Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Faithful Retin A Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Gayle wrote:

But, I think good genes are partly responsible for mine. Smile

Totally agree with this! You gotta make sure you pick the right set of parents. Laughing
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Remind me to travel back in time and change mothers... Neutral

P.S. The Retin A .1 is working really well... it's only been a little over a week, but honestly my skin feels like baby's skin! I keep touching it because it's so soft!

The lines around my eyes... well, no product I've found yet has ever improved them. They're nasty little things! I can't believe you ladies in your 50s are saying you don't have them -- good genes INDEED.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Janis: Which brand of retin-A do you use?

Librarygirl, stardust, and Gale: Do you use retinoid acid around your eyes? I don't have good genes Sad
I wonder if it is possible to get rid of the lines around the eyes using vit c and retin-A.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using retin-A off and on for 10 yrs or so. The last few months, I have started using it under my eyes. I haven't had any redness or peeling (but I never had peeling due to retin-A on my face either) I have a few fine lines under my eyes and the retin-a has helped tremendously. I also use IS clinical's proheal under my eyes in the morning.

If you can tolerate it, retin-a under the eye is probably the best 'wrinkle reducer' you can use. Normally, I apply my cellcosmet eye cream and then retin-a. If you are just starting with retin-a under your eyes, I would start out with a low concentration (.025 or so) and only apply it every other day or every third day.

Now, a few years ago, I decided to try using retin-a on my neck. It was awful!! It looked like I had broiled my neck!! Shock Needless to say, my neck is much more sensitive than the rest of my face. For now, I am sticking with kinerase on my neck.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
Janis: Which brand of retin-A do you use?

I use generic tretonoin cream .1%.

It's still expensive as hell, though, and I'm considering doing that whole "Mexico thing." Laughing

I'm wondering the same as you, if I will see eye wrinkle improvements with using Retin A and Vitamin C in that area. That's what I'm hoping. As I just mentioned in another thread, I have zero faith in eye creams. I'll track my progress with that.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Retin-a can definitely be used around the eyes. To be on the safe side, either use a lower concentration or do as Abejita does and buffer it with an eye cream first.

As for helping with eye wrinkles, it depends how deep they are. IMO, fine lines will be noticeably diminished but the deeper ones less so and will take more time, maybe years? As always, YMMV.

I too tried the retin on my neck and it got awfully sensitive and red. Afterwards Rolling Eyes, I read that skin on the neck is by nature thinner and more sensitive. These days I'll apply the retin to my neck about 1x/wk. There hasn't been much difference but at least it's not itching and red and I figure, even occasional use should be helpful.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the valuable suggestions. I am going to try the buffering method. I still have some Cellcosmet eye cream and will use it first before putting retin-A. I think my lines around eyes will take years to see the difference. I have to be patient.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |