Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
MaMa Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Very Happy

Well..I've heard GREAT reviews for this product..and I've heard HORRIBLE reviews for this product. I have yet to hear any "eh..it was alright" reviews.

So, I want to know..who really digs this stuff??..and is there any procedure in applying it (to avoid the "burnt" look). I have sensitive skin..so I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to use it everyday like some people.

By the way..I have some melasma..dark spots left over from acne..and my skintone is medium brown..but this stuff supposedly works great on darker skin.

I would appreciate any kind of information in regards to the product -Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample and I have been dabbing it on a raised scar that my derm said to try it on to reduce it. I was told to use it sparingly once every 4-5 days to a week to see how your skin adjusts if it is sensitive. It WILL make your skin peel, especially if you use it all over. I'm not sure what you mean by the "burned look", but that sounds scary if I have the jist of it.
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,

Yes..quite a few women have reported saying that the product actually burned their skin a bit and aggravated the dark spots/areas they were trying to treat. I guess it's because they used the product on an everyday basis not realizing they had sensitive skin. There are also great reviews too..so I don't mean to discourage you or anything.

So, do you peel after only using it once. Like..say if you put it on the night before..do you start peeling the next morning? Have you seen any changes in your raised scar? Thanks in advance. Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
MaMa is a fabulous product for cellular turn-over, and like all such products, will induce peeling and some redness. If used properly, it should not cause a horrible reaction, although I think that they tell sensitive skin types to stay away...
I have used it full-strength several nights in a row and i noticed that my skin was certainly more 'rosy,' but also extremely soft and even-looking. As harsh as it is, it is also a very moisturizing product, somewhat of a humectant.
but all in all, it is a very potent at-home 'peel,' and some irritation and dead skin should be expected from the use of this product.
i'm not brave enought to continue using is right after my ipl treatment, but as a spot treatment it cannot be beat.
also, this makes a nice mask--rather than wear it all night long (it is sticky), you can wear it for about 30 minutes and it has the same effect.
HTH~

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Avalange Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Mel...,

Have you read the reviews on skincarerx.com? that is where i discovered the product--it is where i buy my skinceuticals--but there are SO many raves for the wonders that MaMa does for reduction of brown spots there. I think that is actually what it is known for, since a lot of other products that treat acne also cause hyperpigmentation, so finding a product like this for darker skins prone to this problem is like finding the holy grail... and indeed there are FAR more outstanding reviews on that account for this product than there are bad ones. the bad ones tend to be from people who didn't use the product correctly or who have, unfortunately, wierdly reactive skin, or who go out in the sun the day after, etc.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes..I saw the reviews on skincarerx. I'm getting ready to order my mom something from there, so I'll be sure to ask for samples for the MaMa lotion. Thanks Again. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |