Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Got my Pro-heal sample and need some opinions...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I got my first EDS order in the mail today (I am VERY pleased with EDS btw) and along with it I got the Pro-heal sample that I have been longing for. Now I have some questions.

First I am having a 70% glycolic acid peel done at my dermatologists in 4 days so I don't want to start the Proheal until next week. How long should I wait after my peel to start using the Proheal? I usually wait 3 or 4 days after my peel to start using my Differin again and since Proheal has retinol I think that the wait time would be similar to the Differin. I have no idea what the wait time between a peel and using Vitamin C serums in general would be, does anyone have an idea about this?

Second I plan on using the Proheal in the morning and have heard that you need to apply C serums to clean, just washed skin. Normally I just rinse my face with water in the morning (I have sensitive skin and have been doing this for about a year and my skin seems to be less irritated and I experience less breakouts since I have been doing this). Do you think that just rinsing my face with water before I apply the Proheal would be sufficient or do I need to start using a cleanser in the morning? If I need to use a cleanser I will try using my Bioderma Crealine No Rinse cleanser but if anyone has a good cleanser suggestion then I would appreciate that.

Third I have been using the Differin for my acne and antiaging and would like to continue to do so if I use the Proheal. I know that the Proheal has reinol and the Differin has retinoids but I don't think that the amounts would matter since Differin is a weaker retinoid than retin-a or tazorac. To start I plan on taking 5 to 7 days off the Differin when I start using the Proheal to give my skin time to adjust and then after that using the Differin everyother night. Does anyone use Proheal with prescription retinoids? If so how often do you use the retinoid? Any options on this would be appreciated!

Finally just a few quick questions to clarify some points. Should I be using about 5 drops for my face alone? Is it okay to put Proheal on my neck? And should I wait about 15 minutes after applying the Proheal to put on my moisturizer and sunscreen?

I know this is a long post and would like to thank everyone in advance for their help with this!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
There are better minds than mine on this since my skins very diff than urs, but you could also email isc and tell them ur having a peel and what products when? from what I understand they are very kind and fast in replying. I use about 5 drops or so of the various isc serums.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

Yes contacting ISC and asking them about application of the ProHeal after a peel would be ideal. I agree with you that you should wait about 5 days after your peel to start the Differin. Also you can use both the ProHeal and Differin as the amount of retinol in the Proheal is rather minuscule. I would recommend trying a gentle cleanser in the morning and see how your skin reacts. It's alsways good to have a "clean" face when applying serums. I would suggest Yonka's cream cleanser (I can't tell you the name in french). This is my HG morning cleanser. Good luck and your regimen sounds great!!

HTH
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies.

I have emailed IS Clinical in the past and agree that they are great at answering emails but I have a feeling that on the face peel question they would tell me to consult my derm. So I think that is what I will do.

Lifeplyr I think that I will try using a cleanser in the morning. I will start using my Bioderma because I do not want to add a new cleanser at the same time that I add the Proheal. The Yonka cleanser sounds like it would be a good option though. I actually had this cleanser on my mental list of gentle cleansers to try because I had read about it in another post. I think that I will give it a try after I have been using the proheal for a few weeks. Thanks for the suggestion.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |