Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinCare Regime and Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CARM302
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,
Im curious to know everyones skin regime. Im looking to maintain a youthful appearance and wanted to know the most active/effective ingredients to be looking for in skincare products. I want to start a regime but I do not know where to begin. Has anybody heard of N.V. Perricone products? If so, what are your opinions and reviews on this line? I am interested in starting my regime using their line. If anybody wants to suggest another line to look into please advise me.
Thank you
Mabsy

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi CARM302,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't tried N.V. Perricone products but perhaps other ladies on here have had some experience with this line. What I was going to suggest however is that you consider adding a vitamin C serum to your skincare regime. It not only protects your skin from environmental damage but also repairs (to an extent) damage that has already been done. If you use the search function on this forum (up the top on the left) then you'll probably find quite a few reviews of different C serums. I'm guessing the most popular vit C serums here would be the Cellex-C and the Skinceuticals. I use the Vivier brand myself and I'm quite happy with it.

HTH
Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi CARM302,

I haven't tried N.V Perricone products either myself, it's sold in Mecca Cosmetica here in Sydney but until now I've not looked that way. Wink I'll have to visit their corner one of these days and have a look and play ! I think it's worthwhile reading up reviews about products and trialing out their samples before committing to a line. I've found that this forum has really helped me decide on products for my skin type needs. Wink

There's a thread titled "Your Skin type and Favourite products please" that Alohagirl started where forum members have listed their skin regime, so at a glance you can see what works well for different people. You can list yours too ! Very Happy

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
CARM302
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,
I will definatley do some research on a vitamin C serum. I've heard good things about Cellex-C and SkinMedica's Vitamin C Complex. I will do some research, start a regime and port my review Smile I am going to consider purchasing some Perricone products, I read some NY Times reviews and sounds like its worth a try. My eyes are on SkinMedica and NV Perricone. Anyway, thank you for your replys! ttyl
skinsplurge
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I've used Perricone products (lip plumper and eye cream) and while they didn't cause any allergic reactions to my sensitive skin, I didn't see any improvements either. I also read his book "The Wrinkle Cure" which was very informative but became a really long advertisement for his products after awhile.

I love my skinceuticals primacy C 20. I definitely agree about vitamin C being a must for everyone who wants to see an improvement in skin tone.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello CARM302

If you go into the makeup alley website and look under "productville" you will see that N V Perricone products has gotten some of the worst reviews ever. I have not tried them so I have no personal experience with the products. I must say, though, that after reading some of the reviews I don't really have any inclination to try them.

I'm into organic botanicals and essential oils. A really nice skin care line to try is "Dr. Hauschka" which you can buy in health food stores or go into the saffron rough website which sells the product line and offers excellent service. Dr. Hauschka uses organically grown botanicals and I found it to be a beautiful skin care line. For anyone with dry/dehydrated skin their "Rose Day Cream" is remarkable and I would compare it to the very expensive Creme De La Mer. But, in my opinion, much much better than that over priced line.
CARM302
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your post. I have done some more research on NV Perricone found that t hey have been getting average to bad reviews, hmm. One thing Im very curious about is there Neuropeptide serum. There aren't many reviews on it (probablly because it cost so much - appr. $570 for 2oz.). I am considering purchasing Creme De a Mer though so I will look into Rose Day Cream that you suggested.
On aside, I am looking for a good vitamin C serum. I came down to Skinceuticals Serum 20 or Cellex-C High Potency Serum (btw, anybody know the % of vit-C in the high potency serum?).
Again, thank you! Looking foward to your posts...and eventually getting a regime started so I can share it with you all. Wink
CARM302
5% products discount

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention...Does a vitamin C serum act as a toner or should I use a toner before using a vitamin C serum?
...and before using a toner, what are some good cleansers? Should I go for a daytime and night time (to remove makeup) cleanser or should I just use one for both day and night? What active ingredient(s) in cleasners should I look for?
Thank you
(Im begining to think im getting anal about my regime:D)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello CARM302

I can't help you with vitamin C serums because I can't use them on my very sensitive skin. They are just too irritating and drying for me. For that reason my skin care products are based on pure botanicals and essential oils.

As for cleansers, I have found that most (not all) but most are good for using day and night and for removing make-up. As to active ingredients I think you just need a cleanser that suits your skin type. Because my skin is so sensitive and irritated by chemicals/preservatives I order a cleanser on-line that contains chamomile, calendula, and essential oils of jasmine. It does not contain any additives or parabens or other chemicals. The preservative that is used is pure grapefruit seed extract. This cleanser is perfect for me and removes make up. I use it day and night.

A good cleanser that is sold on this website is Decleor's cleansing oil. It can be used all the time and is wonderful for taking off make-up, especially for around the eye area. It is a cleanser that I have used and would repurchase.

Again, though, it is really according to your skin type that would guide you to the right cleanser.

Hope someone else can help you with the vitamin C serum.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |