Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

GINORMOUS RAVE - RARE MINERALS!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Run, don't walk, to your nearest Sephora or Ebay or wherever and try this magical dirt.

First my story -

When I read all of the raves on Prevage MD, I ordered it immediately and did not heed the "try a test patch" first. After the second day of using it (and it did go on quite nice, etc.) in the middle of that afternoon I felt my neck and it was COVERED with bumps. I ran to the mirror and my face was COMPLETELY COVERED in a rash - I have never seen anything like it...I mean everywhere - even my earlobes. Interestingly enough, the woman I ordered from on E-bay had sent me a sample size of a anti-rash-itch cream. She must have been familiar with some people's reactions! Shock So then I go searching online for other people who had the same reaction, and sure enough....lots of ladies can't use Idebenone at this strength (1%).

Anyway, I stopped using anything except my beloved PSF Green Tea cleanser and a gentle eye-cream - that's it - no topicals, nothing!!! (Kill me now!) After three days, the rash was still there, and as a matter of fact, continued to get worse!!! CRAZY!!!

So....a few days ago, my sample of Rare Minerals came (in Clear) and that night I tried it out of desparation....woke up the next morning....and I kid you not....my face not only looked 80% better, but also had this soft glow to it....tried it last night....and this morning.....rash GONE! AND - my skin looks really smooth and soft. I can't even understand it. I don't know what it is about this dirt, and know not everything works for everyone, but this was so out of the ordinary for me. I am def. 100% ordering a full-size of this.

I would like to add that I am not a user of BE foundation. It contains bismuth oxychloride that I must run from....and the Rare minerals DOES come in light, med., tan as well and those do contain bismuth - however, the Clear does not.

So that's my rave of the day.

Impressive results and I have no clue why.

You just gotta try it.

Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Fri May 12, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
i tried Bare minerals and didnt suit my skin..u think this is better for sensitive skin??
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
This is a nighttime treatment that's supposed to help cell turnover, improve skin clarity and tone., etc....

It's not like the regular foundation (which I couldn't use either.)

So far, my sensitive skin has been fine with the Clear Rare Minerals. I won't attempt to try the colors as they do contain bismuth.

I am just really happy so far.

Maria

5% products discount

Fri May 12, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
oh..i'll definitely give it a shot..
thanks Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
What kind of reaction do you get from Bismuth? I ask because if I apply Bare Escentuals foundation to my neck, after a while it itches, although I don't get a rash. It happens everytime. Is that because of bismuth?
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Is the Clear really transparent? In the pics it looks pinkish.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm planning on buying it tomorrow as an early Mother's Day present...because, let me tell you, I've been a real motha lately.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
What kind of reaction do you get from Bismuth? I ask because if I apply Bare Escentuals foundation to my neck, after a while it itches, although I don't get a rash. It happens everytime. Is that because of bismuth?

Probably. Yes, I got the itchies with the bismuth, and forget using it in the summer! When I would get warm...holy moly did it ITCH! The only place I got a rash was on my jawline and forehead...the cheek area was okay, but I wasn't happy with the itchies so I stopped using any foundation with it.

Some people don't get the rash, just the itchies...

With mineral makeup, sometimes it really depends on the ratios of things like ZO, Mica,and TO...Some people love more zinc, some people can't have too much b/c they get a reaction....

I have found through a few years of trial and error, that you gotta sample until you find the one that sticks!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
Is the Clear really transparent? In the pics it looks pinkish.

I couldn't see it at all on my skin. It is a slight pinkish color, but blends right in and I'm really fair.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

With mineral makeup, sometimes it really depends on the ratios of things like ZO, Mica,and TO...Some people love more zinc, some people can't have too much b/c they get a reaction....

Maria Laughing

What's ZO and TO?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Zinc and titanium oxide.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
It's true--- I've been becoming more and more of a fan of this stuff. Recently I got the WORST bunch of hormonal blemishes (darn PMS!!), all clustered together on my chin. I had been trying to (unsucessfully) extract them for a day or two, and as a result they were were irritated and oozing and just a nightmare. So, last night I slathered on my juice beauty acne serum, and after that had soaked it I patted on a very thick layer of Rare minerals. I woke up this morning, and the swelling had vanished, and the whole lot of them had almost completely healed. Hooray!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Awww Maria you've done it again! Laughing
Now I've had to order a sample of this from Ebay to try!

You are a very good 'enabler' LOL!

Hope all's well with you and yours.

x

Sat May 13, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
oh dear.... Brick wall Laughing I'm too afraid to look if this new thing I absolutely must have is very expensive...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my way to Sephora!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
oy!I'm in trouble.... Rolling Eyes
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
oy!I'm in trouble.... Rolling Eyes

#%!!#@#$!@#$#$@! And I was so sure this was a gimmicky product.

I just ordered it in Clear from Sephora.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are so bad, but pretty good sales people because now I'M off to look. Laughing
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
K, just went to ebay, and they don't have any samples clear, darn. I REALLY want to get rid of the redness on my face, now that I have the oilies under control, have you had any positive results with that aspect Mariav? probably you don't have redness, but if you do I'd love to know how this has worked on that before I order it. Thank you
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Sephora and they would not give me a sample. It's a jar with a applicator on top. I don't know if you can seperate the applicator. I tried the color light on the back of my hand. It felt and looked just like MMU powder foundation. Mica is the first thing on the ingredient list. It also has Vitamin C, Vitamin A,......., and plants extract. $60 for a jar. I don't konw, can not get over with having makeup when I go to bed. The SA told me the main purpose for it is to clear pores. There should be something similar but cheaper and non "makeup" looks. On the bottom it said "might contain Bismuth..." I don't think Busmuth is intentionally put in for this product but because other BE products have Bismuth and they are manufactured in the same factory so it Might Contain it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think there is mica in the clear?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Someone on MUA applies it with a brush...read the reviews..the stuff is certainly popular. There's also some discussion about clear vs. colors there too. Smile Editing: the clear ingredients vs. color ingerd. (there is a difference) is actually discuussed on the MUA skin boards not the product review. Just type in rare minerals & there's plently of info.

Personally, I still working on my EDS debt Confused
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I bought it in Clear yesterday at Sephora and used it last night. I hesitate to rave about anything after just one night...But I will say the following:

-In the past I tried BE mineral makeup and it instantly gave me a red, shiny, irritated-looking face. So far, no such problem with the RM.

-I bought the Clear because most of the early raves for the product were by people who used the Clear (on the BE cruise).

-I emailed BE--but haven't gotten a response yet--to find out if perhaps the Clear does not contain bismuth (which I think is probably what bugged me with the BE foundation I tried). I'll let you know if they get back to me.

-When I used the Clear last night, it gave me a "luminous" look, but definitely NOT a "wearing make-up look." I assume the luminosity is from the mica.

I will give it a few more days and post on my results.

Hope this helps!
BBD
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but any chance EDS will carry this "magical dirt"?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Sounds amazing! I bet it's ages before this arrives in the UK, unfortunately. Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |