Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

you girls with dry skin, which make-up do you use ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I'd be curious, how you all solved this problem.
thanks & love,
lin
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
for foundation I use Laura mercier tinted moisturizer or Chanel Vitalumiere. Each helps with my dry skin and gives a nice dewy appearance.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Chanel makes a very good light foundation that's perfect for dry skin , but I don't use foundation anymore. I use Jane Iredale pure pressed base and if I feel dry at the end of application I spritz it with hydration water.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
In the wintertime I just cannot wear makeup. My skin looks fine without it, but when I put it on sometimes I'll see flakes I otherwise wouldn't see until the foundation is on. I just don't have time for that. When I do wear makeup its either Lancome Teint Idole (which I don't think is for dry skin but I like it) or CG Smoothers. CG smoothers is a good one to try out because its so cheap, but I think you'll like it if you've got dry skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Currently, I use Bareminerals. I bought it because of the hype, and was curious. Also, I hadn't used foundation for a couple years-- just concealor, powder, and some tinted moisturizer when I felt I needed more coverage. I thought it was time to jump back in to using foundation, and I liked that it was "pure", made up of only a a couple ingredients.

I thought I'd made the biggest mistake when I first started with it! It seemed to sit atop my skin, and it'd crease in my expression lines throughout the day (I'm only 24 and all of a sudden I these lines where my face bends!). Then I started playing, realizing I was using way too much. One swirl and tap does almost my entire face-- I was using three or four. I love it now, and it's suitable for my dry skin. I just make sure I'm well moisturized before applying. I keep application the lightest where I know I get dry (around my mouth).

I guess the biggest draw for me for this stuff is how it covers little stuff. I'm super pale, like vampire pale-- you can see my veins on the sides of my face close to ears, and forehead (ever seen Interview with the Vampire?). And BE diffuses those.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I use MM. I am painfully dry, especially in the winter.

Was using BE til I found this forum. I now use Pure Luxe and now GloMinerals. The 2nd one is now preferred. Goes on light & smooth. Doesn't make me feel drier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
A cream based blusher is good for dry skin, also cream eye shadows, I think Lancome do some good ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
These days I'm using mineral makeup over a light moisturiser. If I'm really dry, I'll use a heavier moisturiser. For a liquid foundation, I like Nars Balanced applied with a damp sponge or foundation brush.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
The best foundation that I have found for my dry skin is Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Makeup. I've tried many drug store to high-end foundations, and, so far, this is the one what works well for my skin....applied lightly, the results are dewy, yet natural, wears well all day, and, best of all for me, feel comfortable ALL day. I may just have to write a review on this one, with a warning...for DRY skin only.

Others that I've purchased, that have worked well, and that I would repurchase, if the EL Re-Nutriv foundation was no longer available or if it stopped working for me:

Chanel Vitalumiere Creme
Clinique Repairwear Anti-aging makeup
Lancome Absolue
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, with a bit of extra moisturizer added.
Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation

5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I feel your pain. I have very dry cheeks and foundation makes my flakes more apparent.

Currently, I'm using Chanel Vitalumiere. It is oily so not as drying, however I can't stand the strong fragrance and the oiliness makes my t-zone break out. I've also used Estee lauder Equaliser, but being oily, it really broke me out.

Prescriptives Flawless Skin and Sheseido The Makeup were kind of matte, and made my flakes appear even worse.

It's a shame, because I have acne scars that I need to cover up, but foundations for oily skin makes me dry and foundation for dry skin makes me break out. Sigh...
lips2nv

Fri May 12, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
edited to remove spam

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use Chanel Vitalumiere liquid. HTH
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
After reading your replies I actually came to the conclusion : do I really need to use a foundation ?! I have no bad scars to cover, I don't really like the feeling of having a foundation on (but you're right, the only one I more/less liked was Chanel's Vitalumiere . . .) - so probably in the future I'll go on with a tinted moisturizer.
thanks to you all,
lin
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been using aromaleigh mineral makeup (formula glissade specifically for dry skin), and i think its better than many of the other mineral makeups ive tried. I am also Extremely fair with blue veins showing through my skin and this makeup is very good at covering up that problem on my body and reddness on my face...it's reduced any redness..and doesn't dry my skin out. I used to use bare minerals, but their fairest color was too peach for my face and the bismuth oxychloride in it made my face dry out and itch:(

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |