Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Quasar versus Gentlewaves
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
girlblue
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Ladies:

I'm sorry to beat this horse into a fine spray but my mother's dermatologist just purchased her Gentlewaves. She's HEAVILY pushing the service on my mom. I introduced my mom to her dermatologist, I trust her opinion, I just need to know which would be more advantageous: buying the Gentlewaves package (over $1000) or buying the BQuasar ($450).

The derm is familiar with the BQuasar. She says that yes, it's great at making your skin appear more luminous and creamy, but that's where it ends. The Gwaves is the ONLY LED device FDA approved to treat and diminish fine lines and wrinkles - both of which my mother has.

My questions

1) Those who have experienced both, do you see a palpable difference between the two?

2) To BQuasar users only, other than creaminess & luminosity, did you see a palpable reduction in fine lines & wrinkles

3) To Gwave users only, did you ee a palpable redcution in fine lines & wrinkles?

Thank you thank you thank you.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I had a series of Gentle Waves treatments (done weekly with each one preceeded by a microdermabrasion) before I purchased my Baby Quasar. I was really delighted with the results. My skin looked just gorgeous at the end of the series.

The general recommendation for Gentle Waves is to repeat the series every six months. I would have been happy to do that to maintain the great results, but my dermatologist suggest the Baby Quasar. She's been great with her recommendations, so I went ahead and purchased it and am very happy that I did.

The BQ didn't just maintain the results that I got with the Gentle Waves treatments, but most definitely improved them. I think the BQ gave me the most dramatic results in two areas: (1) it gave me incredible lift around my eyes; (2) over time, it faded some broken caps that I had around my nose (I have horrendous allergies - kerchoooooooooo!)to the point that my concealer is all dusty from neglect.

I think it's hard to say which is better. My recommendation for optimal results would be to go ahead with the Gentle Waves, then purchase the BQ.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
One more thing: $1000 strikes me as very expensive for the Gentle Waves series. May I ask you how many treatments are in the series AND if free microdermabrasion treatments are included????
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Girlblue,
I did the same as Katee-purchased my GentleWaves series (paid $700 for 10) had finished up with 8 treatments when I purchased the Baby Q-my thinking was I've been very happy with the results from the GW-tightening, diminished lines & more even toned skin-I thought the Baby Q would enhance & prolong those results-so although it was pricey-I figure it's still way cheaper than surgery-which I'm no longer thinking I need as much as I had-particularly along my jawline.
Hope this helps!
Maria

5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies:

Thank you so much for your input! Your answers were what I needed to know.

The Gwaves series is actually $900 for 10 series WITH microdermabrasion.

But, did you have microderm before EVERY treatment? And after your first Gwave treatment, did you simply cleanse your face and sit in front of the LED for a few minutes before leaving?

Thanks.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't have microdermabrasion, but did have 2 IPL treatments spaced a month apart & I'm due 2 more.
The Gwaves is only 45sec treatment-done on a cleansed face-it's so fast that it's hard to believe it's so much money. Sometimes I just dread the drive to the salon - just for 45 sec! That's where my Baby will come in handy-no driving!
Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had a microdermabrasion prior to each treatment. Eight weekly treatments. The total package cost my sis $550 (it was a gift Smile ).
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow. It looks like the cost here is really a deal !

Looking at the condition of my skin overall, I'm not sure I could benefit from another series - at least not yet - but, I always have SUCH a hard time resisting a bargain Cool .
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Just curious-where do you live? I'm in the Washington, DC area-I seem to remember you are in MD? It'd be worth the travel for that price, when I need it again!
Maria

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |