Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Good Backpack?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone - I was just reading the thread on massage/back problems, and I was wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a good backpack/bookbag to avoid back pain. I remember the good old days of school, and the horrible back aches, and I'm going back to school this August (OMG) so it's time to start shopping!

Thanks Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Find one that has the padded strap that goes just above the hips. It'll cause your hips to hold more of the weight causing less stress on your shoulders and back.

The North Face, and Deuter are good brands for durable packs. They make travel ones as well as day/school packs. You will spend a bit more on them than other brands but they do have a guarantee and having worked at a store that sells those brands I know their customer service is really great and their products are good quality. (not many companies replace products that are 3 or 4 years old, but the north face often did when I dealt with them)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Lianne is correct about the padded hip strap.Also, I have a Kelty (taht I use to go to school and og on day hikes). It is pretty good. It has some sort of padding for back. It is very comfortable.

Also, Chimera, is there an REI in your town? They are having a sale now. I got mine from REI sale 2 years ago, and it was like 30% discount or something.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
You might try LL Bean, also, for selection, but you'd want to find an LL Bean store so that you can try on the pack. If you don't have an LL Bean Store around you, then definitely an REI or an EMS store would work.

In my old hiking days (really should get back to it - truly the only cellulite killer for me...), I especially appreciated packs with hip straps. They help the pack sit in the proper position in your back, and basically "help" the arm straps, which can stretch depending on the weight in your bag.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
No matter what bag you choose, make sure you use both straps. It's more convenient to just sling one strap over one shoulder but that'll create an imbalance and eventually can cause back pains especially if you favor one side over the other.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I have a North Face Miwok backpack and love it. I've had it for several years and use it weekly and it's still in great shape. It also has good padding and several support straps (if needed) since North Face backpacks are designed for hiking/sports. I use it for all of my travels and overnighters. I don't know if they still make the Miwok but I'm sure they have other new designs that are just as great.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |