Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help! The skin around my eyes is disintegrating!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Evies

Sat May 13, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
i am new here. this is the 1st and only forum of its kind that i've found. i'm hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction!!

i'm 27 years old and the skin around my eyes is having some major issues. fine lines started there about 2 years back. i was not pleased but could live with them. but over the past 2 years the skin is that area just seems to be losing all of it's integrity. it is thin, crepey. i've developed some visible crows feet. when i smile, the skin there looks like, and i hate to say it, testicle skin! it's all crinkly looking.

i caught myself in the mirror on a sunny day yesterday and felt sick to my stomach. this has all happened so fast. this area of my face has aged so rapidly and to the point where i'd compare the skin there to a 40 year's old! (not that 40 is bad but reminder: i am 27!)

i will not consider botox but i will consider just about anything else. i need to start a plan of action here because i am getting unhappy and desperate about it. i have no idea where to start! please advise if you can!
Mabsy

Sat May 13, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Evies - sorry to hear that your eye area seems rather unhappy at the moment... can you let us know what you have been using over the last few years? Do you use eye cream or sunblock yet?

My initial recommendation would be a vitamin C product (like PSF StimuColl for example), sunblock and also maybe something with AHA for a while to help with the lines. But first, I'd like to know what you have tried and what the results were.

Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
hi, thank you for replying!

i started using sunblock daily when i was about 25, around the time i first got scared about the lines under my eyes/sun damage. i also started using eye creams around that time. started with drug store brand, i want to say oil of olay, then moved onto clinique (stop signs). no proress with each of these, though i still use the clinique i guess just for peace of mind.

i have gotten a few glycolic peels at a spa near my house. the first one was awesome and afterwards i thought my problems were over because the lines were barely visible! i was walking on air. but of course the lines were back in a couple days. i had a few more peels but i stopped seeing visible results with those and they were expensive, so stopped getting them.

right now i use a cleanser, moisturizer and sunblock in the morning and then moisturizer and the clinique eye cream at night. NOT helping!
Mabsy

Sun May 14, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I know that MACrisis is liking the MDF Vit-a-Plus eye cream - this has glycolic acid in it. She said her skin is very hydrated and she uses this in combination with Juvedical I believe.

I'm glad that you're using the SPF, I am sure that has helped to some extent at least in preventing more lines from coming up. The creepy skin you're talking about IMO sounds like the eye cream is not rich enough. I still stand behind the PSF eye cream for this. Try to get a sample of this first but it is a very good eye cream. Also, the StimuColl has vitamin C which should also help (over time) with the lines and just reversing some sun damage as well. For night time, you could use something like the MDF eye cream I mentioned and maybe something over it if you don't feel it's moisturising enough. I'm hopint that MACrisis will see this post and tell you her results with the MDF eye cream...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I've found that Clinique eye creams are worthless. May as well apply water. I have the same problem droopy lids and crepey skin in the eye area and have since my 20s. But no one would believe it because I use effective creams that when applied firm up the skin. My favorite eye treatment, Almay Rejuvenating Eye Treatment from the Kinetin line, has been discontinued so I can't recommend that to you. When I finally run out of my hoarded supply, I'll be in the same boat as you. I have tried samples of Okusil and of IS Clinical Vit C Eye Serum and both worked very well, but not as good as the Almay. I've been using a sample PSF's Super Hydrating Eye Treatment at night and I really like it so far. Try to get some samples of recommended products and see what works for you. And lose the Clinique eye treatments; they're a waste of time and money. (I'm feeling guilty for slamming Clinique's eye creams, so I'll give a plug to Clinique's Glossy Black Mascara, which I love.)

Good luck!

Evies wrote:
hi, thank you for replying!

i started using sunblock daily when i was about 25, around the time i first got scared about the lines under my eyes/sun damage. i also started using eye creams around that time. started with drug store brand, i want to say oil of olay, then moved onto clinique (stop signs). no proress with each of these, though i still use the clinique i guess just for peace of mind.

i have gotten a few glycolic peels at a spa near my house. the first one was awesome and afterwards i thought my problems were over because the lines were barely visible! i was walking on air. but of course the lines were back in a couple days. i had a few more peels but i stopped seeing visible results with those and they were expensive, so stopped getting them.

right now i use a cleanser, moisturizer and sunblock in the morning and then moisturizer and the clinique eye cream at night. NOT helping!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
No products to suggest but just a thought as to the cause for the dry crepey skin. Do you have allergies and rub your eyes? Drink lots of water, get enough sleep? My son has bad allergies and there are days when viewed up-close, the skin under his eyes look as how you've described. I've got a sample of Cellcosmet eye cream from my last EDS order and am wondering whether to offer it to him. It's a tough decision! hmm
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, as Mabsy mentioned, I used Juvedical Renewing Eye Serum and MD Formulations Vit-A Plus Eye Cream at PM. Some people found MDF eye cream drying but it's very hydrating to me!! I don't know why but I DO have very dry skin under my eyes. I used this combinations for few weeks now and like how my eyes looked in the morning. ONLY, if I used both Juvedical Eye Serum / Cream, my eyes were not as puffy. As for wrinkles, they looked softer from the hydration. And two tiny milias were GONE!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I bought PSF StimuColl-C™ Intensive Eye Serum few months ago. I'm thinking using Juvedical Serum and PSF in the AM and see what's the result I'll get.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I too have had major bagginess, dry, crepiness, all from extreme allergies. I recently 2 weeks ago started the Juvedical Eye Serum and it does seem to help with the puffy look but so far not much in the way of the dry creppy look. I think I will get some of the Juvedical creme too so I can see if that helps with the regimen.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I agree about the Clinique. I had been using Clinique eye cream (Repairwear + All About Eyes) and after a few months I found that I looked like I was getting MORE fine lines! I had also been using other Clinique skincare products at the same time on the rest of my face and my face ended up becoming very dehydrated. Right now for the past few weeks I've been using the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm for Eyes and Lips. It's made a big difference. The only thing is that at my last facial she said to only use about a rice size amount on each eye ... well this stuff sinks in so fast that I end up using more, but so far I am really liking the difference it's made under my eyes and I really think I'll repurchase when I've used up the tube.
Evies

Sun May 14, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone, thank you very much for your responses! much appreciated!

i agree with everyone about the clinique being ineffective. i think i've been using it about a year and NO improvements. and it's pretty pricey for a completely ineffective product!

i am interested in many of your suggestions, but i do have a question. my main concern right now are the lines around my eyes ...so i am looking for a product that targets that specifically. a few of you have mentioned the MDF Vit A plus eye cream, which i've found in my own searches as well. the product description is a little vague, says something about "revealing younger skin." is this product going to improve my lines though?

also am i just being naive in thinking that a cream will have ANY effect on the terrible state that my eyes are in? i almost feel that i'm at the point where i need to be considering more heavy duty options, i.e. lasers, thermage, something! because my eyes are really aging terribly and i'm not even 30 so i'm terrified of what the future holds! did anyone else have this problem when they were in my age range... or can anyone around my age comment on what's going on with your eyes? because honestly my skin there is just a crinkly mess.

more advice would be appreciated, if you have it... and thanks again to those who responded!
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Evies, I am a little bit younger than you (25), but my eyes are in bad shape, too. My "fine lines" over the past year have deepened to where I've realized they are here for the long haul and not going anywhere. The crow's feet are starting. I know what you mean when you say the skin seems to be losing its integrity... I'm watching as it just collapses into lines, and it's frightening.

I am a doubter of eye creams. I believe they can temporarily improve the appearance of the lines by moisturizing, but beyond that, I don't see how any cream is going to fill in grooves that are embedded in your skin. This is just my opinion -- take it or leave it.

I've had some subtle results with glycolic peels, and regular use of Retin A and Vitamin C. However, I have yet to find any miracles on this front and, like you, would love for something that would just make this problem go away. The rest of my skin is looking great, it's just these goddamn eyes that age me far beyond my years!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi there! i am also 27 myself and i have the same problem. I have used various eye creams, gel, there is really nothing like a holy grail... Lately i have been using caudalie eye contour cream mix with emu oil, and it seems to be working...
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend a sunblock (a really good one, the european versions seem to have the highest PPD, I like La Roche Posey Anthelios XL).
I found TNS recovery complex works great for me, also I like the eye cream by TNS as well, hths. Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Evies wrote:
over the past 2 years the skin is that area just seems to be losing all of it's integrity. it is thin, crepey. i've developed some visible crows feet. when i smile, the skin there looks like, and i hate to say it, testicle skin!

Eew!!! Isn't it horrid - I've been searching for a way to describe what I really hate about the skin round my eyes and you just summed it up. The skin round my eyes totally doesn't look as if it belongs with the rest of the skin on my face Sad .

I'm still searching for a miracle cure - I just turned 40 though so think mine must be a lot worse than yours. I just started using the Caudalie eye serum, so far it feels nice but I haven't seen a noticeable improvement. Early days yet though. There have been some great reviews of the Juvedical eye serum on here recently, and I've also seen nice things said about IS Clinical Eye Complex. They're all on my list of things to try Embarassed . I'll keep checking this thread with interest too!
Evies

Mon May 15, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
yeah i hate it so much! wish i just could forget about it and not care, but every time i look in the mirror i find myself inspecting the skin around the eyes and reacting in horror! it is terrible to HATE something about your appearance.

i wish someone would come in here and say, "well i found the miracle, this definitely works" but so far you all seem to be finding the same thing as me, that not much helps these eye wrinkles...if i am wrong, please tell me!

also, like i said originally i am ready to hear about other options i might be looking into that go beyond creams... dermatologist procedures etcetra. i need to do some research but i am beginning to doubt the power of a cream so i am trying to find real solutions (if they exist)!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |