Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone
Can you tell me how long it usually takes to see results from a c serum? And what results did you have?
I've been using skinceuticals c+ferulic for a few weeks with no results yet.In fact I think it may be the culprit for the whiteheads Ive been getting.I dont normally get them but it seems I've now always got a couple Sad they'll clear up and then new ones will pop up somewhere else Mad
Thanks Very Happy
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed results with Cellex-C after a couple of weeks.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the results after using Skinceuticals C + E for a few weeks. They don't have C+E any more. They have C+E+Ferulic acid now.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
When I was using a homemade C serum, I saw clearer skin in about a week. It faded the acne scars quicker and cleared up some whiteheads within a couple of weeks.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Vit C for about two months now (Skinceuticals 10 percent). I'll say that the results have been hard to pinpoint. My skin is softer and brighter, but I'm also using other products like Retin A and AHA, so it's hard to tell what's doing what. I know that adding the C to equation only helped matters, and I think it's responsible for the slightly pinky tone I sometimes see (which is a welcome change from ... corpse white! Laughing )

I trust that the Vit C is helping with collagen growth and sun protection, though, so I will continue to use it faithfully.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Carol -

I had a similar experience as you when I started on SC C20, and CEF... I would get really greasy skin during the day, and if I used at night I'd get lots of blocked pores down the side of my face!!

But since I've adjusted my actual cleansing and moisturising regime (noticed less oil, blocked pores etc), I've added SC 20% again with PSF HA serum and a few other things that are all loaded on my skin during the day... but I haven't been having any breakout/blocked pores that are directly due to the Vit C serum.

I think the C+ferulic is a much greasier formulation.. and that was the culprit for my breakouts. (I hate how something so good for the skin will cause so many side effects too Crying or Very sad )
starkers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Ultraceuticals Ultra Sheer Vitamin C Cream 20% and I noticed results the next day. Nothing "spectacular", but my skin just looked brighter or something, it was hard to pinpoint.

Kylie
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
This morning i noticed alot of the crystals had accumulated at the top of the bottle around the lid Surprised Should that happen?I'm just using the sample sizes at the moment.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried the Skinceuticals but with the homemade serum I'd get some crystals at the bottle lip so I shook it before each use.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |