firm, toned and less heavy; attenuate puffiness and signs of fatigue, diminish dark circles smooth and refine skin's texture in the case of under eye milia (white grainy clusters) impart a soft cooling sensation to eye and lip contours presence a youthful and smooth tone above and around the mouth.
Visibly helps decongest fluid buildup and lines around the eyes.
Works to fight off under-eye bumps.
Helps guarantee a visible lift.
Imparts a soothing distressing sensation.

Useage:
Use sparingly a.m. and p.m. after cleansing and toning. To combat swollen, puffy eye contours upon awakening, apply as a luxurious wake-up mask for 15 min. then remove with cool water.

Ingredients:
Water, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, PEG-33 Castor Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hazel Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Bark Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Lavender Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Cypress Oil, Thyme Oil, Carbomer, Thiethanolamine, Tocopheryl Actate, Borneol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
A Castor oil mask works well for me. I just apply some straight from the bottle and massage it in really well. I put it everywhere you would put a clay mask, not on under the eyebrows or on the eyelids. Let it sit for 10 min and then remove with a warm wet cloth. I wouldn't recommend this if you have highly sensitive skin however, Castor oil is very pulling.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |