Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm officially starting a new trend.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.

For the past year, I've been applying eye cream a couple of times a day in public (discreetly as possible, of course). I do feel somewhat silly doing this, as it is a total display of vanity, but I love Osea's Eyes and Lips so much, that I began to bring it with me everywhere, in order to achieve that 'satiny' (read: not oily) glow that all 16 year-olds with perfect skin have on their cheekbones. And to prevent wrinkles of course. I guess you could say that the "eyes and lips" marketing scheme caused me to develop this vain habit. But now I alternate between Osea and Skinceuticals' Eye Balm, which is so luxurious and nourishing, but $$$!
Anyways, what I want to know is--do any of you girls do this, and how shamelessly? Cannot we think of it as akin to applying lipbalm? Or is it totally, hopelessly gauche? And what do you use? If we all begin breaking out our eye creams together, it might not be so stigmatized (or am I merely paranoid?)
note: I live in Chicago, where the extreme weather (and my swimming routine) tend to dry me out.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I'm just shameless.. but I would feel *ok* with applying something to my eyes in public.. perhaps not to the extent like some girls who gawk into the mirror at least ten times afterwards though.. it would just be one of those quick things like reapplying lip balm or something..
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
yes, to clarify--i don't even HAVE a compact that i carry with me, and i use plain old burts bees lip balm!!! I'm just talking about a little patting action on either side...

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is a good idea to apply eye cream a few times during the day. I should start doing it. I noticed that my wrinkles around my eyes are not very obvious in the morning, but in the evening before I leave work for home, they are deeper and more visible. I will try to apply it a few more times throughout the day and see if it helps.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I Love this idea! Sounds Brilliant!!! Very Happy If I can remember, I'm going to do this.
Mabsy

Fri May 12, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't feel ashamed at all! Particularly if you live in a cold climate or a very windy one then this is a good idea! I'm in a pretty humid climate but I do sometimes apply eye gel or spray my face with a moisturising spritz while at work and I have no problems doing this while a colleague is sitting in my office even, though I would obviously not do it in a meeting....

I say go for it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
No shame at all is what I say! I've def. been known to apply both eye cream and face spritz out in public--- I don't think anyone even notices. (Then again, you're looking at the girl who thinks that powder and lip gloss touch-ups are sexy, LOL)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm another who applies a touch of eye cream a few times during the day at work. I'm usually in the privacy of my office, but there have been a couple of times when my boss (male) has been in my office for an informal meeting and I've opened my little tube of eye cream and patted some on right in front of him,(not using a mirror), without distracting either of us from the discussion. With a different boss or different set of circumstances, I may not do this, but I see it a little similar to applying hand lotion during the day. Within appropriate settings, I think it's totally acceptable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I see nothing wrong with applying eyecream in public...actually, it's a great idea! I'm always putting on some sort of lip balm or gloss, so I don't think patting on a little cream around the eyes is any different!

Mary Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I think it is a great idea too! I use and love SkinCeuticals eye balm also, so I will start bringing it with me during the day!
serenity
5% products discount

Fri May 12, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I'm a new EDS addict, been reading this forum daily for a month now! I've learned soooo much, how did I ever make it without this?!!

Anyway, this is such a timely topic, because I was going to sign up just to ask about eye creams during the day.

My question is...What product have you found to work well for touch-ups over foundation and powder? I haven't found any, but then I've only used drugstore variety facial and eye creams. But nothing seems to work well. I always have to touch- up the make-up afterwards. Or maybe that's what everybody does. Any suggestions?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been applying lipstick and eye creams in public for years, although I do try to do it discreetly. I've seen plenty of other woman do this, especially the lipstick in restaurants after meals! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
serenity,

any cream should be okay, as long as you pat it on the skin instead of rub--anyone agree or disagree?

miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot about the makeup part.. so wouldn't the eye cream not penetrate very well and mess up the makeup if you touch up, esp with thicker liquid foundations?
serenity
5% products discount

Sat May 13, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
That's exactly the problem I've been having, but I'm thinking it's probably because of applying incorrectly and/or applying to much. I don't generally wear much make-up on the weekends, so I'm going to try applying lightly and tapping it in next week and see if that helps. Thanks avalange for the info!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
well, hopefully if we keep using all the wonderful products on this site, we won't need makeup. I just use concealer, and at the most tinted moisturizer, since i never got used to a fully made-up face.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |